KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » can a jedi block a saber without a saber?

can a jedi block a saber without a saber?
Started by: darthbane99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthbane99

can a jedi block a saber without a saber?

Is it mentioned in any novel,that a sith or jedi,can defend themselves with the force against a ligthsaber,not including lightning.
In other words they where assaulted by a saber attack and unharmed,but the jedi dint use any offensive power to stop it.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 04:41 PM
Click here to Send darthbane99 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 04:49 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Vader did with the back of his hand.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Not that I can recall. They could always try to employ martial arts of some kind to prevent their attacker from making the attack, aiming their block at the hilt or something.

I do seem to remember some power from the Wizards roleplaying game that involved blocking lightsabers with one's hand in the vein of Vader blocking a blaster with his hand. But it could have been a fan-made rule.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 05:08 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Shaak Ti blocked 1 attack from grievous' lightsaber, even though the sheer impact was still felt by her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wfL_9KDZE

See 4:54

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane99

That is what i wanted to see. Im impressed. Grievous is terrible,hes very dark almost pure evil...how can a droid be so evil? Is he part biological,because only biological..can have a will to be light or dark,and although the star forge has dark side energy,its been augmented,grievous was not augmented.

I know this is off topic but one answer leads to many more quesions..soill still keep this topic but change it a little.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 06:06 PM
Click here to Send darthbane99 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I believe Grievous was always anti-republic prior to his accident. His species was a war fighting one. His accident that led him to be a cyborg was caused by Dooku and the CIS, and when they giving him his cyborg body them messed with his brain (which they promised they wouldnt do) and amplified his "angry/darker emotions"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I believe Grievous was always anti-republic prior to his accident. His species was a war fighting one.

Yep. Grievous's people, the Kalee were at war with the Huk. The Republic supported the Huk as their world was rich in mineral wealth.

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
His accident that led him to be a cyborg was caused by Dooku and the CIS, and when they giving him his cyborg body them messed with his brain (which they promised they wouldnt do) and amplified his "angry/darker emotions"

That's right.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 09:31 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: can a jedi block a saber without a saber?

Originally posted by darthbane99
Is it mentioned in any novel,that a sith or jedi,can defend themselves with the force against a ligthsaber,not including lightning.

In The Force Unleashed novel, Starkiller uses telekinesis to block a lightsabre strike from Shaak Ti that would otherwise have skewered him through the face.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 09:33 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yup, Grievous is a cyborg, not a droid. Hence the coughing and the organic squishy parts inside his chest...

And heh, never noticed that's what Shaak Ti did before. It seemed like she repelled herself away from the impact of the blade.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 09:40 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane99

I never seen that happen in fu,but that was just on the game...And i saw a video that a nice man shared with me,it was the anime clone wars,and the jedi shaak ti used telekinesis to block lightsaber blows from grievous

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 11:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It is not actually anime. It is done by Genndy Tartakovsky (sp?).

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 12:12 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
In The Force Unleashed novel, Starkiller uses telekinesis to block a lightsabre strike from Shaak Ti that would otherwise have skewered him through the face.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 11:25 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

i always thought it would be sweet if someone like grievous or a sith were to try and stab a jedi but they would just dissipate that energy of the blade down to the hilt and grab the lightsaber.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 03:26 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i always thought it would be sweet if someone like grievous or a sith were to try and stab a jedi but they would just dissipate that energy of the blade down to the hilt and grab the lightsaber.

Nejaa Halcyon (Corran Horn's grandad) did something like that to Nikkos Tyris (I, Jedi).

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 06:12 PM
Lord Blaze

I dunno of any other occurrences of this, but I think they could do this more often. Create a Force-shield right on the palm of your hand strong enough to block/resist a lightsaber

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Lord Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Didn't Exar Kun's teacher use a stick? Does that count?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yoda uses the force in the clone wars to stop an attack from Ventress.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:15 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote