KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Vortex

Star Wars: Vortex
Started by: Dr McBeefington

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars: Vortex

Anyone picked it up yet? I'm about 100 pages in it and so far I'm impressed. It's very exciting.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Gay.

What is it? A comic?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fate of the Jedi. New book.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

out already? i'll have to get on that soon.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 06:08 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ben222

I have finished this book.
If you want spoilers, tell me.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 07:29 PM
Click here to Send ben222 a Private Message Find more posts by ben222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I would like some ssspoilers please.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ben222
I have finished this book.
If you want spoilers, tell me.

Wait a few hours I'm almost done.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 08:14 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh now you have to do it just to spite him. Quick post teh spoilerz! >:]

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ben222

b

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 09:30 PM
Click here to Send ben222 a Private Message Find more posts by ben222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ben222

v

Last edited by ben222 on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 09:35 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 09:33 PM
Lucius
Unknown

I saw this book in the store and was like WTF no. LucasArts is out of their minds if they expect me to pay more than like eighteen bucks.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good read. Probably the most exciting book in the FOTJ series. But at the end it looks like they just keep going in circles from one book to the next, trying to figure out how to end it. Also, Abeloth is a damn BEAST.. No force user in the SW mythos is even close to her level.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 01:10 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

OoO

Really? What does she do that puts her above Luke, Palps and co?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 11:12 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
OoO

Really? What does she do that puts her above Luke, Palps and co?

Read about it. She's miles ahead human force users. She may be a Celestial, Fallanassi, both, or neither.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 01:48 PM
NCRotCA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would somebody be able to post spoilers for somebody who doesn't plan on reading it?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f53/t542734.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f53/t542735.html

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 05:14 AM
Click here to Send NCRotCA a Private Message Find more posts by NCRotCA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NCRotCA
Would somebody be able to post spoilers for somebody who doesn't plan on reading it?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke almost dies fighting Abeloth. She's infinitely powerful and manifests herself in multiple bodies, as if she's force energy. She infects the leader of the Fallanassi and Luke is forced to kill her. Taalon goes into the Pool of Knowledge and begins some kind of weird transformation. When they're fighting Abeloth, it's as if Taalon becomes a servant of Abeloth because he wants to know what's happening to him. Abeloth tells him if he kills the Skywalkers, she'll tell him what's happening and he obliges. At that moment Vestara kills Taalon and helps the Skywalkers escape. Also, Saba ends up killing Kenth Hamner because the Jedi decide enough is enough and fight back. They end up stealing back the Horn kids and at the end, both the Horns have that force psychosis again, indicating Abeloth is at her peak.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 05:22 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well she can't be that powerful if she's having this much trouble killing Luke.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 12:17 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Well she can't be that powerful if she's having this much trouble killing Luke.

I'm not sure she is. I think she wants to keep him alive, or she's arrogant and she's just not trying, but Luke hasn't fought someone with this power before, nobody has. He kills one body, she comes back in another. She screams as if there are 12 voices. She constantly changes shapes.. It's ridiculous.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 03:10 PM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Sidious maybe? Maybe Revan can take her? She definitely hasn't faced someone with the power those two wielded. I really really despise the character of Abeloth. They're trying to make her to be a Medusa type being. Bleh.

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Revan isn't an extraordinary fighter though, so I'm not really sure why you'd even list him. I don't think blasters and gas mines will do anything to Abeloth.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote