KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Questions concerning Caedus

Questions concerning Caedus
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Questions concerning Caedus

It is a given that Caedus was the second most powerful Sith in SW history. However, his knowledge came from Lumiya who really wasn't a Sith Lady/Lord. If he managed to gain access to any of Sidious's, Bane's, Revan's and some of the other great Sith Lord's teachings, would he have been unstoppable?

War Doctor

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

simply no.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 07:31 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Where is it a given that he is the second most powerful?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 08:31 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, I would have said one of the more ancient sith would.... Maybe even Plageuis....... idk Plageuis is an uknown for know, until they write the book about him.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's strange is that in a lot of the LOTF book in the parts of the book that focus on Caedus, we see that Caedus says that Exar Kun/Palpatine/etc.'s biggest mistakes were that they got too selfish and forgot that their purpose is to serve the galaxy and make it a better place. In other words, he fully believed that what he was doing was right. He also cared a lot about Allana, tried to save Isoldor, and rewarded people who served him well. So really, he's an anti-hero of sorts...from a certain point of view.

He wouldn't have been "unstoppable", but certainly very powerful, although he did say once that he studied the ancient sith, implying that he did have some of their teachings.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

So, if he hadnt done all that good stuff, saving people, rewards, etc. he would have just been a amniac like his grandfather? Anakin thought killing all the jedi was right.

"The sith are evil, Anakin!" "From my point of view the jedi are evil!" "Then you are lost!"

ROTS moive/novel I think, thats my source for that idea.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You failed the first quote.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 04:14 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Where is it a given that he is the second most powerful?

i was waiting for someone to point this out. A thread founded on a fallacy.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 04:17 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some only conclude that caedus is the 2nd strongest. Personally i don't know much of him to give him a placing and i don't care.

Caedus never appealed to me as a true lord of the sith like vader, dooku, sidious, bane and exar etc etc.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 04:35 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
What's strange is that in a lot of the LOTF book in the parts of the book that focus on Caedus, we see that Caedus says that Exar Kun/Palpatine/etc.'s biggest mistakes were that they got too selfish and forgot that their purpose is to serve the galaxy and make it a better place. In other words, he fully believed that what he was doing was right. He also cared a lot about Allana, tried to save Isoldor, and rewarded people who served him well. So really, he's an anti-hero of sorts...from a certain point of view.

He wouldn't have been "unstoppable", but certainly very powerful, although he did say once that he studied the ancient sith, implying that he did have some of their teachings.

Falling to the Dark Side does not make you an anti-hero, it makes you a villain. Anakin thought that what he was doing was right, after all. Doesn't make it okay!

Still don't think Caedus is the second most powerful Sith...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 05:49 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX
Falling to the Dark Side does not make you an anti-hero, it makes you a villain. Anakin thought that what he was doing was right, after all. Doesn't make it okay!

True, but Caedus did do a lot of good things. He had a family that he (gasp!) actually cared about, meaning that he wasn't totallly heartless, was shocked and dismayed after he tortured to death whoever Boba's son/daughter was (forgot name), tried to save Isoldor, stated several times that he didn't want to become a monster like Exar Kun/Palpatine, etc. Of course, he also did things that aren't so noble too, but he wasn't pure evil.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
True, but Caedus did do a lot of good things. He had a family that he (gasp!) actually cared about, meaning that he wasn't totallly heartless, was shocked and dismayed after he tortured to death whoever Boba's son/daughter was (forgot name), tried to save Isoldor, stated several times that he didn't want to become a monster like Exar Kun/Palpatine, etc. Of course, he also did things that aren't so noble too, but he wasn't pure evil.

No he wasnt, but not being 'pure evil' doesn't make him an anti-hero.

A being can have some positive aspects to their character and still be evil.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 11:03 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Caedus is evil cuz he is not good.

Isil

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:59 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And good is dumb.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 06:04 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And good is dumb.

Then why is Luke Skywalker (who is good) still around while all his enemies (who are evil) are dead?

Sounds to me like evil is the dumb one.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 09:30 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

evil are dumb.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 03:11 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Then why is Luke Skywalker (who is good) still around while all his enemies (who are evil) are dead?

... Jesus, man. Come on.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 05:14 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by chilled monkey

Because he hasn't died yet.

Oh wait, he is dead.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Or he is always kidding, or he is always serious. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Because he hasn't died yet.

Oh wait, he is dead.

Not at present. At present he's alive and kicking.

If you're referring to 'Legacy,' that's set in the future.

Besides, considering how many evil beings Luke has defeated, clearly they are the dumb ones since they keep losing.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 06:33 PM