KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan strengths

Revan strengths
Started by: Kotor3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kotor3

Revan strengths

The knowledge that we do have of Revan how would you classify him in terms of power and skill?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

There is a reason we call him an unknown...

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

no expression

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

revan = phail.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 11:23 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

For f*ckssake...

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Yeah... Exactly.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

i would like to put one more comment here putting out how unknown Revan is. He is VERY unknown.

In fact, it was quite some time after his star wars invention that it was even concretely established that he was even male. There was someone on KMC, (i dont' remember who) that still called revan "her" even years later, and that was fine, because so little was known about revan, that no one even cared.

so.... Revan's known powers:

"Being male."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:05 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

I think it was Exodus who called him, a her.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:12 AM
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I think it was Exodus who called him, a her.

i knew it was either him or Darth Sexy, but i didn't want to attribute it to the wrong one. thanks.
(lol, Red, that is totally one help from Slash_KMC for me!)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:27 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Hey slash, um... you misplaced a comma. FYI.

See, I can be a helper too! big grin

(Go easy on me. Plz? I've never thrown up this much before.)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I still stand by that actually.

I'm a rebel like that.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 12:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Hey slash, um... you misplaced a comma. FYI.

See, I can be a helper too! big grin

(Go easy on me. Plz? I've never thrown up this much before.)

Well you, didn't ehm, like, use... a... capital letter on my name.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I still stand by that actually.

I'm a rebel like that.

Yes, you're the reason why stuff fails.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 01:35 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Hurtful comments aren't very helpful Slash.

Neph, Revan is canonically male. [Helping by providing information]

It doesn't really matter though, since we shouldn't be using Revan anyway. Feel free to continue using any pronoun for him Revan that you would like to. [Helping by providing support]

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Revan is not a complete unknown. We certainly don't know a lot about the specifics of what he can do, but we do know that he was obviously powerful.

At the very least, defeating Malak on board the Star Forge puts him up there, since according to Drew, Malak was getting a massive boost just being on the Star Forge (email). We also know that Malak is hardly a pushover, considering that Malak was the only other person besides Revan that could keep the Star Forge running without being "devoured" (DS Bastila).

We also know that Revan had a shitton of dark side knowledge that was enough make Bane to crap his pants.

Instead of a complete unknown, Revan is like an outline that hasn't been colored in, we have no specific example of him doing anything, but we do have a moderate sense of where he is on the power scale.

That being said, he's still too much of a mystery to be used in vs fights.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by Autokrat
Revan is not a complete unknown. We certainly don't know a lot about the specifics of what he can do, but we do know that he was obviously powerful.

At the very least, defeating Malak on board the Star Forge puts him up there, since according to Drew, Malak was getting a massive boost just being on the Star Forge (email). We also know that Malak is hardly a pushover, considering that Malak was the only other person besides Revan that could keep the Star Forge running without being "devoured" (DS Bastila).

We also know that Revan had a shitton of dark side knowledge that was enough make Bane to crap his pants.

Instead of a complete unknown, Revan is like an outline that hasn't been colored in, we have no specific example of him doing anything, but we do have a moderate sense of where he is on the power scale.

I was thinking about that this morning: We know a few of his techniques from the Bane novels. The only problem is, we don't know anything about his combat style. We don't know if he used a lightsaber, or if he was a mercenary who never used the force in combat, for example. He could have also been a cloaked sort of character who rarely engaged in combat. He was powerful, we know that, but we don't know if he was any good in combat.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 02:48 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Well, we know that he engaged the one Echani General in H2H, don't we?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:00 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Who?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:02 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Autokrat

We know he defeated Malak, and was standing over him with a lightsaber. But we don't know the specifics of the fight, he may have used mines or grenades. I am sure he's more powerful than Malak, but people may argue he didn't beat him fair and square.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:04 PM
Incanus
Istari

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Who?
Yusanis

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yusanis, yes. We just don't know exactly how or by which specific methods. Same goes for Mandalore, Bandon, Calo Nord, Malak, etc. He was powerful and he was very skilled, we just don't know in which ways.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 06:50 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote