KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did Darth Plagueis (or Palpatine) create Anakin Skywalker?

Did Darth Plagueis (or Palpatine) create Anakin Skywalker?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Did Darth Plagueis (or Palpatine) create Anakin Skywalker?

- Obsessed with eternal life, Plagueis experimented with ways to cheat death and "create new life from the midi-chlorians."

- "Plagueis had the ability to create life from nothing, using the Force to directly manipulate the midi-chlorians found in a living being's blood."

- "When Plagueis then stated that a being created in this manner would be the living embodiment of the Force, Sidious realized that his master intended to create his replacement, and determined to kill Plagueis before that happened.[5] Plagueis never suspected his impending death.[8] Shortly after, at some point between 52 BBY and 46 BBY, Sidious murdered Darth Plagueis as he slept."

- Plagueis' experiments in creating life may have succeeded. It was speculated that Plagueis initiated his plans before dying,[1] and according to the Sith Lords, it was Plagueis who influenced the midi-chlorians to conceive Anakin Skywalker.[5] Though Plagueis purportedly taught Palpatine all he knew,[3] Palpatine himself was unable to use Plagueis' teachings to cheat death through the Force, and was forced to rely on clone bodies to hold his spirit instead.

- Darth Plagueis, the legend went, was so powerful and wise he could persuade the midi-chlorians to create new life,

-- Wookiepedia

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:58 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Possible, but a question occurs; why did he pick Shmi Skywalker to bear the child? What was it about her, out of the quadrillions of women in the galaxy that made her special? I've always wondered that.

For that matter, how was this process actually done? Shmi doesn't seem to have any idea how Anakin came into existence, so what was done presumably was done so without her awareness.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 02:53 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Possible, but a question occurs; why did he pick Shmi Skywalker to bear the child? What was it about her, out of the quadrillions of women in the galaxy that made her special? I've always wondered that.

For that matter, how was this process actually done? Shmi doesn't seem to have any idea how Anakin came into existence, so what was done presumably was done so without her awareness.

Well it had to be someone. If it was Emily from Naboo you would be asking the same question: "Why Emily"?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by chilled monkey

Perhaps she was randomly selected.

Maybe Plaguis threw some "proverbial" chips (or bones) up in the air over a galactic map covering an entire medieval floor and "that one chip he favored" happened to land on the place of birth for the being; tatootine, where he traveled to and sensed shmi to be the least conspicuous of all women and chose her, unbeknownst to her.

Or maybe not.

They were gonna write a Darth Plagueis novel but canned it cause they felt it wasn't the right time top delve into Palpatines and Plagueis's past. w/e that means. So they instead decided to pen the Darth Bane Novel for now.

I can't want for the former.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 06:24 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
why did he pick Shmi Skywalker to bear the child? What was it about her, out of the quadrillions of women in the galaxy that made her special?

She didn't even know what the word's 'date rape' meant.

In other words, perfect.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Nephthys
She didn't even know what the word's 'date rape' meant.

In other words, perfect.

She had to sleep some time. They picked her cos of the tatoo of "Enter Saber here" On one thigh aiming up and "Use the Force" on the other thigh Aiming up.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Last edited by mattatom on Mar 29th, 2009 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 08:26 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Storm

well dont forget, that the skywalkers were dated back ages ago and the fact that shimi was acually born on a so called pretty and watery world. dont forget that. it was also known that skywalkers were force sensitive

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Storm

mabye in fact shimi was familliar with the force

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Darth Storm
mabye in fact shimi was familliar with the force

...if what you do say is true, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have sensed that she was force sensative. Yoda would have sensed that someone on that planet was force sensative. Unless Shmi is a secret uber-master of force inconspicuance...

they'd have to have some reason, and i recon what most have said is more concievable. Plagueis threw dice or something, wore a blindfold and spun several times around: pin the force-child on the planet...lol

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:29 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
...if what you do say is true, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have sensed that she was force sensative. Yoda would have sensed that someone on that planet was force sensative. Unless Shmi is a secret uber-master of force inconspicuance...

they'd have to have some reason, and i recon what most have said is more concievable. Plagueis threw dice or something, wore a blindfold and spun several times around: pin the force-child on the planet...lol

To be fair Palpatine managed to hid in plain view for years. Wouldn't be that hard.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:32 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Old palpy used force cloud or something...a dark side power, unless you're suggesting that because she's not been found by the jedi she has free say as to what powers she uses?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:39 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Old palpy used force cloud or something...a dark side power, unless you're suggesting that because she's not been found by the jedi she has free say as to what powers she uses?

Is it suggested somewhere that she wasn't a DS user?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:40 PM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

it's not been suggested that she was a force user at all...lol

i'm just saying, what are the odds

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:43 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

it's not been suggested that she was a force user at all...lol

i'm just saying, what are the odds

About the chance a blind man with a stick could feed the sarlacc a bounty hunter! Oh snap!

Nah but extremely remote.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:48 PM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

lol

no doubt, someone somewhere has created a whacky story where shmi is in fact a powerful force user...

edit: and had wild and dirty sex with plagueis

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:49 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

lol

no doubt, someone somewhere has created a whacky story where shmi is in fact a powerful force user...

edit: and had wild and dirty sex with plagueis

Then forgot about it.
"You did not have wild and dirty sex with me. You were not chained toa bed and slathered with honey by twileks. You were asleep all this time. Now sleep." -Plagueis

Probably Traviss known for the most BS here.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:53 PM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by mattatom
"You did not have wild and dirty sex with me. You were not chained toa bed and slathered with honey by twileks. You were asleep all this time. Now sleep." -Plagueis

that actually made me laugh out loud lol

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:55 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

*bows*
It made me laugh after I read it admittedly.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 08:12 PM
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by mattatom
To be fair Palpatine managed to hid in plain view for years. Wouldn't be that hard.
Palpatine was one of the most powerful Force-users in history.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Eminence
Palpatine was one of the most powerful Force-users in history.

Yes and i'm saying that hiding on a backwater desert away from everything. It wouldn't be that hard to hide her Force strength for a day or two.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:23 PM