KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » My Opnion of the whole light side darkside thing and yoda

My Opnion of the whole light side darkside thing and yoda
Started by: darth radon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darth radon
naga sadow jr.

My Opnion of the whole light side darkside thing and yoda

So i know you all believe in the light side dark side thing but think about it.take yoda,he was a 'master' for about 896 years ,but besides his faets we ? his power,along with darh sid..so ive meditated on this ? and found what i call the answer.Ive all ways admired ventress she was so wity,sly an intellegent. she stated that so called 'jedi' are not an the whole light side dark side thing is just differnt classes of POTEINTAL of the force and that the Light siders are just so arrogant that they are blind.so therfore yoda stoped growing more powerful because he had not reached his ful poteintal and that the dark siders power just keeps growing states LUKE SKYWALKER him self. smokin' alien Happy Dance angel beer reading

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 01:14 AM
Click here to Send darth radon a Private Message Find more posts by darth radon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

1.) I doubt Yoda was a Jedi Master literally his entire life.
2.) Learn some effin' grammar.
3.) Excessive use of smilies aren't cool.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 05:27 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

I would like to address this in terms of my favorite MMORPG, WOW. If you think about Lightside powers, vs. Dark Side powers in terms of talent trees it might help.

Lets say your force potential is 81... and you can place those talents into 2 trees. LIGHT or DARK. They both use the force, but in different ways. If you put all your points into Light Side then you will be a Master of the Light, and same with darkside. However if you mix the points evenly in lightside and darkside then you will be a master of neither, though you will have a broader range of abilities.

Now for the universal question which one of the three is better? And my answer would be, it depends on what your trying to do. If you want to be a leader of an army, or prevayor of justice I would say the Light side is best for it's ability to think clearly, use insight to shape plans, and general stratigies. If you want to be leader of the galaxy then the Dark side is better becasue it uses trickery, force, ambition, and power to force your way to the top. However, if you dont want to bother with political, or social issues then a mix of both would be best. Maybe a smuggler or bounty hunter that could use a little of both skills, but has no need for the full power of the sith, or insight and peace of the jedi.

Then the next question is always who would win 1-on-1 fights... Well again lets use an example.. How about ultimate fighting... UFC. The sith will be Puncher.. they use thier power to overwhelm opponents. Jedi will be Grapplers, they use plans, and strategy to get thier opponent into a position that they cant win. And a hybrid will be just that a hybid of both.

The Punchers have the more devistating battles, more blood, more KO's. A puncher can win the fight with just 1 punch, or could be losing a fight, but turn the fight around with 1 punch. However its the grapplers job to take the other fighter out of his game, take him to the ground where his power istn a strong, then wear him down, and make him submit. The hybrid would be able to do both, but not as well as the other. Against a jedi/grappler the hybrid would be no match in grappling, and against the sith/puncher he wouldnt last standing toe to toe.

Well I'm sure no-one will read this whole thing, and if they do they will find faults with it, but I had fun writing it anyway smile

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 07:37 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Guild Wars>

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Runescape>

I'm kidding, I don't play that.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

The dark side isn't stronger. Just more attractive. Yoda knew well enough not to go down the dark path.

Dooku was scared sh*tless in DRV when he imagined how Yoda would have been, if he had turned to the dark side. It has nothing to do with potential.

[sarcasm]Nice try though[/sarcasm]

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Too painful to read.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth radon
naga sadow jr.

Did any of you even take into consideration that some of this might exsplain some of the things in sw. Most of u are just being @$$-holes.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2010 06:46 PM
Click here to Send darth radon a Private Message Find more posts by darth radon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darth radon
Did any of you even take into consideration that some of this might exsplain some of the things in sw. Most of u are just being @$$-holes.
Did you take in to consideration that some of us didn't read it/don't remember what you wrote? Also that your piss-poor grammar makes some people not want to read it? Or that your opinion on a fictional magic is largely pointless and wouldn't change anything within said fiction anyways?

Also, yeah, we're assholes.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 05:11 AM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Did you take in to consideration that some of us didn't read it/don't remember what you wrote? Also that your piss-poor grammar makes some people not want to read it? Or that your opinion on a fictional magic is largely pointless and wouldn't change anything within said fiction anyways?

Also, yeah, we're assholes.

High five!!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 07:19 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

*fives* Amirite?!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 08:03 AM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 09:58 AM
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

Originally posted by CaedusRules
I would like to address this in terms of my favorite MMORPG, WOW. If you think about Lightside powers, vs. Dark Side powers in terms of talent trees it might help.

Lets say your force potential is 81... and you can place those talents into 2 trees. LIGHT or DARK. They both use the force, but in different ways. If you put all your points into Light Side then you will be a Master of the Light, and same with darkside. However if you mix the points evenly in lightside and darkside then you will be a master of neither, though you will have a broader range of abilities.

Now for the universal question which one of the three is better? And my answer would be, it depends on what your trying to do. If you want to be a leader of an army, or prevayor of justice I would say the Light side is best for it's ability to think clearly, use insight to shape plans, and general stratigies. If you want to be leader of the galaxy then the Dark side is better becasue it uses trickery, force, ambition, and power to force your way to the top. However, if you dont want to bother with political, or social issues then a mix of both would be best. Maybe a smuggler or bounty hunter that could use a little of both skills, but has no need for the full power of the sith, or insight and peace of the jedi.

Then the next question is always who would win 1-on-1 fights... Well again lets use an example.. How about ultimate fighting... UFC. The sith will be Puncher.. they use thier power to overwhelm opponents. Jedi will be Grapplers, they use plans, and strategy to get thier opponent into a position that they cant win. And a hybrid will be just that a hybid of both.

The Punchers have the more devistating battles, more blood, more KO's. A puncher can win the fight with just 1 punch, or could be losing a fight, but turn the fight around with 1 punch. However its the grapplers job to take the other fighter out of his game, take him to the ground where his power istn a strong, then wear him down, and make him submit. The hybrid would be able to do both, but not as well as the other. Against a jedi/grappler the hybrid would be no match in grappling, and against the sith/puncher he wouldnt last standing toe to toe.

Well I'm sure no-one will read this whole thing, and if they do they will find faults with it, but I had fun writing it anyway smile

I read your explanation, and I found it very interesting in how you desribed the dark side and light side.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedimaester

My take

Ok, this comes from my expieriance with many novels, games, and a few comics. I am also assuming that no one is perfect and what they say may either be incorrect from misunderstanding or out right lying. I guess you can say this is experimental evidence mostly with the outcomes of situations.

From the prophecy, many think that the will of the Force is the balance of the light and dark side. I do not agree with this. I believe the balance of the Force IS the light side. I came to this conclusion talking to a friend who likes Star Wars but has questionable morals. He agreed with a balance of light and dark, and from his arguements, it seemed like he was justifying his bad habits. I really didn't like this so I came up with this alternate theory.

Evidence 1- Jedi listen to the Force.
If the Jedi listens to the Force, and the will of the Force is a balance of light/dark, then shouldn't Jedi practice a balance of light/dark. The Jedi listen to the will of the Force, but the Sith impose their will on the Force. From this, it seems that if one is only practicing the light side when the Force wants the dark, you are a Sith.

Evidence 2- Good mostly always triumphs.
In the stories, good wins in the end. If the galaxy follows the will of the Force, and the Jedi keep coming out on top, then we know who the Force roots for. Any time of darkside triumph could then be understood as a time of Jedi CHARACTER failing, where the Force could not use them.

What does it mean?
So the Jedi represent a balance in all things, the golden mean. If one extremes too far in an aspect, like passion, pride, greed, they may fall to the dark side. If a Jedi has no passion, he cares little for others, he kills without care. Too much passion is also bad. Some may be less middle than others, greed for instance. So a pure and true Jedi seeks a proper balance in all things. And the Sith have taken things to an extreme. What do you think?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2011 03:59 AM
Click here to Send jedimaester a Private Message Find more posts by jedimaester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Runescape>

I'm kidding, I don't play that.

Yeah, me neither.

no expression

Old Post Apr 25th, 2011 04:02 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord starkiller

Re: My take

Originally posted by jedimaester
Ok, this comes from my expieriance with many novels, games, and a few comics. I am also assuming that no one is perfect and what they say may either be incorrect from misunderstanding or out right lying. I guess you can say this is experimental evidence mostly with the outcomes of situations.

From the prophecy, many think that the will of the Force is the balance of the light and dark side. I do not agree with this. I believe the balance of the Force IS the light side. I came to this conclusion talking to a friend who likes Star Wars but has questionable morals. He agreed with a balance of light and dark, and from his arguements, it seemed like he was justifying his bad habits. I really didn't like this so I came up with this alternate theory.

Evidence 1- Jedi listen to the Force.
If the Jedi listens to the Force, and the will of the Force is a balance of light/dark, then shouldn't Jedi practice a balance of light/dark. The Jedi listen to the will of the Force, but the Sith impose their will on the Force. From this, it seems that if one is only practicing the light side when the Force wants the dark, you are a Sith.

Evidence 2- Good mostly always triumphs.
In the stories, good wins in the end. If the galaxy follows the will of the Force, and the Jedi keep coming out on top, then we know who the Force roots for. Any time of darkside triumph could then be understood as a time of Jedi CHARACTER failing, where the Force could not use them.

What does it mean?
So the Jedi represent a balance in all things, the golden mean. If one extremes too far in an aspect, like passion, pride, greed, they may fall to the dark side. If a Jedi has no passion, he cares little for others, he kills without care. Too much passion is also bad. Some may be less middle than others, greed for instance. So a pure and true Jedi seeks a proper balance in all things. And the Sith have taken things to an extreme. What do you think?
i agree with you in a way that the force is unbalanced whena sith lord comes because the galaxy is already filled with the dark side but with weaker beings that said there are not as much jedi so they are the light and the regulars are the dark and good barely triumphs look at north korea

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 11:41 PM
Click here to Send lord starkiller a Private Message Find more posts by lord starkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by CaedusRules
I would like to address this in terms of my favorite MMORPG, WOW.

I'm holding this against you forever.

quote:
If you think about Lightside powers, vs. Dark Side powers in terms of talent trees it might help.

Simplified if interesting way of putting it.

The Dark Side is oftentimes considered stronger because it banks on its users' impatience and need to dominate to drive them to great levels of power. This is typically true of the Dark Side. However, sometimes it is more insidious and subtle. Manipulation instead of overt crushing. The implementation can change, and arguably this type of Dark Side is strongest - the kind that can seep in like a poison and corrupt. The Republic fell to such poison, not the swing of a saber or the crackle of Sith lightning.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote