KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » light

light
Started by: Dexx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexx
wingless

light

figured this is an appropriate place to post this.
I was REally thiking the other night....when the ships enter hyperspace..lightspeed, whatever. What's the principle?...i know that they're decomposed into wightless particles, fotons and are able to travell lightspeed to the designated location. I fail to explain that tunnel they're going through...well...maybe it has something to do with that space distorsion theory.
And the a gain..what about the term 'light years' measuring distances?....

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I like the way you know how hyperspace in SW works! It's a mad thing with no real logic behind it.

But what about light years used as a distance?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..i was really combining this with real knowledeges....wich can be transponded in the sw universebig grin
The theories of hyperspace are..somewhat..developed.
you know.. x light years away...bla bla

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I know what you meant, I just do not know what you want to know about it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

by my information..light years distance is a distance wich would take years of travelling with light speed. Then how does hyperspace work considering it's travelling with lightspeed at great distances and does not spend years on the way.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 10:27 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hyperspace in Star Wars is faster than light, much faster. Like I say, I have no idea why you are trying to attach any science to it.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 11:46 PM
Dexx
wingless

it's like that solar sailer thing we talked about....i'm trying to find rational explanationsbig grin
And then..there's that theory i've heard again, that no known object travells faster than lightspeed.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2003 05:58 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No object CAN travel faster than Lightspeed. Light speed is actually the speed limit for the universe.

Hence any hyperspace-like thing is normally cheating- e.g. compressing space or using wormholes or whatever. Or going into some freaky dimension where our laws do not apply. Or using the power of the Gods to move you. Or riding on the back of the magic cookies. Each explanation is as good as the other, frankly, as it is all pure fantasy.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 4th, 2003 11:43 AM
Dexx
wingless

hyperspace?...oh...i'm confident it'll be achieved

Old Post Feb 4th, 2003 05:06 PM
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

you people been smokin way to much weed. got any more?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2003 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

You know, I've not heard that "magic cookie" thing until now, but if you think on it enough, THAT actually DOES make sense.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2003 02:32 AM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

wow you think too deeply.....or I don't think deeply enough...or...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 06:50 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote