KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New Trilogy

New Trilogy
Started by: CaedusRules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaedusRules

New Trilogy

I'm sure most of you have heard GL is considering doing an new Trilogy. If you need the source go to the esp 4,5,6 thread. I just wanted to ask you what you would realistically like the trilogy to be based on. By realistically I mean something that can be done.

For example, I would like to see 1 of 3 things.

1) I would love to see the Thrawn Trilogy done, but it would have to be CGI and have all the actors voices... However you run the risk of upsetting the original trilogy die-hards like the new trilogy did.

2) A trilogy based off the KOTOR games, showing the rise and fall of Revan and Malek.

3) The one that I would really love to see is a Darth Bane Trilogy. Not only would it be completely seperate from the original trilogy, but it would be a completely different perspective for all the non-EU fans to enjoy. Seeing the Universe through the eyes of the Sith. I think Bane could be one of the bad guys you grow up loving like Scarface, or Michael Corleone. Oh man I hope its a Drath Bane Trilogy.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 09:29 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The Darth Bane Trilogy? **** no.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 09:43 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

Are you kidding me, Bane would be an awesome movie... Especially the first book. Bane youth, then action as a soldure, then sith academy, the wars, and an epic fight scene, and thought bomb.. ending with him finding Rain.. perfect cliff hanger.... awesome.

Second movie, the armor, Zannah killing in the shuttle, and training on Ambria.... the infiltrating the jedi, fighting the masters battle scene, removal of the armor, and Zannah killing the healer and fooling the Jedi... what a great ending... Suprise ending almost cause it looks like she turns him in.

Third movie, the deception between Bne and Zannah, training of new apprentaces, search for importal life. A failed attemt to kill, and an end leaving question to who the victor is.... Classic... it would be great.

And even though he is black you have Michael Clark Duncan play Bane....

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 10:57 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Bane novels were average stories, at best. I'd hate to see movies wasted on them. The only Star Wars media that would best fit a film would be the first KotOR game, and I use the word "best" loosely. There is nothing in Star Wars that would make a good movie.

Oh and Ush posted this. Apparently you missed it.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010...r-wars-trilogy/

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Oct 28th, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Personally I think they would make for good movies, at least the way CR puts it. Kotor would be too long to make into a movie. Too long, too much plot, too many characters. You'd need like 2-3 movies for it imo.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Umm... APparently you missed the title. You know the thing that says "New Trilogy". stick out tongue I can just imagen seeing Darth Bandon on the big screen.

Also, of course Lucasfilm will say they aren't planning anything... But it doesn't mean they aren't.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 11:50 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
I can just imagen seeing Darth Bandon on the big screen.

thumb up

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 12:36 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Atlast we get the long awaited Sequel Trilogy.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 09:00 AM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Long awaited? No, I'm not waiting to be disappointed again.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 12:44 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Long awaited? No, I'm not waiting to be disappointed again.

See exactly why they should just have a stand alone trilogy, and I prefer a new perspective, seeing the universe throught he eyes of the sith.

And make Peter Jackson the director/co-producer.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:50 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not sure if i even believe this just yet.. besides i'd love to see the NJO on screen

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 06:50 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
not sure if i even believe this just yet.. besides i'd love to see the NJO on screen

I doubt they would do anything EU past Thrawn. It would be just too hard to explian to casual fans..

A long time ago in a galaxy far far way....

Leia and Han get married, Luke gets maried to the woman that tired to kill him, Leia and Han have twins, Guess what they are Jedi too. Leia really struggles with guilt over he father, but forgives him and names thier third child anakin. Oh btw in this time Leia becomes head of state of the newly reformed Republic, but alas she get booted out.. But before that happens luke starts the Jedi Order. And now where there was 1 jedi left, there are hunderds. And now here is your movie, that will never live up to the expectation of the traditional trilogy fans, and disapoint the EU fans.....

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 09:56 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by CaedusRules
I doubt they would do anything EU past Thrawn. It would be just too hard to explian to casual fans..

A long time ago in a galaxy far far way....

Leia and Han get married, Luke gets maried to the woman that tired to kill him, Leia and Han have twins, Guess what they are Jedi too. Leia really struggles with guilt over he father, but forgives him and names thier third child anakin. Oh btw in this time Leia becomes head of state of the newly reformed Republic, but alas she get booted out.. But before that happens luke starts the Jedi Order. And now where there was 1 jedi left, there are hunderds. And now here is your movie, that will never live up to the expectation of the traditional trilogy fans, and disapoint the EU fans.....

another thing is also will people want to see a bunch of 60ish actors/actresses

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 11:46 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Lucas will never make a series of movies about someone else's story. Any post-RotJ movie he may possibly make will be something entirely new that will render the large majority of EU works officially non-canon.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

I'd like to seen an entire reboot of the entire SW mythos - ala the 2009 Star Trek movie reboot. Lucas has done so much to ***k up a good thing.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 03:09 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Lucas will never make a series of movies about someone else's story. Any post-RotJ movie he may possibly make will be something entirely new that will render the large majority of EU works officially non-canon.

Yeah, I can easily see Lucas making Leia and Chewbacca a married couple with lots of cute Wookie babies while R2-D2 becomes the new Sith Lord, betrays C-3PO and concludes with them having an epic battle with awesome cgi effects. IN 3D.

And then somehow finds a way to make it go along with current EU Canon so nothing actually gets changed but just added.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Gotta be honest, I'd watch those movies.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 03:45 AM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

I wonder how far Lucas has patented his characters and settings...

I could make my own reboot of Star Wars, I just have to change the names and certain appearances.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 10:54 AM
CaedusRules

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I wonder how far Lucas has patented his characters and settings...

I could make my own reboot of Star Wars, I just have to change the names and certain appearances.

Duke Skycrawler
Stan Bolo
Lea Organic
Darth Bader
Stewbocca... aka Stewie
R-U4ME
IC-UP2
Yo'bra
Obi'Trice Ken'Dobe
Landon Calprissyian
Darth Sillious

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 06:22 PM