KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos
Started by: CadoAngelus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Quinlan Vos

A jedi that is uncredited in Ep1. He was meant to be a part of the Order in the films, even prospectively having an appearance in Ep3, but was never cast.

He's been in many an EU story arc, and it's even been said he will make an appearance in the up coming SW TV Series...

(please log in to view the image)

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 04:49 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Does Lucas take characters from EU?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 02:20 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Does Lucas take characters from EU?

Yes, for example he took Aayla Secura.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 02:26 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Vos did have a cameo in episode 1... seen pictures. he's in that part where jar jar ate the frog thing that hit sebulba.

wookieepedes said something about Vos not knowing Qui-Gon was there. which puzzles me a bit, for it seems that Qui-Gon and the rest had just passed him by. *blink* maybe he just wasn't paying attention (which is.. sort of unlikely, IMHO)...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 08:20 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
Vos did have a cameo in episode 1... seen pictures. he's in that part where jar jar ate the frog thing that hit sebulba.

wookieepedes said something about Vos not knowing Qui-Gon was there. which puzzles me a bit, for it seems that Qui-Gon and the rest had just passed him by. *blink* maybe he just wasn't paying attention (which is.. sort of unlikely, IMHO)...

I was actually intreged by this guy, i read a bit up on him after reading through the cast and crew of Ep1 on Wookiepedia, and saw his name. Now i've read a couple of The Clone Wars graphic novels, and i thought he was purely EU, but when I read up on him, Turns out he has a cameo.

I also read somewhere (possibly Wookiepedia again) that GL was thinking about casting him in the TV Series...

Last edited by CadoAngelus on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 09:05 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 09:03 AM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Very cool, I had no idea he was in Episode I. I am suprised that Qui-Gon didn't feel his Force presence or something.

His name was mentioned in ROTS.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 10:55 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
I was actually intreged by this guy, i read a bit up on him after reading through the cast and crew of Ep1 on Wookiepedia, and saw his name. Now i've read a couple of The Clone Wars graphic novels, and i thought he was purely EU, but when I read up on him, Turns out he has a cameo.

I also read somewhere (possibly Wookiepedia again) that GL was thinking about casting him in the TV Series...

ah. that's the pic I saw, yes. don't know a lot about him, for I don't read alotta graphic novs of SW (because I can't get some, go-figure).
He is an intriguing character though, that much I got from wookieepedia.

hm. Interesting, indeed. I'm still quite confused on where GL is going with the tv series...

Originally posted by sweersa
Very cool, I had no idea he was in Episode I. I am suprised that Qui-Gon didn't feel his Force presence or something.

His name was mentioned in ROTS.

'xactly. maybe they did notice each other - but were too busy to care. heh, heh, heh.

hm? really? when?

HIS force be with you.

Last edited by Jaeh on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 11:45 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

ah. that's the pic I saw, yes. don't know a lot about him, for I don't read alotta graphic novs of SW (because I can't get some, go-figure).
He is an intriguing character though, that much I got from wookieepedia.

hm. Interesting, indeed. I'm still quite confused on where GL is going with the tv series...

'xactly. maybe they did notice each other - but were too busy to care. heh, heh, heh.

hm? really? when?

When Anakin came late to a meeting/briefing and Obi-Wan gave him a brief summary then said something like the Chancellor is making him feel uneasy.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 07:11 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

When Anakin came late to a meeting/briefing and Obi-Wan gave him a brief summary then said something like the Chancellor is making him feel uneasy.

ooooh I need to check that out.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 07:29 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I thought the EU came up with Vos well after EpI, considering he's in the Clone Wars... The reason why GQJ didn't feel Vos is easy: at that point they hadn't picked him as a Jedi yet. wink

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Jovan
I thought the EU came up with Vos well after EpI, considering he's in the Clone Wars... The reason why GQJ didn't feel Vos is easy: at that point they hadn't picked him as a Jedi yet. wink

then its not really a cameo by Vos - its more of he was just an extra who just miraculously happened to be a jedi too.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 02:28 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

This guy looks like a bum in the film, in the above picture. The very top picture looks like a dignified jedi

?????

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Apr 23rd, 2009 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 05:07 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

A dignified Jedi wouldn't be sitting with sebulba. So, is this the same dude?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 05:32 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by JediRobin23
This guy looks like a bum in the film, in the above picture. The very top picture looks like a dignified jedi

?????

he was supposed to be "undercover"... as said by wookieepedia. xD

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 05:46 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

then its not really a cameo by Vos - its more of he was just an extra who just miraculously happened to be a jedi too.

more of an extra who miraculously got picked to feature as a Jedi in the EU...
I find it rather silly: they picked someone who "looked cool" and made him into a Jedi. Than they need a stupid reason to explain why QGJ wouldn't notice that guy (even glance for a milisecond at him)... They couldn't find anything better than "he was undercover and was hiding his presence". From who? Not the Sith because they all think that those don't exist anymore and we don't know of any other force-sensitive people on Tatooine.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 08:36 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Thats pretty much it...he was technically casted as Quinlan Vos, but only after that did Quinlan Vos become a jedi in the EU...

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 09:40 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

more of an extra who miraculously got picked to feature as a Jedi in the EU...
I find it rather silly: they picked someone who "looked cool" and made him into a Jedi. Than they need a stupid reason to explain why QGJ wouldn't notice that guy (even glance for a milisecond at him)... They couldn't find anything better than "he was undercover and was hiding his presence". From who? Not the Sith because they all think that those don't exist anymore and we don't know of any other force-sensitive people on Tatooine.

true, true.

They could've made anyone into a jedi then. even jar jar. they could say that he has high midi-chlorians and just wasn't discovered by the jedi. the reason that Qui-Gon didn't sense it (or didn't care) was that he was too old and Anakin's force presence overwhelmed his.

so easy to do it, then.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 10:03 AM
sweersa

Whats that mark across his face?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 10:52 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Whats that mark across his face?

Tattoo? Sunblock? He can't put makeup on properly?

dunno lol

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 11:21 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I think its something about his home planet customs what-not thing. I don't remember, its on wookieepedia. I'm too lazy to check...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 01:06 PM