KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Strongest foce user

Strongest foce user
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Strongest foce user

Besides Darth Nihilus (who wasn't even a force user. More of a force monster/ abuser since he was a wound in the force) who is the strongest force user?

Also, do you think they would be strong enough in the force to not be "hit" by DNs force drain?
Perhaps with just force absorb or if possible being just strong enough to ward off force drain from their body and nothing else?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 07:30 AM
Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Strongest in terms of Raw Power, I'd say Starkiller, especially when we see more of him in Unleashed II.

Strongest in terms of potential, maybe Jaden Solo.

Strongest in potential realized, between Luke when he was Master of the Order, and Palpatine.

Strongest overall, Luke.

Strongest in obscure/miscellaneous ares, Cade, the guy can bring people back from the dead.

BTW, what's the Foce?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:10 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

what is your definition of raw power, since you gave all the other designations to others?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:24 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
what is your definition of raw power, since you gave all the other designations to others?

Raw Power, as in, crumpling AT-ST's, electrocuting a huge bull rancor to death, pulling/redirecting a ship from it's orbit, tossing TIE fighters around with ease, releasing a Fore Blast that hurt Palpatine, handing Vader his ass with the Force. Probably surviving getting that ship dropped on him. Generally outstanding displays of raw force energy being tossed around willy nilly. And we'll definitely see more over the top stuff in Unleashed II, that's the whole point of Starkiller, to show how powerful the Force can really be when it's wielded by someone who never holds back.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:40 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Nihilus' Drain is full of speculative holes. Timing primarily. Targets are another. Kills all of Katarr but can't get a Mandalorian strike fleet?

Strongest raw power: Palpatine. The kind of sheer energy needed to create the Force Storm, and to fine-tune to a teleporter is amazing. Marek's got nothin'. Nihilus' raising a fleet out of a gravity well is a second, I'd say. Though, again, not enough details.

Strongest potential: Anakin. Lucas has made that clear.

Strongest Potential realized: Technically, the dustmite that reaches its full potential is strongest. This one's too ambiguous.

Strongest Overall: Palpatine/Luke. Luke's weird though. Fluctuating abilities and all.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

But the Nexus storm wasn't just raw power, it was power mixed with skill. If Starkiller tried to pull it off, it'd either blow up in his face, or it would probably be what Palpatines became when it destabilized and started destroying everything, only on a much larger scale.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:44 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You're right. Palpatine's got amazing raw power and skill.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:46 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by KingD19
Raw Power, as in, crumpling AT-ST's, electrocuting a huge bull rancor to death, pulling/redirecting a ship from it's orbit, tossing TIE fighters around with ease, releasing a Fore Blast that hurt Palpatine, handing Vader his ass with the Force. Probably surviving getting that ship dropped on him. Generally outstanding displays of raw force energy being tossed around willy nilly. And we'll definitely see more over the top stuff in Unleashed II, that's the whole point of Starkiller, to show how powerful the Force can really be when it's wielded by someone who never holds back.

oh,ok. I simply disagree then.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 09:05 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Palpatine.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew Ryan
One Who Chooses

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Nihilus' Drain is full of speculative holes. Timing primarily. Targets are another. Kills all of Katarr but can't get a Mandalorian strike fleet?

To be fair, Nihilus sees the Force in the same manner sight-oriented sentients see bright light. It's the scope that attracts his attention, because he is as Kreia suggests rather detached except for the crusade to feed. Considering he holds his own ship together against the endless vacuum of space and yet still has the ability to move about independently and mind-control sentients, destroy planets full of Force users, etc. I can only conclude that the scope of his powers - however narrow they may seem in comparison with Starkiller - are immense. Only certain Sith have shown such scopes, and usually with rituals or devices aiding them.

quote:
Strongest raw power: Palpatine. The kind of sheer energy needed to create the Force Storm, and to fine-tune to a teleporter is amazing. Marek's got nothin'. Nihilus' raising a fleet out of a gravity well is a second, I'd say. Though, again, not enough details.

I don't follow this. Sidious, while undeniably powerful as of the Dark Empire comics, does not consistently show Force power on the same scope as Nihilus. Also, since he falls under the movie characters' roster and is concluded by Lucas himself to be unable to surpass the Skywalkers in raw potential, I fail to see how he could be the end-all of Force users within the movie rosters.

quote:
Strongest potential: Anakin. Lucas has made that clear.

Just to be clear, Lucas does not even pay attention to the Expanded Universe, so this statement should not be a blanket statement to cover all Star Wars. Anakin has the raw potential to bypass Yoda, who himself could create a seal against space itself in Dark Rendezvous. But this doesn't mean he has the greatest potential in history, or in the future for that matter. Lucas doesn't even make clear what the factors are which affect midi-chlorians.

quote:
Strongest Overall: Palpatine/Luke. Luke's weird though. Fluctuating abilities and all.

Disagreed with both accounts since Nihilus is clearly on another plane, but I'll add that Luke is unjustly weakened in some media and overpowered in others. I wish Lucas had taken steps to prevent the novels from spiraling out of control.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Andrew Ryan a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew Ryan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ I'll take care of this very soon. But first, H3. big grin

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

AR
To be fair, Nihilus sees the Force in the same manner sight-oriented sentients see bright light. It's the scope that attracts his attention, because he is as Kreia suggests rather detached except for the crusade to feed.

According to what reliable source does he perceive the Force in such a manner?

quote:
AR
Considering he holds his own ship together against the endless vacuum of space

Is the Ravager destroyed when Nihilus dies?

quote:
AR
and yet still has the ability to move about independently and mind-control sentients, destroy planets full of Force users, etc.

quote:
AR
I can only conclude that the scope of his powers - however narrow they may seem in comparison with Starkiller - are immense. Only certain Sith have shown such scopes, and usually with rituals or devices aiding them.

Palpatine operates on a magnitude on par and sometimes in excess of what we've seen from Nihilus.

quote:
AR
I don't follow this. Sidious, while undeniably powerful as of the Dark Empire comics, does not consistently show Force power on the same scope as Nihilus.

Of course he does. The Dark Empire Sourcebook makes it clear that Palpatine can use Force Storms to not only disintegrate fleets of warships, but "tear the surfaces off of planets." His manipulation and transformation of the planetary Byss from an otherwise nascent planet into "one of the most powerful dark side sites in the galaxy" (Byss and the Core Worlds) makes it clear that he's not only capable of planetary destruction but also non-destructive manipulation. Not to mention that he enslaved Byss's 20 billion inhabitants to his will.

quote:
AR
Also, since he falls under the movie characters' roster and is concluded by Lucas himself to be unable to surpass the Skywalkers in raw potential, I fail to see how he could be the end-all of Force users within the movie rosters.

If we define "raw power" as midichlorian count or potential, yes, Palpatine falls beneath Anakin and Luke. But in demonstrations of raw strength and ferocious ability, he exceeds both of them (except for a couple of powers used by Luke later in life).

quote:
AR
Just to be clear, Lucas does not even pay attention to the Expanded Universe, so this statement should not be a blanket statement to cover all Star Wars. Anakin has the raw potential to bypass Yoda, who himself could create a seal against space itself in Dark Rendezvous. But this doesn't mean he has the greatest potential in history, or in the future for that matter. Lucas doesn't even make clear what the factors are which affect midi-chlorians.

Anakin has at least the highest midichlorian count in galactic history according to both the Essential Guide to the Force and the Complete Visual Dictionary. That doesn't necessarily indicate the highest potential, of course, unless midichlorians were the only tool for measuring Force potential since the establishment of the Jedi Order.

quote:
AR
Disagreed with both accounts since Nihilus is clearly on another plane,

He's on another plane from most people, but not all.

quote:
AR
but I'll add that Luke is unjustly weakened in some media and overpowered in others. I wish Lucas had taken steps to prevent the novels from spiraling out of control.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Ashoka Tano! big grin

Originally posted by Gideon

Anakin has at least the highest midichlorian count in galactic history according to both the Essential Guide to the Force and the Complete Visual Dictionary. That doesn't necessarily indicate the highest potential, of course, unless midichlorians were the only tool for measuring Force potential since the establishment of the Jedi Order.

Does that include post-Anakin force users? They didn't exactly have midichlorian counters post-old order.

I'd think the other Skywalkers would be fairly close at least.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 09:02 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Diluted though. Anakin's quasi-virginal birth by "the Force" itself would give him a step-up in midi numbers. The generations being diluted by Padme and Han would take it a dip. Not so much Mara though. Why we're expecting great things from Ben.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 09:46 AM
SithAce_1
Sith test pilot

I agree Ben will be the strongest...Anakin is his Grandfather, Luke is his Father, Mara is his Mother, the force itself is his Great Grandfather etc. That being said the original Sith Lords with more info on them would have to be the strongest force users due to the fact they found and developed the "Dark Side". But that is just my opinion.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 02:01 AM
Click here to Send SithAce_1 a Private Message Find more posts by SithAce_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoes

Originally posted by SithAce_1
they found and developed the "Dark Side"

thumb down

Old Post May 1st, 2010 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientSithLord

Gideon:

"Is the Ravager destroyed when Nihilus dies?"

Not instantly, although when exactly it would been destroyed if the bombs hadn't gone off, no one knows.

However, it is explicitly stated Nihilus held the ship together with the Force; the ship should not have existed, yet it still cruised through space. Nihilus kept its crew alive, or rather half-alive, with his power, even though it was exposed to the vacuum of space.

"Palpatine operates on a magnitude on par and sometimes in excess of what we've seen from Nihilus."

You're using faulty logic.

Freedon Nadd used the Force to incapacitate an extremely powerful Jedi Master from lightyears away. Does that mean Nadd could incapacitate every single living being in several star systems simultaneously from across the galaxy? No.

Sidious, ALONG WITH HIS DARK SIDE ADEPTS I might add, gradually leached the life force of the population of Byss. Very gradually - and the people of Byss had already given their will to the Dark Side Adepts and their Master.

Leaching life force to bolster one's power is not unprecedented; heck, even Nihilus' ability to kill an entire world was not unique to him, but Sidious sure didn't have the ability, just as he didn't have the ability to instakill enemies with an assortment of Sith spells, or create talismans that would prevent anyone from harming him without his consent.

Sidious didn't leave of corpses strewn over an entire planet turned to ash in his wake like Nihilus did.

Sorry... I think I just fell in love with those emoticons. laughing

"His manipulation and transformation of the planetary Byss from an otherwise nascent planet into "one of the most powerful dark side sites in the galaxy" (Byss and the Core Worlds) makes it clear that he's not only capable of planetary destruction but also non-destructive manipulation. Not to mention that he enslaved Byss's 20 billion inhabitants to his will."

I would like to add that the Dark Side Adepts were responsible for much of this; it's like how Kaan AND the rest of the Sith Lords created and unleashed the thought bomb. It was not as if Kaan just suddenly decided to kill Ruusan.

Rakatan Temples were also on Byss. I think anyone who has played KOTOR knows what that means... wink

"Anakin has at least the highest midichlorian count in galactic history according to both the Essential Guide to the Force and the Complete Visual Dictionary. That doesn't necessarily indicate the highest potential, of course, unless midichlorians were the only tool for measuring Force potential since the establishment of the Jedi Order."

Agreed.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 09:12 PM
Click here to Send AncientSithLord a Private Message Find more posts by AncientSithLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

before i answer i have a question......since the force unleashed good ending is considered canon....wouldn't star killer be up in the top ranks since he could do things other couldn't?

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 09:37 PM
Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He is definately up there. Top 10-15 imo.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
before i answer i have a question......since the force unleashed good ending is considered canon....wouldn't star killer be up in the top ranks since he could do things other couldn't?
Galen was able to literally rip a Star Destroyer out of the air and force it to the ground (a ridiculously uber TK feat right there) - force lightning was his plaything - he developed farsight after converting to the light side of the force - he shit stomped Vader - and not only did he resist/deflect Palpatine's force lightning with his own force powers, but he was able to advance against said lightning (something not even Yoda managed.) That said, Palpatine likely wasn't bluffing when he remarked on Galen having the potential to equal him.

Anyhow, I agree with a top 10-15 ranking for him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote