KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star wars The old republic.

Star wars The old republic.
Started by: Wolverine2179

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star wars The old republic.

Ok this isn't a discussion about the game but i created this thread to find out who would be interested in playing the game.

And if so, would it be a good idea(assuming most of us in the SWV KMC plays this game) to create a guild(or what ever its called) consisting of mostly members from here?

I think that would be fun but if so, who would you choose to be in the old republic game?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 03:27 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

I've also been thinking about this. But I try not to get too excited about it, because it's still soooo far away.

As for classes that are available now? Probably smuggler. I don't like to be the serious guy like a Trooper or a Bounty Hunter. I personally think that the Smuggler dialogue will be much more amusing.

Plus, I prefer the Republic to the Sith Empire (god, whoever was stupid enough to call it the Empire, no points for originality). But I'd rather be neutral as I like neither side too much and Smuggler's aren't as loyal as the Troopers.

"Above all else, Smugglers make their own destinies. Despite their affinity for credits, Smugglers have been known to turn down lucrative opportunities when the clients have demanded too much control."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

The storyline by itself is among the best in the SW universe..If you ignore CONTINUITY. It retcons the True Sith Empire, and is ridiculously similar to the Emperor and the Galactic Empire.. Now the Star Wars writers will have to rewrite ALL of the Star Wars materials stating that their prediction that the sith died out from 3900BBY-2000BBY, was utterly wrong.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did it retcon the true sith empire? Or do you mean it was retcon due to the true sith being consisted of mostly humans?

But what ever it did to the SW timeline i guess its forgivable because the game is going to be awesome(its made by bioware) and very immersive.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 11:45 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
How did it retcon the true sith empire? Or do you mean it was retcon due to the true sith being consisted of mostly humans?

But what ever it did to the SW timeline i guess its forgivable because the game is going to be awesome(its made by bioware) and very immersive.

Originally, the True Sith Empire was considered the descendants of Adas who decided to move out into the Unknown regions, while other sith stayed on Korriban, Ziost, and the rest of Sith Space. The sith that stayed ended up being conquered by the Jedi Exiles. The sith that left thousands of years before the arrive of the Exiles were considered the "True Sith". This was retconned in the new game.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah ok. But i got to admit as exciting as the new game is i am not really that pleased how the true sith appeared to be.

Kreia, goto and sion(i think) made the true sith sound extremely terrifying and intimidating and all what we got was the true sith empire looking very similar to the galactic empire...

I don't know why bioware would screw that part up though considering that they are considered one of the best game developers out there.

but nonetheless i will get this game, what about you?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 01:30 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Part 1 of the SWTOR game stuffs There are 4 parts watch in succession.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 01:35 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

^Watched it a few days ago, that was what made me crave for SWTOR much more than mass effect 2.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 01:43 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Jsut saw it come out today been following it closely since it was announced. Mass effect 2 is still top for me.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 01:56 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mass effect is #2 for me. Used to be #1 until i got more info about tor.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 02:01 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Mass effect is #2 for me. Used to be #1 until i got more info about tor.
Since I'm going to Uni soon it's unadvisable for me to get TOR even though I want it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 02:09 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think its ok if you can manage your time, i doubt the game is going to be as time consuming as FFXI(trust me that game is super time consuming).

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 02:19 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

I think its ok if you can manage your time, i doubt the game is going to be as time consuming as FFXI(trust me that game is super time consuming).
I know, I've played it. Battlefront II Was consuming for me I couldn't put the damn game down.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 02:33 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn you played ffxi too? what job?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 02:34 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Damn you played ffxi too? what job?
Dragoon.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 04:03 AM
xxxpoppunker182

TOR will be sweet but if you guys wanna be in a guild what faction will you be republic or empire.

personally they make the jedi look like pussies so I have to be a jedi just to "take it back" if you catch my meaning.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 04:15 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Is this the online game? I put the trailer on DVD where the ship crashes into the Temple and the ensueing lightsaber battle.

War Doctor

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Is this the online game? I put the trailer on DVD where the ship crashes into the Temple and the ensueing lightsaber battle.
Yes it is. The latest footage is epic.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 05:06 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow they even retconned the tomb of Ajunta Pall. Amazing. Bioware writers....Rendering every other piece of star wars literature completely moot.

Oh Jesus. THEY HAVE GRAND MOFFS. How the **** is George Lucas allowing this crap? This game shits on episodes 4-6.

Last edited by Dr McBeefington on Aug 25th, 2009 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 05:25 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Wow they even retconned the tomb of Ajunta Pall. Amazing. Bioware writers....Rendering every other piece of star wars literature completely moot.

Oh Jesus. THEY HAVE GRAND MOFFS. How the **** is George Lucas allowing this crap? This game shits on episodes 4-6.
Yeh I saw that, I am not happy about it, he even mentioned Tarkin there!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 05:28 AM