KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Most incredible show of strength using the force?

Most incredible show of strength using the force?
Started by: akpwnz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
akpwnz
Master Troll

Most incredible show of strength using the force?

Has any sith lord or Jedi done anything like when Bane pulled the moon out of orbit? I know that Anakin Solo basically started to glow as the force scorched through his cells in the Vong battle.

Any others that stand out? ie: Nightsister using mind control on Rancors etc

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 12:49 AM
Click here to Send akpwnz a Private Message Find more posts by akpwnz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Luke lifted a rock once in ESB.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
akpwnz
Master Troll

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Barely

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 01:02 AM
Click here to Send akpwnz a Private Message Find more posts by akpwnz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Bane never moved a moon. He only thought about doing it...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 01:04 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Luke planting himself to the floor in such a way that even the great black hole at the center of the galaxy could have moved him.

some[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Gideondisagree with me.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 01:38 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Palpatine created a wormhole at warp factor 5 that obliterated a fleet and could ravage a world's surface.

Nihilus' Giga Drain.

Zett Jukasa's wicked sweet flip.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 01:18 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Old triology: Yoda lifts Luke's X-wing

New triology: Yoda stops a falling steel pillar/falling senade pod

EU: There are tons of overpowerment. After seeing Yoda manipulating 2 C-9979 anything becomes possible...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 04:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Bane obviously never moved a moon out of orbit. Re-read the book.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 04:32 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

tj
Luke planting himself to the floor in such a way that even the great black hole at the center of the galaxy could have moved him.

some[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Gideondisagree with me.

Because if it weren't a product of exaggeration or hyperbole, an older, more experienced, and quite possibly more powerful Luke Skywalker would not have been thrown back or struggled with the Hidden One's display of telekinesis or the Sith Sabre on Dathomir. Or, assuming it's entirely canon, then it is much more likely the result of a ritual or technique, since it is obvious that Luke clearly could not summon such strength on the fly (which would also support Luke's claims of "needing strength, not power" in his discussion with Jacen prior to his rematch with UnuThul).

In terms of raw strength, Palpatine's Force Storm is likely the greatest demonstration of raw power in the mythos, since they could be summoned with "mere thought or inclination."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
r, assuming it's entirely canon, then it is much more likely the result of a ritual or technique, since it is obvious that Luke clearly could not summon such strength on the fly

Could we see the quote in context, please? I've lost my link to Russia.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

A flurry of cannon bolts zipped past Luke from behind and took out three insects. Raynar pointed at the attacking droids. A muffled thump erupted inside one of them, and it went down in a sizzling, popping crash of laminanium. Luke killed the last of Raynar's bodyguards by Force-slamming them into the wall so hard their thoraxes burst, then the two Jedi were on one another, their lightsabers flashing toward each other's heads with all the speed and might they could summon.

That was the trouble with powerful men-especially younger ones. Awed by their own strength, they so often believed strength was the answer to every problem. Luke was older and wiser. While Raynar swung, he pivoted.

As Raynar's gold blade sliced the air where Luke's head had been, Luke's boot was kicking him behind the ankles, knocking his legs out from under him and stretching him out flat.

But Raynar was a Jedi, and all Jedi were quick. He caught himself in the Force, levitating himself just long enough to bring his golden blade sweeping in at Luke's shoulder.

Luke had no choice but to block with his blade, and no place to block but the forearm. Raynar's lightsaber went spinning off, still securely in the grasp of his three-fingered hand, and caught one of Luke's bugcrunchers squarely in the back. The weapon sliced through six centimeters of laminanium armor before the severed forearm flew free. The blade deactivated, and the hilt disappeared into the tangle of death and destruction at the droid's feet.

The pain of losing an arm might have forced a common Jedi to stop fighting, but Raynar was no common Jedi. He had the Force potential of the Colony to draw on, and he did that now, swinging his remaining hand up to hurl Luke down the corridor as he had done before.

But this time, Luke was ready. He placed his own hand in front of Raynar's and rooted himself in the heart of the Force, and when he did that, he became the very essence of the immovable object. Nothing could dislodge him-not one of Lando's asteroid tuggers, not the Megador's sixteen ion engines, not the black hole at the center of the galaxy itself.

Luke stood that way, waiting, dimly aware that his surviving bugcrunchers were moving into defensive positions, one at his back and the other just inside the burst hatch. Raynar continued to struggle, trying to hurl Luke down the corridor, trying to move him a single centimeter.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Luke thumbed off his lightsaber and rolled away sideways, watching in alarm as her long blade slashed past his head just a centimeter from his visor. He rolled once more and saw vapor billowing from the abdomen of Lomi Plo's pressure carapace, then brought his feet up over his head . . . and found himself hanging upside down, caught in a net of golden Force energy.

Luke knew what was coming next: the Myrkr strike team had described how Lomi Plo had used a similar net to dice a Yuuzhan Vong captor into bits. Luke began to push out with the Force, stopping the net from constricting any further and slicing through this vac suit. But he was not strong enough to break the attack outright. Cilghal's Dazer had cut Lomi Plo off from the collective mind of the Gorog, but not from the Force. She could still draw on her nest to enhance her Force potential, and as strong as Luke was, he was not strong enough to overpower an entire nest of Killiks.
"

^ That came from earlier in the novel from the Russian website. So to be unable to overpower a mere nest of Killiks and eventually go on to apparently render himself unmovable to the entire Colony, one can assume that such strength is not readily available to Luke at any given moment without preparation.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

I'm going to re-interpret that scene and say he moved all of Dagobah except for one rock smile

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 11:31 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Q99
I'm going to re-interpret that scene and say he moved all of Dagobah except for one rock smile

He did do that... But then Yoda didn't think that was good enough, so he moved the entire universe except the X-wing.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Yoda lift a whole ship and in the newer ones threw stuff at the Empire while they are fighting.I think the Sith has better advedges.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 02:33 PM
Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

While not a combat feat, Revan's ripping out the Rakatan language and implating basic in the Rakatan's minds is a very impressive.

Last edited by ares834 on Aug 28th, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2010 12:28 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Hmm Kyp Durron retreiving the Sun Crusher from within Yavin 4 was pretty impressive. Not sure if i remember it correctly or if Exar kun was helping him tho.

Long time since I read it and those books by Kevin J Andersson were pretty shitty anyway. Someone shoot him before he can spew more garbage in the Dune universe too.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Mshinu
Hmm Kyp Durron retreiving the Sun Crusher from within Yavin 4 was pretty impressive. Not sure if i remember it correctly or if Exar kun was helping him tho.

Long time since I read it and those books by Kevin J Andersson were pretty shitty anyway. Someone shoot him before he can spew more garbage in the Dune universe too.
Yes Kun helped him.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 03:15 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think it has to go to either Sidious' Force storm or Nyax's drain. Those are both pretty out there.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I always found the thought bomb impressive...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thought_bomb

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote