KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Do the Tribe outnumber the Jedi?

Do the Tribe outnumber the Jedi?
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do the Tribe outnumber the Jedi?

I mean, they've been around unabated for 5000 years, whereas the Jedi had a purge just 60 or so years ago. Do the Sith actually outnumber the Jedi?

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I don't think it says. Wookiee only lists a handful. The NJO so far have more named members. But consider that their number of 100 was slashed in half by the Yuuzhan Vong War, it's just weird that they would have more.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

wait. 50 Jedi? No, its more than that. In Invincible, 12 jedi masters and 50 Jedi Knights stormed the Anakin Solo. plus Jaina, and Zekk. Plus the Hapan Queen. Plus any padawans or younglings. So definitly more than 50. Seems like some numbers are given in Backslash as well, right? I'm guesssing it wasn't even close to the entire number of jedi that hit the ship, either, plus the other academies.

That was disjointed, but it makes my point.

However, the One Tribe, are an entire planet of force sensitives. I think they do outnumber the Jedi. They have already lost 19 members, and HOW MANY shuttles were present at the end of BackSlash? A lot.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 09:16 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Around 50 as of the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War. LotF begins a decade after that.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

ohkay. Well, do you think then, that the Jedi are outnumbered?

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 12:20 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

By the start of the Legacy comic (pre-Purge/destruction of Ossus at least), the Jedi numbers had risen into the thousands.

Recruiting from a galaxy means Jedi numbers are limited mostly by how fast they can be found and trained.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
By the start of the Legacy comic (pre-Purge/destruction of Ossus at least), the Jedi numbers had risen into the thousands.
Source/quote?

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 07:04 AM
Q99

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Source/quote?

The writer John Ostrander talked about Sith numbers in comparison to the Jedi numbers of the time: ""We haven't come up with a definite number for the Sith but it's certainly over 1,000, probably over 10,000…It's not that they outnumber the Jedi."

So the Sith have certainly over a thousand, and they don't necessarily outnumber the Jedi.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 05:03 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

But that is by Legacy. We are talking about the Legacy of the Force Book series. The Jedi barely have a few hundred.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 06:05 PM
Q99

Originally posted by truejedi
But that is by Legacy. We are talking about the Legacy of the Force Book series. The Jedi barely have a few hundred.

Yea, I'm saying "by that point they'll have that much," knowing the end point is useful data. They need to have enough to reach that point.

A few hundred makes sense to me for the current book timeline.

Last edited by Q99 on May 3rd, 2010 at 06:49 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 06:41 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It took them like 20 years just to get to 100; subtract half and in ten years I doubt they've multiplied several hundred percent.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 07:13 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

It took them like 20 years just to get to 100; subtract half and in ten years I doubt they've multiplied several hundred percent.

On the other hand, the One Sith numbered 20-30 by 40 A.B.Y. 90 years later, they numbered in the thousands. Just saying.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Ten years, not a lot of action, more of the original recruits are now experienced knights at the least and quite a few of them are masters? I can see them doubling or more their number.

The more Jedi you have, the more teachers there are. In the past there was only one, or eventually a few, Masters and thus recruiting had to go through a slim bottleneck. The bottleneck has widened a fair amount so the recruit-to-knight flow increases.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 07:46 PM
truejedi

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
On the other hand, the One Sith numbered 20-30 by 40 A.B.Y. 90 years later, they numbered in the thousands. Just saying.

Where does it say what the One Sith numbered in 40 Aby?

I thought there was a planet full?

Wait... Tribe? is the one sith the one's on korriban? (and I would imagine that was in LOTF?)

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 08:26 PM
Q99

Where does it say what the One Sith numbered in 40 Aby?

I thought there was a planet full?

Wait... Tribe? is the one sith the one's on korriban? (and I would imagine that was in LOTF?)

The One Sith is the one on Korriban, the Tribe's on Kesh.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 08:52 PM
truejedi

yeppers. Are the Tribe featured in the Legacy comics at all?

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 11:51 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

yeppers. Are the Tribe featured in the Legacy comics at all?
I've read them all and unless my memory fails me...No.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post May 4th, 2010 12:19 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

They weren't invented until well into the run, so no, they haven't played a role.

Old Post May 4th, 2010 12:32 AM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Probably they do outnumber the Jedi (in FoTJ). Yet, they have not had to face an enemy like the YV. The Tribe would have suffered tremendous casualties as did the Jedi. Many of the core and experienced knights were KIA like Anakin Solo.

But the Jedi that the Tribe has faced in combat (Luke & Ben), the Tribe lost the engagements suffering irreplaceable losses. Only Gaalan and Vestara have survived. Now if or when they face Jaina, Kyp or Kyle, it's gonna be bad news for the Tribe.

War Doctor

Old Post May 5th, 2010 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It sounds like they don't have as much power as they normally would.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 08:08 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote