KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dynasty of Evil Discussion

Dynasty of Evil Discussion
Started by: Dr McBeefington

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dynasty of Evil Discussion

I won't put up any spoilers just yet, but wondering what you guys thought? I thought it was pretty good, although there were some holes and contradictions and the whole thing felt rushed. Definitely worth the read though.
And whoever said this would be a mind **** to Gideon is right. Darth Bane could have been every single sith lord in his order.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

What role did andeddu play? Was he powerful?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 01:42 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Weltall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BoratBorat
What role did andeddu play? Was he powerful?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: After Bane obtains Andeddu's holocron he originally refuses to give Bane his knowledge, so Bane absorbs his own spirit into the holocron, the two spirits battle, and Bane leaves Andeddu screaming in pain quickly and effortlessly and rips the knowledge out with force. That being said, it is noted that Andeddu had been an extraordinarily powerful Sith Lord, and that he was at his strongest when their spirits did battle.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Weltall a Private Message Find more posts by Weltall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Weltall
Restricted

Account Restricted

As far as what happens at the end of the book:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's left ambiguous as to who won the battle for Zannah's body between Bane and Zannah though it is hinted that it is Bane and that he now resides in her body.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Weltall a Private Message Find more posts by Weltall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't think it's ambiguous. He went into her body and it became a batter of wills. It's pretty obvious that Bane won even though they tried to pull some BS and make people question the entire Rule of Two Legacy and who really was in each body. Personally, I think Bane's ripping the knowledge out of the holocron technique is one that shouldn't exist because it's ridiculous. Instead of spending time learning the holocron he can just rip out the knowledge and if his mind is capable of internalizing everything without exploding, then he's set.

Also, he has some pretty cool new techniques in this one, and Darth Cognus looks to be very powerful. I worry less about Bane and Cognus and more about Set and what he plans to do with the knowledge of Andeddu.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 02:52 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Andeddu is getting beat to death; I'm tired of hearing about him already.

Still need to read it, though. Maybe once I get done with my current book.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:46 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
Andeddu is getting beat to death; I'm tired of hearing about him already.

Still need to read it, though. Maybe once I get done with my current book.

His power is still unknown, although we can say his knowledge is quite extensive. Although this brings up an interesting point. If he knows essence transfer, why didn't he transfer his essence into the many people that found his holocron? And there's a whole in tbe book where he apparently spent all of his time on Prakith, whereas he was originally a sith lord before the Great Hyperspace War and escaped to Prakith. So dunno his history.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:57 PM
ares834

In ROTS when Anakin pulls his saber out on Sidious his left hand clenches and unclenches.... OMG HES BANE!!!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 01:51 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think this twist was pretty retarded. It showed that Bane was a coward and didn't really accept being replaced. Zannah had him beat with her ridiculous sith magic and he just couldn't handle it.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 02:01 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm seems its getting difficult to like bane... hes becoming more and more of a gary stu.

An why is andeddu always getting his ass handed to him? First bane and then a sith pretender.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 03:05 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's tough to tell. Karness Muur, who was older than Andeddu, was one hell of a powerful force and combined with Morne, was more than a challenge for Krayt and 2 of his sith. Andeddu seems to be knowledgable, but lack the necessary combat skills.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 03:18 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I felt they should have wrote the plaguies novel instead of ROT, or written about andeddu when he was alive.

As for revan i'm sure they left out writing him because when we play kotor we actually shape his character so i don't think writing a novel about him was a good idea.

I rather see books about freedon nadd and andeddu when they were alive.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 05:22 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

WTF was up with Zannah's super strong Sorcery at the end? Have we seen that demonstrated any other time?

I thought that it was still Zannah and that she just absorbed some attributes from Bane. I basically just dont see any reason for Bane to have lied had he won.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

**** if I know...
THe force powers in this novel seemed wacked out a life stealing orb, a cacoon of DS energy, the evil tentacles... WTF!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 06:39 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Peculiar... definitely EU mentality, though.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 08:41 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

yeah i was going to say the same thing typical eu.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 08:49 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personally I would rather see a book on Freedon Nadd. It's obvious he was one of the very top dogs and Bane stated that his holocron took around 10 years to learn.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 12:04 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Freedon would be cool, but I presonally like the mystery left open towards the Ancient Sith. Writing a book on him would kill that. It'd probably worth it though. Better him than that Andeddu book they were planning. I'd love it if they'd make more comics from that time period (as long as they scrap the current comic authors. the new comics suck).

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea I agree, I'm glad they're focusing more on the ancient sith than new crap. Then again, the new Star Wars game pretty much contradicts everything we've known about that time period, without any canon authority.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 06:33 PM
ares834

I would like a book about Darth Ruin... That would be awesome.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 02:27 AM