KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Traviss leaves Star Wars!

Traviss leaves Star Wars!
Started by: ares834

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Traviss leaves Star Wars!

The best news I have heard in a while. Thank you Clone Wars!

Enjoy!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 01:44 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Thank the Maker. About time someone put her in her place. If her response is to quit Star Wars, I'm all for it.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 02:20 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

Oh no!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

How will we go on....

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I wanted her to stay.. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 03:41 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

well, does this mean we will never hear about boba fett again?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 04:12 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Hopefully. Him and his 3 million brothers.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

his 3 million brothers that carried on a galaxy-wide conflict.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 04:19 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

I don't wanna read it can someone sum it up for me?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 07:56 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Lazy.

Basically, contradicts in canon from the Clone Wars television show have overwritten whatever it was that Traviss was playing on throwing our way with future books regarding the clones (or something). Instead of rewriting her works to work around whatever ruined her glorious plans, she called it quits.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 10:08 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

That is a shame, I'm sorry to hear that. She wrote some great stuff.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 07:30 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
That is a shame, I'm sorry to hear that. She wrote some great stuff.

yeah she did, i was so waiting to hear about Boba's next great adventures... Now I don't know what I'm gonna do sad sad laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 08:50 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yeah she did, i was so waiting to hear about Boba's next great adventures... Now I don't know what I'm gonna do sad sad laughing laughing laughing

You have my sympathies.

Personally though I don't care about Boba. I liked her stories with Callista. "No Prisoners" was awesome.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 11:14 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

I think he was using sarcasm.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I was chekin gout a review on "Invincible" and actually loled at several parts.

quote:
Caedus ponders "Fett hadn't come after him, either, and if one thing was certain it was that he would find a way of getting him."
This is the one thing that is certain!

quote:
"Nobody had ever jumped her like that before, she hadn't sensed it coming."
Not even the Yuuzhan Vong?! Mandos are so awesome! They can shut down their intentions in the Force better than someone who doesn't even exist in it.

quote:
Lastly, we see that everyone and their pet whisperkit has figured out who killed Mara Jade Skywalker... Except the Jedi of course!Niathal suspects it on page 45. Shevu knows. Fett knew right away. A gossip magazine seems to have put it together, and before that, a random crewperson even knows Jacen killed Mara on page 148!

quote:
"Lovely," she said. "I'll take it as a good sign that none of you (Mandalorians) ever came after us (Jedi)."
The Mandos would have killed the Jedi with ease!

quote:
On page 203 we see more examples of how important the Mandos have become in this heart-warming father/son moment between Luke and Ben:
"Don't get killed, Dad. You know what it did to Fett. I don't want you to end up like him."
Everything is relatable to Fett in one way or another, right?
quote:
Karen Traviss posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see Vader as a tragic character who's been betrayed by everyone, and I can't help thinking of the Jedi as self-serving unelected elitist spoon-benders making whoopee on Republic taxpayers' credits. It's an iconoclastic journo world-view. Believe me, Order 66 was long overdue. I have a couple of Jedi that I don't want to shoot on sight, but they're my own creations, so I could make them a little humbler and more aware of the consequences they create for others.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genocide is just tops, isn't it? What was your guys' favorite part of Order 66? Mine was when the little kids get slaughtered.

And my favorite...
quote:
The Mandos beat the Jedi and Sith at every turn. "Invincible" must be about them!

Last edited by ares834 on Aug 10th, 2009 at 03:31 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 03:20 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I was given this lovely bit of news, I had an immediate erection.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Tsal Can
I think he was using sarcasm.

I know. I was humouring him.

I was totally serious about this part though:-

"Personally though I don't care about Boba. I liked her stories with Callista. "No Prisoners" was awesome."

And to be honest I don't like the PT-era Jedi Order either. That's why I enjoyed "No Prisoners."

Last edited by chilled monkey on Aug 10th, 2009 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 02:52 PM
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by ares834
I was chekin gout a review on "Invincible" and actually loled at several parts.

For the record,Karen Traviss didn't write Invincible.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Now we will never know Boba Fett's real identity; the True Sith.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by chilled monkey
I know. I was humouring him.

I was totally serious about this part though:-

"Personally though I don't care about Boba. I liked her stories with Callista. "No Prisoners" was awesome."

And to be honest I don't like the PT-era Jedi Order either. That's why I enjoyed "No Prisoners."

I knew you were.. Now that she is gone, I hope her replacement is a vast improvement

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 06:52 PM