KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » "you will be EXPELLED from the jedi order!"

"you will be EXPELLED from the jedi order!"
Started by: WO Polaski

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

"you will be EXPELLED from the jedi order!"

how exactly would that work? would he be locked up with the key thrown away? or would he just be... kicked out of the temple?

how exactly do you "expel" a being that has command over the force? its not like you can make him unlearn his knowledge and the force isnt like a badge and gun that you can confiscate. now that he knows how to use it anakin can harness its power whenever he wants.

so how much sense would it make to just "ban" one of the most powerful people in the orders existence? especially when that boy has already shown that he is very resentful and is extremely emotional. are they going to just release him and make him promise hell never use the force again or something?

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jul 20th, 2009 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:49 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Who are you talking about? The Exile?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

no expression

anakin. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:51 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Uh, they will either just send him away, or he will be cut off from the force, which they can do, but not likely.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

they can cut him off from the force?

who can do that as of the pt?

and send him away how? like out of the galaxy? or like imprisonment? is forming attachments an imprisonment level crime?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:53 AM
Lucius
Unknown

When was Anakin expelled from the Order?

EDIT - Oh wait, you mean that line by Obi-Wan.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I'm pretty it's just a formality, i.e. "you're not a Jedi anymore, go away plz."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I dont know who can do it but the Council would definatly be able to, i dont know how, it was visually attempted only once, when the council tried to do that to the Exile, and just send him away to wander, most likely die, or live his life in solitude. The Exile actually went into the unknown regions during her exile, Jolee Bindo went to Kashyyyk, Kento Marek went to Kashyyyk also, alot of Jedi ended up wandering around, doing nothing.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
I dont know who can do it but the Council would definatly be able to, i dont know how, it was visually attempted only once, when the council tried to do that to the Exile, and just send him away to wander, most likely die, or live his life in solitude. The Exile actually went into the unknown regions during her exile, Jolee Bindo went to Kashyyyk, Kento Marek went to Kashyyyk also, alot of Jedi ended up wandering around, doing nothing.

but that was several thousand years before the PT. who in the pt can do it? and do they really base their entire justice system off of that? if only one or two people could do it what would happen if something happened to them?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:00 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hmm, well Dooku quit the order and they just let him go. Same with Exar Kun I believe, so I think they'd let you go, but put you under supervision. The Jedi do let groups exist outside of themselves.

And I think one of the PT council members cut himself off from the force, so I'm fairly sure they can do it on others.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:05 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: "you will be EXPELLED from the jedi order!"

Originally posted by WO Polaski

how exactly would that work? would he be locked up with the key thrown away? or would he just be... kicked out of the temple?

how exactly do you "expel" a being that has command over the force? its not like you can make him unlearn his knowledge and the force isnt like a badge and gun that you can confiscate. now that he knows how to use it anakin can harness its power whenever he wants.

so how much sense would it make to just "ban" one of the most powerful people in the orders existence? especially when that boy has already shown that he is very resentful and is extremely emotional. are they going to just release him and make him promise hell never use the force again or something?
"Expelled from the Jedi Order" and "expelled from the Force" are two entirely different things. You can be expelled from school, but you still have the ability to learn.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

didnt dooku just leave? he wasnt "expelled" i.e. forced to go he just walked out and disappeared off the face of the galaxy. same with exar kun technically. so i dont think those two situations really count.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:12 AM
Incanus
Istari

Well, actually Kento Marek was a general in the clone wars father of Vaders secret apprenctice..........

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:12 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Incanus
Well, actually Kento Marek was a general in the clone wars father of Vaders secret apprenctice..........
We know. We all know. We're Star Wars nerds.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

but that was several thousand years before the PT. who in the pt can do it? and do they really base their entire justice system off of that? if only one or two people could do it what would happen if something happened to them?

he quoted me saying that Kento Marek lived before PT

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:17 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Re: Re: "you will be EXPELLED from the jedi order!"

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
"Expelled from the Jedi Order" and "expelled from the Force" are two entirely different things. You can be expelled from school, but you still have the ability to learn.

so what does that mean?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:19 AM
Incanus
Istari

I think he means you could join a force cult or the sith and still learn force techniques

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:20 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

right... but that seems detrimental for the jedi. thats like asking for the banned force user to become a dark jedi which is something the jedi want to avoid. expelled from the order means no more light side jedi guidance.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:21 AM
Incanus
Istari

They only did it in a few cases, the Exile (she went to war and cut herself off from the force and became a wound) Jolee (he got married) and Kento (got married and had a son) and his wife who was a jedi to

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:25 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

right... but that seems detrimental for the jedi. thats like asking for the banned force user to become a dark jedi which is something the jedi want to avoid. expelled from the order means no more light side jedi guidance.
That's kind of the problem with the Order. They certainly don't believe in execution, and to them, stripping someone of their connection to the Force is the ultimate punishment reserved for the most extreme cases, like Qel Droma (though his was the act of a single woman, not the Order itself). The most they'd really ever do his imprisonment, but that seems to only be when galactic alw is broken. The Jedi weren't the law, lawmakers, or enforcers even. Just mediators and peacekeepers. As far I can recall or think of, the Jedi held no power to legally imprison someone just because they went against the Code.

Seems pretty dumb really, they must have realized by the PT especially that letting Dark practitioners go free tends to result badly. But hey, that's a cult of liberal hippies for ya.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:26 AM