KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan & Malak - did they meet an ancestor of Jango Fett?

Revan & Malak - did they meet an ancestor of Jango Fett?
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Revan & Malak - did they meet an ancestor of Jango Fett?

Yesterday I was looking through a book that described the Star Wars timeline and it mentioned that Revan fought a Mandalorian named Cassus Fett in the Mandalorian Wars. So, is it possible that Cassus was the first Fett? Not Jango or Boba?

War Doctor

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah he has been confirmed to be Jango's ancestor.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 11:40 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Was he the Mandalore in one of the KOTOR games?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 07:39 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No, that was Canderous. Cassus was presumed dead following the Mandalorian Wars.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 09:08 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Star Wars writers have no sense of scale. Having Cassius Fett be a direct relation to Jango and Boba over 4000 years is insane. I mean, granted, its entirely possible. All of us have direct relations to people 4000 years ago, but I challenge any of you to tell me who your great great great... grandaddy was 4000 years ago, or if the early bronze age chump even had the same last name.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Haha, that's easy.

Adam's my great great great gretat great... really great grandfather, Eve's my really really great grandmother.

Qed foo', qed.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Haha, that's easy.

Adam's my great great great gretat great... really great grandfather, Eve's my really really great grandmother.

Qed foo', qed.

But everyone knows that Adam and Eve were white... eek!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Well my last name is Huggins... so some white meat got tossed up in there somewhere...

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Autokrat
But everyone knows that Adam and Eve were white... eek!

Source plz

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 08:12 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

They've problem met dozens, if not hundreds of ancestors of Jango Fett. Among Mandalorians and elsewhere.

The way time works is if you trace backwards, people's family trees become really huge.

It's hard to know who is who ancestry over such a long period of time (though not impossible with good records. The big holonet crash and similar events may make that tricky though), but the likelyhood of that happening is reasonably high.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 08:27 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SWFan4Life
Source plz

(please log in to view the image)

Good enough for you?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

You sold me, Doc. It's irrefutable now.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 02:08 AM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by Autokrat
Star Wars writers have no sense of scale. Having Cassius Fett be a direct relation to Jango and Boba over 4000 years is insane. I mean, granted, its entirely possible. All of us have direct relations to people 4000 years ago, but I challenge any of you to tell me who your great great great... grandaddy was 4000 years ago, or if the early bronze age chump even had the same last name.

The writers can do that because they are the ones who create the things in the Star Wars universe. If I create a story and identify the main character as being related to someone thousands of years ago then thats just the way it is.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

If the entire Fett line is Inbred that would explain alot and ofcourse due to Bacta the typical recessive and degenerative genes/qualities, may not be passed down.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 08:20 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Its just weird that their names were still Fett. THAT doesn't happen over 4000 years.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:50 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by truejedi
Its just weird that their names were still Fett. THAT doesn't happen over 4000 years.

Quite possibly it's an incredibly common Mandalorian name (It's like Kim or Lee in Korea). Or it was even dropped at some point then brought back during some mandalorian revival. Or at some point Jango's clan took the name of an old Mandalorian clan who happened to include his ancestors because he heard there was a link.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Over 4000 years? Bullpucky. Boba's daughter and granddaughter don't have it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

lol, this is exactly true. this bloodline with a shared name has lasted 4000 years, but Boba Fett, the first one we saw, is the last one.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 04:26 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

But they could've just re-adopted it at some point after losing it. Like, "We need to get ourselves more respect again! Someone dig through the history books, find a badass legendary Mandalorian who may be related to us! Yea, 'Fett', that sounds cool. Ok, from this day forth the 'Nnawbuut' family will go back to the historic name of 'Fett!' " -Boba's great grandmother.

It doesn't have to be "they kept the name through all the generations."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 08:43 PM
SithAce_1
Sith test pilot

In 2066 my last name will be a 1000 years old! And our records are not as technically advanced as the records in Star Wars. It is possible for SW people to date back that long ago. Their ability to travel around the galaxy is at least 25,000 years old proving how far advanced they are. Anyway thats just a sample of what they could have done IMHO.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 08:45 PM
Click here to Send SithAce_1 a Private Message Find more posts by SithAce_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote