KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Question about Sidious

Question about Sidious
Started by: Kotor3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kotor3

Question about Sidious

In ROTS when Mace deflected Sidious force lightning attack how was Sidious able to survive since he was not blocking the deflection?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Because he was in the OT and they couldnt kill im in the PT because of the fact then alot of the OT wouldnt have happened..........

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Maybe the same way Maul survived the lightning attack from Mighella.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, if he is killed in a movie, they cant kill him in the EU unless he is like in the comic, a clone. That was a clone, right?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

He was looking for an in-universe explanation I believe.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Simple: Sidious was faking he was dying. In reality, Mace was basically yelling at Anakin to kill Sidious because Windu couldn't hold the lightning much longer.

In theory, if Anakin never showed I believe Mace would have killed Sidious because of his skill with his lightsaber. But, that's IMO anyway.

War Doctor

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've often wondered at the outcome of that encounter if Anakin hadn't been present. Mace defeats Sidious in sabers, but if Sidious had no reason to fake fatigue, then Windu could have wound up choking on more than ozone *innuendo*.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Jul 29th, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I've often wondered at the outcome of hat encounter if Anakin hadn't been present. Mace defeats Sidious is sabers, but if Sidious had no reason to fake fatigue, then Windu could have wound up choking on more than ozone *innuendo*.

lol

Mace's body might have fallen and impaled Sidious anyways.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Maybe the same way Maul survived the lightning attack from Mighella.

That is correct.

Plus he is a Sith.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 06:57 PM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aklis
Evil frickin' Sith Lord

Well, his face gets all wrinkled afterwards, so I'd say that he took some damage from it. He's an ugly arse.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Aklis a Private Message Find more posts by Aklis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

My guess is it takes some time. For example Luke also survives the lightning thrown at him by Sidious.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 08:33 AM
Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

its prolly because of now Sidious looks in ROTJ.. but again maybe I should re watch ROTJ to be sure

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 06:40 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*ApathyIsDeath*

The case with Luke was different. Sidious was torturing him before doing away with him. You really think Sidious, one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history, couldn't kill him if he wanted to?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 07:38 PM
Click here to Send *ApathyIsDeath* a Private Message Find more posts by *ApathyIsDeath* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Actually, I always wanted to know this answer. Did Sidious lose on purpose in order to convert Anakin into the darkside, or did he lose because Mace Windu was just a better fighting(using a saber that is)?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 09:44 PM
Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

The latter.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Actually, I always wanted to know this answer. Did Sidious lose on purpose in order to convert Anakin into the darkside, or did he lose because Mace Windu was just a better fighting(using a saber that is)?
Mace legitimately defeated Sidious in their saber duel thanks to his use of Vaapad and Shatterpoint. But Sidious' display of Force Lightning nearly killed Mace; Mace's lightsaber was bending backwards towards his face so that he was "choking on ozone." Sidious' following complaints of weakness and pleading to Anakin for help were false. He was really counting on Anakin to save him--that look of panic on his face seemed real (and he did come that close to death).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Mace legitimately defeated Sidious in their saber duel thanks to his use of Vaapad and Shatterpoint. But Sidious' display of Force Lightning nearly killed Mace; Mace's lightsaber was bending backwards towards his face so that he was "choking on ozone." Sidious' following complaints of weakness and pleading to Anakin for help were false. He was really counting on Anakin to save him--that look of panic on his face seemed real (and he did come that close to death).

Was it literally bending towards him?? I never seen this.
Any ways, isn't Yoda considered greater then Mace? Yet, Yoda lost and Mace didn't. Didn't the narrator say that besides Yoda there was only one other jedi who might have been able to fight Dooku.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 04:46 AM
Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Was it literally bending towards him?? I never seen this.
Any ways, isn't Yoda considered greater then Mace? Yet, Yoda lost and Mace didn't. Didn't the narrator say that besides Yoda there was only one other jedi who might have been able to fight Dooku.
The novelization stated that Mace's lightsaber was bending backwards from blocking Sidious' lightning. It was so close to his face that Mace was "choking on ozone."

And yeah, Yoda is more powerful than Mace. Mace defeated Sidious in sabers thanks to his immersion in to Vaapad and his use of Shatterpoints, things that Yoda doesn't employ.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 08:01 PM
Uroboros
The Coiled Dragon

Re: Question about Sidious

Originally posted by Kotor3
In ROTS when Mace deflected Sidious force lightning attack how was Sidious able to survive since he was not blocking the deflection?

He had rubber soles? Honestly, who cares?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Uroboros a Private Message Find more posts by Uroboros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

The blade was still straight, but the hilt was being angled back (No one is saying that the blade curved. That would be silly.)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 05:14 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote