KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Opinion - TFU II Galen Marek is not a Clone

Opinion - TFU II Galen Marek is not a Clone
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Opinion - TFU II Galen Marek is not a Clone

Just finished playing TFU II and throughout the game, Galen believes he is a clone. However, in my personal opinion he is not. Why? For a few reasons:

Reason 1: It seems to me he is suffering from a type of Jason Bourne affect. A traumatic event happened and Galen lost his memory. That event was when he opened himself to the Force when he 'sacrificed' himself for the Rebellion. Vader took the 'corpse' and sent it to Kamino to manipulate Galen into believing he [Galen] was a clone.

Reason 2: Galen began to slowly regain his memories. If he was a clone, then he would not have any memory of his past life. And, the 'clones' that Vader made were failures. This was a decade after the Clone Wars and cloning technology was not a perfect science. Examples are Luuke Skywalker and Joruus C'boath.

Reason 3: Galen was just simply too powerful to throw away. Why waste over 15+ years of formal training?

Reason 4: He let Vader live. He had the chance twice to kill Vader - once in TFU I and in TFU II. It doesn't add up.

So, that's my humblle opinion. What are yours?

War Doctor

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No he is a clone. You see the originals dead body in one of the secret cutscenes. What is intresting is he is not wearing the Jedi Adventure Robe, but is wearing what he wore when Vader stabbed him and threw him into outer space. Which more or less confirms the theory that you play as Starkiller's clone in the second half of the first game.

Also not all of the clone were failures check the dark side ending.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 08:02 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Dark Side ending is probably non-canon.

And yay on my theory!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sure. But those secret cutscenes are about the perfected clone that makes his apperance in the Dark Side ending, so the character is canon.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 10:05 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Opinion - TFU II Galen Marek is not a Clone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Reason 1: It seems to me he is suffering from a type of Jason Bourne affect. A traumatic event happened and Galen lost his memory. That event was when he opened himself to the Force when he 'sacrificed' himself for the Rebellion. Vader took the 'corpse' and sent it to Kamino to manipulate Galen into believing he [Galen] was a clone.
Possible.

Reason 2: Galen began to slowly regain his memories. If he was a clone, then he would not have any memory of his past life. And, the 'clones' that Vader made were failures. This was a decade after the Clone Wars and cloning technology was not a perfect science. Examples are Luuke Skywalker and Joruus C'boath.
Recent Star Wars projects have made it abundantly clear that the EU of the past is largely irrelevant. The future is now. And it's making money. To hell with continuity.

Reason 3: Galen was just simply too powerful to throw away. Why waste over 15+ years of formal training?
It would be a waste. No better reason to clone him and make him obedient this time.

Reason 4: He let Vader live. He had the chance twice to kill Vader - once in TFU I and in TFU II. It doesn't add up.
I don't know what math you studied, or what Star Wars you're in to, but if he killed Vader, even by accident--we don't get the OT. PIS will be activated to protect Vader each and every time they fight. Anything else won't add up.

P.S. TFU II f*cking sucked.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 06:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

How bad was TFU II Lucien? Almost 1k'd Fable 3 so tempted to trade it in for TFU 2.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 09:43 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by mattatom
How bad was TFU II Lucien? Almost 1k'd Fable 3 so tempted to trade it in for TFU 2.
Depends on how you want to look at it: As a video-game player, it was a decent hack-and-slash with an "OK" story, with some cool powers, but it became quickly tedious and formulaic and was over in about 4-5 hours.

As a Star Wars fan, it was a f*cking abomination. The premise of the story was shoddy and hackneyed, the characters transparent and boring, the "cameos" of Boba Fett an Yoda utterly useless, and the canonical ending completely ridiculous on every level. As a Star Wars story, it blowed.

And from what I've seen/been described to, Fable 3 shaped up to be a bigger disappointment than Fable 2. No appearance modification, stupid leveling system, easy gold, pointless class-customization, half a game map that isn't filled in (Fallout: New Vegas-style right there), pointless and irksome pause menu, and that f*cking dog.

But I still wouldn't suggest trading it in for TFU II. I can't stress enough how short and worthless that game is. Wait a year and Walmart will have it for $10 in the bargain bin and Fable 3 will still be $39.99 behind the glass case.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 09:55 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Personally i preferred Fable 3 to Fable 2. The dog was stil there. That pissed me off. The appearence mods didn't bother me. I preferred the levelling system in 3 to 1 and 2. Purely because it's easier. Gold is easy if you buy properties early which I didn't as a result I had to scrape every cent to have the pure good ending, that was a challenge. The weapon challenges were a neat idea I thought (Unmissed achievement for like fully upgrading so many weapons(or atleast one range and one melee)). Cut them a break on the game map, they've said in the past they specifically don't want a completely free roam game, takes out the feel of the Fable feel, (Oblivion-esque else). Pause menu I liked, allowed more freedom and could compare and contrast outfits.

I may just buy TFU then. Or trade in Fable 3 for New Vegas, Brotherhood, or the F1 Game.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 10:28 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Personally i preferred Fable 3 to Fable 2. The dog was stil there. That pissed me off. The appearence mods didn't bother me. I preferred the levelling system in 3 to 1 and 2. Purely because it's easier. Gold is easy if you buy properties early which I didn't as a result I had to scrape every cent to have the pure good ending, that was a challenge. The weapon challenges were a neat idea I thought (Unmissed achievement for like fully upgrading so many weapons(or atleast one range and one melee)). Cut them a break on the game map, they've said in the past they specifically don't want a completely free roam game, takes out the feel of the Fable feel, (Oblivion-esque else). Pause menu I liked, allowed more freedom and could compare and contrast outfits.
Appearance always drew me back to Fable; I liked it when your character aged, got taller, more muscular, scarred, had runes covering him, was blond or black-haired. Actually made you think about your choice of combat, it made you block and dodge and worry about excessive magic. I HATE that it's so easy now. So casualized. They basically hand you everything on a silver platter. The only way to get a scar is if you die AND don't have a Resurrection Phial. And if you do scar? Don't worry about it, spend some gold and remove it! You can make a fortune early in the game just by doing the jobs--literally a fortune. And why show us a huge map, but half of it's water or somewhere you can't go? Lionhead and Molyneux just can't think of enough ways to make progressively easier (and worse) games. The complete lack of cutscenes in Fable 2 pissed me off to no end too--they sorta fixed that?

I may just buy TFU then. Or trade in Fable 3 for New Vegas, Brotherhood, or the F1 Game.
I suggest Fallout. Thus far it's the one game that's actually been good. Good good, not "tolerable" good.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 10:38 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

The depressing thing is I can't remember where they wrote it but they have already confirmed Fable IV and since the games are getting progressively worse and more into the future whats next modern day fable which plays like the first Quake?

Tempting, I enjoyed Fallout 3 afterall. Though i do still need to go back to it -.-.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 10:46 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Great thing is, you don't need to play 3 to get through New Vegas. They're quite unrelated. NV's got a less... apocalypse-based story though.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 10:55 AM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Sorry guys if I seem to ramble on right now cause I'm badly hungover. Drank too many depth charges and shots of Black Bush Irish Whiskey last night to write coherently.

Galen would have to be in the animus to remember his past life - his blood memories like in Assassins Creed. When I go to MMA fights and sometimes the fighters get knocked out, they don't remember a thing. In psychology, I can't remember the term for it, but the brain does block traumatic events in order to protect itself from harm. I'm not a shrink, but I do believe was not a clone. Vader just manipulated him into believing he was a clone.

When Palpatine was a 'clone' he simply transfered his essence into another body - kinda like Exar Kun's spirit when he took over Kyp. But no about Starkiller. There is something known as selective behavior modification and that's what I think Vader attempted.

War Doctor

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NCRotCA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by
mattatom: 5.5

Or play games that are actually good.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 05:31 PM
Click here to Send NCRotCA a Private Message Find more posts by NCRotCA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by NCRotCA
Or play games that are actually good.
Surely good is subjective and depends on the individual?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 12:55 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nope! Not about games!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 12:57 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nope! Not about games!
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: ass

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 12:59 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes please.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 01:01 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes please.
See beefy for that.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 01:01 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Sorry guys if I seem to ramble on right now cause I'm badly hungover. Drank too many depth charges and shots of Black Bush Irish Whiskey last night to write coherently.

Galen would have to be in the animus to remember his past life - his blood memories like in Assassins Creed. When I go to MMA fights and sometimes the fighters get knocked out, they don't remember a thing. In psychology, I can't remember the term for it, but the brain does block traumatic events in order to protect itself from harm. I'm not a shrink, but I do believe was not a clone. Vader just manipulated him into believing he was a clone.

When Palpatine was a 'clone' he simply transfered his essence into another body - kinda like Exar Kun's spirit when he took over Kyp. But no about Starkiller. There is something known as selective behavior modification and that's what I think Vader attempted.
Are you applying real world biological science to Star Wars? C'mon, you know better.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 03:46 AM
ares834

Fable 3 is infinitely better than TFU 2.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 04:08 AM