KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Fate of Jedi: Abeloth speculation

Fate of Jedi: Abeloth speculation
Started by: Survivor19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Survivor19

Fate of Jedi: Abeloth speculation

What do you think Abeloth is? What thread does it represent or you think will represent to the galaxy? How do you think it would be stopped?
Discuss.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
\\S//
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Fate of Jedi: Abeloth speculation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Survivor19
What do you think Abeloth is? What thread does it represent or you think will represent to the galaxy? How do you think it would be stopped?
Discuss.

Until Palpatine's death on the Death Star II, Darth Bane's spirit never really died, although it was transformed as it merged with other Sith after his death, Darth Zannah to Darth Plageuis, to Darth Sidious, building in power until the Light Side and the Dark Side became imbalanced with each new generation of Sith. After Palpatine's death, however, the spirits had absolutely nothing to merge with, Luke was too pure of heart and Vader died, and the full nexus of Dark Side energy, power and evil that composed the Dark Soul of Palpatine and gave him so much power was destroyed along with the Dark Empire of Palpatine's.

Maybe the spirits of Sith following in Darth Bane's footsteps found a way back as the Abstract Dark Side Entity that they once were, a Spirit inhabiting Abeloth. Abeloth is just as terribly powerful except she is completely immortal and her body can meet the demands of her awesome power.

Last edited by \\S// on Feb 13th, 2010 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 09:08 PM
Click here to Send \\S// a Private Message Find more posts by \\S// Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: Re: Fate of Jedi: Abeloth speculation

Originally posted by \\S//
Until Palpatine's death on the Death Star II, Darth Bane's spirit never really died, although it was transformed as it merged with other Sith after his death, Darth Zannah to Darth Plageuis, to Darth Sidious, building in power until the Light Side and the Dark Side became imbalanced with each new generation of Sith. After Palpatine's death, however, the spirits had absolutely nothing to merge with, Luke was too pure of heart and Vader died, and the full nexus of Dark Side energy, power and evil that composed the Dark Soul of Palpatine and gave him so much power was destroyed along with the Dark Empire of Palpatine's.

There is absolutley no support for this. Bane's spirit merged only with Zannah's the rest is pure speculation.
quote:
Maybe the spirits of Sith following in Darth Bane's footsteps found a way back as the Abstract Dark Side Entity that they once were, a Spirit inhabiting Abeloth. Abeloth is just as terribly powerful except she is completely immortal and her body can meet the demands of her awesome power.

Doubtful. Heck she may not even have a true body. What we do know is that she is a "nexus of dark–side energy unprecedented in its power and its hunger" meaning she is beyond even Palpatine.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 06:20 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

At the very least her behaviour seems to be different from Palpatine's. Looks like her interest lies in converting force-sensitives to Mind-Drinkers, and playing fun-fun games withSith who happened around.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
\\S//
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Fate of Jedi: Abeloth speculation

Originally posted by ares834
There is absolutley no support for this. Bane's spirit merged only with Zannah's the rest is pure speculation.

Doubtful. Heck she may not even have a true body. What we do know is that she is a "nexus of dark–side energy unprecedented in its power and its hunger" meaning she is beyond even Palpatine.

Abeloth has yet to show any powers that come close to rivaling Palpatine's in Dark Empire, or even Darth Bane or Darth Nihilus' for that matter.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 08:51 PM
Click here to Send \\S// a Private Message Find more posts by \\S// Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

True. But the quote does say she is "unprecedented in its power" meaning she is more powerful than Palpatine.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 09:13 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
True. But the quote does say she is "unprecedented in its power" meaning she is more powerful than Palpatine.

She's a being of pure dark side energy, if I am correct. I really hope they do a backstory with the Celestials.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 02:47 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

My take on the threat of Abeloth is:
She threatens to drive mad/kill/consume force-sensitives, and the more time it goes on, the stronger her call would be, up to thegalaxy-wide falling into insanity of those only marginally sensitive to the Force. Hence, Fate of Jedi.
In the end solution would be to seal her back again. Since she was shown to be contained by the gravitational means, i presume team efforts to rearrange black holes in Maw via TK.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 05:26 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Survivor19
My take on the threat of Abeloth is:
She threatens to drive mad/kill/consume force-sensitives, and the more time it goes on, the stronger her call would be, up to thegalaxy-wide falling into insanity of those only marginally sensitive to the Force. Hence, Fate of Jedi.
In the end solution would be to seal her back again. Since she was shown to be contained by the gravitational means, i presume team efforts to rearrange black holes in Maw via TK.

If the events of Legacy are to be considered canon, then I'm guessing Luke sacrifices himself to destroy this being and the galaxy becomes peaceful for a time. Then again, I don't know what happens to the Solos.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since the back of one of the books outright says that Abeloth is a nexus of dark side energy, she's very likely (at least) on the same tier as the reborn Palpatine, who was described as the exact same thing.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gideon
Since the back of one of the books outright says that Abeloth is a nexus of dark side energy, she's very likely (at least) on the same tier as the reborn Palpatine, who was described as the exact same thing.

You know Gideon, I understand that Palpatine was described as a nexus of dark side energy because he figured out essence transfer, correct? And as far as I remember, Abeloth was so damn powerful that not only did she control an entire planet, but she was at two places at once (That mist thingy in the Maw and with the Lost Sith). It's very likely that we've never seen someone with Abeloth's power before.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 09:06 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was no explanation provided by Palpatine's status as a dark side nexus; since there have been other Sith and dark Jedi who mastered the ability to transfer essence, I doubt that is the reason. More likely is Palpatine's further studies in the dark side while recovering on Byss.

I believe wholeheartedly that Abeloth will eventually manifest as a threat more powerful and dangerous than the Emperor, but what I said was that there are indications that she is, at least, on par with him.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 09:10 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I'm still not convinced she is actually a person. Nyax was a nexus of darkside energy as well. Being one doesn't automatically put abeloth on Sidious level.

Plot twist: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke Falls To The Dark Side and is consumed by Abeloth.

think THAT might change our opinion of how predictable star wars is?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 12:16 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nyax was the beneficiary of a Force nexus, he was not one himself.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 01:00 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

TJ, I highly doubt GL will allow his greatest hero to go out like a *****. However, the only real ending you can have with Luke and possible the Solos that paves the way for Legacy, is Luke saving the galaxy from a galactic threat, and thus sacrificing himself.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 05:11 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
TJ, I highly doubt GL will allow his greatest hero to go out like a *****. However, the only real ending you can have with Luke and possible the Solos that paves the way for Legacy, is Luke saving the galaxy from a galactic threat, and thus sacrificing himself.
Finally, something original for a change.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 10:14 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

Strange. I never though Emperor was a threat because he was a nexus of a dark energy. I thought it was because he was a master manipulator and ax crazy with superweapons...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 05:53 PM