KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Powers and abilities

Powers and abilities
Started by: SIDIOUS 66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dominis

Powers and abilities

I was super bored so i wrote out a power bios for Palpatine. On Wookieepedia they do not give much information or detail on his abilities like they do a lot of other character, even some minor ones. I am a member of http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/?page=1, and even edited Palpatine's page on there, but don't know if the mods will accept it.

Here is Palpatine's page on comic vine: http://www.comicvine.com/emperor-palpatine/29-16164/

I made this thread so super bored people like me can create a power bios(or whatever you wanna call it) for their favorite SW character.

Here is what i wrote(and no i do not have the best writing skills, but i try):

Saber Skills:
Palpatine was a master in the art of lightsaber combat, having mastered all six forms. His skills were so great he killed three jedi masters in seconds with his saber, and nearly overpowered the mighty Windu. The only way Windu was able to achieve victory over Palpatine was when he sunk his mind deep in vapaad. Palpatine also fought on par with master Yoda, who was one of histories greatest masters of lightsaber combat.

Force Mastery:
Palpatine was maybe the greatest master of the force lightning technique. He once reduced three dark prophets to charred bones at the same time with lightning, using only one hand. Palpatine used lightning to easily wipe out a small army of stormtroopers. Force lightning was Palpatine's weapon of choice, being able to overpower most jedi with it.

Palpatine's greatest power was his uncanny ability to see the future. This power helped him in manipulating events.

Palpatine was able to dominate the wills of others. He corrupted the entire planet of Byss, and dominated the wills of the inhabitants, and even fed off their life energy. During the time of the clone wars he clouded the minds of the entire jedi order. As Yoda once said: "The shroud of the dark side clouds everything.

Palpatine's most powerful force technique was his wormholes/force storms. Palpatine was able to crush entire star fleets, or tear surfaces off planets with his force storms. He was even able to send them lightyears away and ravage a city, or teleport someone(Luke) to where he wants.

Palpatine was a master of sith alchemy, being able to mutate creatures with the dark side, or empower objects or armies. He even wrote the book Creation of monster that detail his knowledge of alchemy.

Palpatine was able to retain his identity after death, and inhabit other bodies, thus making him nearly immortal.

Palpatine was no doubt the most powerful practitioner of the dark side.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

This was sort of the point of the Project Holocron thread, to gather all information on a character and determine their "power level." But we would discuss a particular for a given time and come to a group consensus, then move onto the next character.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 01:05 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

This is a bit different. In project holocron everyone must decide which character to discuss, and then decide their power level. This is not a thread discussing power levels. Anyone can write about any character they decide.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So we're to create a jumble of nonsense and opinionate? We have the PT Forum for that thanks.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lucien A
So we're to create a jumble of nonsense and opinionate? We have the PT Forum for that thanks.

No one said you had to. I did it because i was bored, and i made edits to Palpatine's page on comicvine.com and thought i would share it.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:42 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Okaaaay. Degraded duplicates of other threads aren't appreciated around here, you know. No matter how bored you were. Just saying.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Okaaaay. Degraded duplicates of other threads aren't appreciated around here, you know. No matter how bored you were. Just saying.

Niether are your smart-ass remarks.

Unless you speak for everyone at KMC, i could give a rats ass what you appreciate.

Last edited by Dominis on Nov 4th, 2008 at 04:56 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:53 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Lol, it's so easy to get you riled up.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 05:35 AM
Dominis

It is just a bit irritating when people act like they do understand. This thread is a waaaaay different thread than project holocron. This is not a thread where everyone is discussing one persons abilities at one time, and then rating them.

It is where anyone can write about any characters ability. Kinda like as if you were writing a "powers and abilities" section on wookieepedia, or something.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 06:26 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So, we should go to Wookiepedia and start a mass editing operation? I am confuzzled.

We're not to rate characters, just list what they can do. Even though we can go to Wookiepedia and simply read them.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 10:24 AM
Dominis

So, we should go to Wookiepedia and start a mass editing operation? I am confuzzled.

We're not to rate characters, just list what they can do. Even though we can go to Wookiepedia and simply read them.

I don't know. Since you seem to have a hard time understanding simple explanations(which i'm sure you do, you just like being a smart-ass) ill give you extra time to figure it out, before i answer your questions.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 03:39 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread gets the

KNIGHTFALL FAIL STAMP!
(please log in to view the image)

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I don't know. Since you seem to have a hard time understanding simple explanations(which i'm sure you do, you just like being a smart-ass) ill give you extra time to figure it out, before i answer your questions.
Lol, this is fun. I seriously don't get the point. I get your reasoning and understanding, but what's the point.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 11:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

While I think the reaction to this thread was a little uncalled for- no need to provoke people by dissing them, Lucien, Knightfall- there is a thread that they already have going for this purpose called Project Holocron.

Sorry, Sids66.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 12:11 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote