KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Palpatine: The Beginning

Palpatine: The Beginning
Started by: CadoAngelus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Palpatine: The Beginning

So, i was reading through Visionaries (for those who don't know, a graphic novel that takes some of the characters from the saga and explains them a little bit more)...and i came across quite an interesting short story.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 10:12 AM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 10:14 AM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 10:14 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

I'm assuming this is Palpatines "visions" of whats to come...but i was hoping if people knew otherwise or if anyone had any views...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 10:15 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Sithisis" and the other short stories in "Visionaries" are actually considered non-canon, I believe. "Sithisis" is an interpretation of Sidious and how he manages to mask his identity while still spreading his dark and evil influence throughout the Galaxy. Awesome piece of work, I think.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 10:49 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

i wouldn't say all of the stories are non-canon, the Greavious story seems pretty canon, and as for this story, it just seems like an elaboration on what people think and already know about palpatine...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 11:57 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I forgot where it was that I read it, but I think it was labeled as being non-canon.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 02:27 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sithisis is a fantastic piece of work, visually and for the purposes of a story. It explores the more monstrous side of Sidious during the Clone Wars; the only other piece of literature that portrays him as the sadistic, inhuman bastard that he is during this timeframe is Dark Rendezvous.

As far as its status, Sithisis is directly referenced and pictured within the Ultimate Visual Guide; it's canon.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

As I've said many times before; this is, IMO, one of the greatest depictions of the character in any medium. Simple, but brilliant.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dark Rendezvous, sorry.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

"One of," asshat. And DR doesn't have pictures. yes

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is no "one of." There is DR and then there is the rest. And there is a nice picture on the front.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:34 PM
Eminence
Boss

Pfft. That doesn't count.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:48 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes it does.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:49 PM
Eminence
Boss

Nah.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:53 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

There was no words in those panels, but I loved it. Especially the last one. Where did you find this?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

i scanned the panels from the graphic novel "Visionaries"...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 01:45 PM
Lucius
Unknown

Looks like he ate a Gou'ald from Stargate.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

I don't get this.. can someone explain?

ok so first: Palpy eats this slug thing
2) he gets minor food poisoning
3) he gets pissed and starts shooting lightning at the crystal like thing hanging in the center of the room
4)Then he somehow electrifies the whole planet
5) Yoda appears
6) Palps gets eaten by a giant slug
7) He force lightnings it and escapes
8) Then hes back with his red guards..? wtf how did that happen? is the whole thing a dream or thought?

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 07:07 PM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
"Sithisis" is an interpretation of Sidious and how he manages to mask his identity while still spreading his dark and evil influence throughout the Galaxy.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 01:47 PM