KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Best and Worst Star Wars Games V.2

Best and Worst Star Wars Games V.2
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best and Worst Star Wars Games V.2

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to V.2 of Best and worst Star Wars game.Restarted because there have been a few releases between this one and the last one. I'll keep the rating the same;

5. Excellent games- perfect
4. Very good games, lite to perfection
3. Good games, only for SW fans
2. Bad games, Lucasarts only made it for money, they knew people are going to buy it, just because its SW
1. Absolute Crap, not worthy of SW title

Only one change, you going to have to defend your stance on why you gave such rating.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 01:29 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

The Force Unleashed - 3
Disagree/agree if you want.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

5--KoTOR 1. Despite it's Gary Stu it's still the best SW game I've ever played and one of the best game's I've ever played.

4--Jedi Outcast. The only one of the series I played and still something I go back to even after 7 years.

3--Force Unleashed. I don't think it's only for SW fans, but I feel it's appreciated mostly by us, especially story-wise. Kinda short and tedious after a while but still fun.

2--KoTOR 2. I was very disappointed by this one. LucasArts pushing for a Christmas release emphasized it's made-for-money status. Deeper characters than #1, granted. But it was still lacking that addictive edge that #1 offered. I turned it off for months on end without ever finishing it, and by the time I did I considered pawning it.

1--Yet to play one this bad.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

5. Kotor 2 - , best SW rpg imo. Republic Commando - a gritty, pure military edge to SW.

Jedi Academy - improved the gameplay from Outcast making it the best Jedi action game ever made to date IMO. The acrobatics, level design and moves set are second to none for a Jedi game.

4. Kotor 1 - one of the best RPG's out there but the plot and pacing didn't lend itself to much replay value and thus lost a point from me, not to mention the level 20 cap. Jedi Outcast - great game but it was let down by frustrating level design. Story was better than JA but not as fun with gameplay.

3. Battle front Series - multi player was fun and its saving grace, single player, not enough depth.

2. Shadow of the Empire great game when it was first out feels a lot dated and frustrating revisiting it.

1. Obi Wan - I remember being super excited about this game when it was released, huge disappointment.

EDIT: I forgot to add TFU that gets a 3. Lightsaber combat should have been better regardless of whether they were focusing on force powers. LA were making a Jedi character, lightsaber action should not be neglected.

The plot was redeemable but the premise promised much more than what was offered.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Last edited by Allankles on Feb 4th, 2009 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 06:13 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Awesomeness
Restricted

Account Restricted

The KotOR games are ridiculously overrated. Both get a 3.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 10:23 AM
Click here to Send The Awesomeness a Private Message Find more posts by The Awesomeness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

The KotOR games are rediculously awesome. The first gets a 5 and sequal gets a 4.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Awesomeness
The KotOR games are ridiculously overrated. Both get a 3.

I can agree with Kotor 1 since the praise for the game was unanimous, but Kotor 2 isn't as highly rated most will tell you its a good game with flaws.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

LOT of flaws.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Allankles
I can agree with Kotor 1 since the praise for the game was unanimous,

Wait, because everyone "unanimously" liked the game means it is overrated?

For the record I like the game but Rouge Squadron (1 and 2) take the cake for me as far as sw games go.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Wait, because everyone "unanimously" liked the game means it is overrated?

I'm talking about game critics mostly it has it detractors sure but those are the hardcore rpgers like rpgcodex.

Someone who found flaws in a game everyone is giving 10/10 can understandably find it overrated. I'm not of the same opinion but I can recognize the reasoning.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 05:09 AM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

5. X-Wing Alliance - Good storyline, nice graphics, a lot of options, multiplayer goodness and I keep replaying it every year.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
5--KoTOR 1. Despite it's Gary Stu it's still the best SW game I've ever played and one of the best game's I've ever played.

4--Jedi Outcast. The only one of the series I played and still something I go back to even after 7 years.

3--Force Unleashed. I don't think it's only for SW fans, but I feel it's appreciated mostly by us, especially story-wise. Kinda short and tedious after a while but still fun.

2--KoTOR 2. I was very disappointed by this one. LucasArts pushing for a Christmas release emphasized it's made-for-money status. Deeper characters than #1, granted. But it was still lacking that addictive edge that #1 offered. I turned it off for months on end without ever finishing it, and by the time I did I considered pawning it.

1--Yet to play one this bad.

I agree with you on Kotor 2. Its all Lucas arts fault. not obsidian's. Obsidian had to abandon some of the game's other levels, to release it for christmas. now i'm glitching all over the place, like dialogue skips, and unwinnable swoop races. I actually didn't have glitches in the swoop races, but they are soo goddamn hard. lol

and I have it for pc.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2009 03:52 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I will give KOTOR1 a high rating due to its importance to the genre of Star Wars games, but KOTOR2 was really just terrible. I give the first game a 4 and KOTOR2 a 2.

I think Star Wars Galaxies deserves the 1 placing after all the fumbles they've made with it. Hopefully TOR revives the interest in MMORPGs for Star Wars.

Shadows of the Empire should at least be a three. Very fun game, even if it's dated.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2009 12:45 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

1- Jedi Academy - Iv been playing this game for 5 years and im still not tired of it great Acrobatics and Lightsaber Combat...Best of the series -KOTOR Series- Loved it awesome games it gave me my first real glimpse of living inside a real Star Wars universe. - Jedi Outcast - Same thing as Jedi academy except this one has a better story I love the acrobatics and saber combat for this one as well.

2 - Republic Commando - Awesome gritty Military side of the SW Universe and the game makes you become attached to you're team mates as well sad Sev. -Battlefront Series- Awesome set of games beautifully made even tho the NPCs are a bit dumb its still awesome.
-Dark Forces I & II- My first lightsaber combat and first real look into the Dark Side of the force smile plus my first chance to fight stormtroopers like Luke Skywalker and Han Solo smile.

3 - Rogue Squadron/Battle For Naboo/Clone Wars - Awesome games with lots of replay value for me but there is one thing that they have in common.....They are a bit too easy. but still wonderful games.

4 - Episode I The Phantom Menace - What the heck o.o....thats it...what...the...heck...

5 - Bombad Racing - No comment...at all...DIE JAR JAR JUST DIE!

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Feb 8th, 2009 01:45 PM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think you switched the grading scale, Ashen! 5 was greatest, 1 was 'choke yourself with a lightsaber.'

Old Post Feb 9th, 2009 12:14 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

5. Jedi Power Battles (PS1)
4. Force Unleashed (PS3) / Lego Star Wars series
3. Battlefront series (PS2)
2. Star Wars Episode III
1. Bounty Hunter

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

5. Kotor Epic game, "iamurfather" moment, epic story and good combat system, very immersive, best star wars rpg, and arguably one of the best rpg's to date,
5. SWBF series (bf2 meets Star wars? that's amaizing!1 And the first SWBF had that epic feeling of having all of the bullets flying around and the blasterfire everywhere that is so reminiscent of the large movie battles. One of the best SW games ever.
5. Republic Commando Great game. Turns Star wars military, gives it that extra kick, makes it gritty, strong, tough, sheds some light on the commandos, just epic.
4. Kotor II Ok it has some bugs and a few storyline inconsistencies. It still manages to be one of the most gripping and immersive star wars tales out there.
4. Jedi Knight series. Jedi knight in itself has some amaizing stories, its defenitely a very good game.
3. Jedi Academy Ah, so good, amaizing combat, yet so simple. So many nuances to the swordfighting and so many different styles and abilities, Ultimately resulting in one of the most complicated and amaizing multiplayer experiences known to gaming. I'd play three more jka games from my experience online with this game, however, singleplayer was lacking, and players who don't read the comics or books will not know who ragnos is, why he's such a big deal or wtf korriban is, so i recomend it only to star wars fans.
2. Star Wars Galaxies. Acceptable. Bad, but acceptable. Not going to be playing this for hours on end though. A star wars mmorpg has so much potential, but they scrapped it with SWG. Hopefully it will be better with TOR.
1. Super Bombad Racer. You play star wars character bobbleheads in a kart game with poor graphics, a sad engine, and dizzying controls.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 09:39 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

5: Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight

loving it still...love the retro-esk blocky models and i love how crap it looks...makes me happy

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 12:26 AM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Knights of the Old Republic is the best I've played, not perfect though.

And Jedi Outcast will always hold a special place in my heart.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:21 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
5: Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight

loving it still...love the retro-esk blocky models and i love how crap it looks...makes me happy

Very much the same.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 09:34 PM