KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » sith lightsaber...why?

sith lightsaber...why?
Started by: darthbane99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthbane99

sith lightsaber...why?

Why is the sith lightsaber red? Not to go off,but re and black where common elements in egypt and alchemy,the red was the life "force" and the black was material or hidden knowledge,since red rules anger i thoguth that was the intent of a dark jedis weapon.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 08:49 PM
Click here to Send darthbane99 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

As far as the Original Trilogy is concerned, Vader used a red lightsaber because it looked evil and unfriendly, whereas Luke and Kenobi used blue lightsabers (and later green).

Beyond that, the Sith used red because Vader used red.

The in-universe answer is that they use synthetic crystals (rather than ones found in nature) to create their lightsabers. These put off a red glow.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 08:52 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane99

oh ok,i read that,i forgot due to my incompetent and rather hast posting.
Thanks,i remember because synthetic crystals where easy to imbue...andsince they all where the same it didnt take master or a fully trained knight to use them. In other words the sith wanted a weapon thta could kill quickly but not have to rely on the force to empower the crystals.

Though in contradiction darth maul did imbue the dark side force in his lightsaber during his training,he spent weeks and even months just siting there meditaing and focusing hatefull powers in it,the same with luke.Except luke uses the "good side" of the force.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 08:58 PM
Click here to Send darthbane99 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, that's correct...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 09:04 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane99

Well,we all can agree on that a red ligthsaber is a superior choice,if your seeking to gain power faster,but stronger,no.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:13 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Stronger?

Lightsabers grant power now?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane99

no,but the red is a symbol of power,and still the ligthsaber int entirely technology,its in tuned with the jedi,since sith desire faster power their hatred gives lightsaber more power,i NEVER meant a lightsaber giving jedi power so back off.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:04 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That made absolutely NO sense. It was lacking sense. Logic. Coherence. The lot.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

He uses some manner of punctuation though. Props for that.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

I don't know, I think he was doing one of the following:

- Making a point.
- Reïnforcing one of his previous points.
- Changing his point.
- Admitting he was wrong.
- Telling something that he will use later.
- Trying to appear like he knows what he's talking about.
- Brainstorming.
- Saying stuff just to say something.
- Deliberately making no sense as a form of sarcasm.
- Testing the 'Submit Reply' button.

Now these are just a few options as to the purpose of the post, DO NOT ask about the content of the post. This could be dangerous.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eminence
He uses some manner of punctuation though. Props for that.

Seconded.

Originally posted by darthbane99
no,but the red is a symbol of power,and still the ligthsaber int entirely technology,its in tuned with the jedi,since sith desire faster power their hatred gives lightsaber more power,i NEVER meant a lightsaber giving jedi power so back off.

K. You have now expressly stated 'hatred gives [a] lightsaber more power'. Unless you mean that some lighstabers can cut through things that others can't (have a greater energy output... due to their users' emotions?) you have implied that a lightsaber is a source of power for the Jedi/Sith wielding it.. Elaborate or concede.

('In Tune' with the Jedi? Does that give it a +5 to hit?)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
K. You have now expressly stated 'hatred gives [a] lightsaber more power'. Unless you mean that some lighstabers can cut through things that others can't (have a greater energy output... due to their users' emotions?) you have implied that a lightsaber is a source of power for the Jedi/Sith wielding it.. Elaborate or concede.

('In Tune' with the Jedi? Does that give it a +5 to hit?)

What the hell are you doing.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
What the hell are you doing.

He will get better or he will ignore me or he will leave. There is no reason not to expect people to think before they post. I decided that grammar is irrelevant (smart people can ignore conventions) but if one cannot at least present a coherent point (which includes supporting assertions) then they should be encouraged to do so. It is not beyond his ability.

(Edit: Unless I made a mistake that I've yet to realize, in which case I'll ninja the hell out of all of you.)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 11:00 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

He will get better or he will ignore me or he will leave. There is no reason not to expect people to think before they post. I decided that grammar is irrelevant (smart people can ignore conventions) but if one cannot at least present a coherent point (which includes supporting assertions) then they should be encouraged to do so. It is not beyond his ability.

Good luck. You're braver than I thought. And yes, I noticed you're feelings for grammar are slowly fading, as you misspelled lightsabers (which leads to the conclusion that you didn't read what you wrote).

quote:
(Edit: Unless I made a mistake that I've yet to realize, in which case I'll ninja the hell out of all of you.)

No you won't. I'm a pirate, and everyone knows pirates beat ninja's.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 11:07 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Good luck. You're braver than I thought. And yes, I noticed you're feelings for grammar are slowly fading, as you misspelled lightsabers (which leads to the conclusion that you didn't read what you wrote).

Oh. Well, that's why I haven't nazi'd up about spelling for a while. (I might jump on Nebaris if he misuses 'whom' again though.)

No you won't. I'm a pirate, and everyone knows pirates beat ninja's.

Falso. Pirates would get torn apart by ninjas in any setting.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 11:12 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Falso. Pirates would get torn apart by ninjas in any setting.

I'm not talking about actual fighting. I'm talking about overall coolness.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 11:17 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Even that's debatable. You've got Jack Sparrow, but we get Jackie Chan and FRICKEN JET LI. I rest my case.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 11:19 PM
Eminence
Boss

Jackie Chan and Jet Li are Chinese you racist prick, and they're most definitely not ninjas.

Besides, pirates have guns. Ninjas have their little throwing stars [I refrain from adding to ninjakool values by calling them "shuriken"].

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Ninjas have shadows- Pirates are usually too drunk to see straight anyway.

(You don't think Jet Li is a ninja? He is so ninja he makes you look elephant by comparison.)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 11:53 PM
Eminence
Boss

Jet Li's a monk...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 12:03 AM