KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Deceived Reviews

Star Wars Deceived Reviews
Started by: Dr McBeefington

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars Deceived Reviews

For the most part, I think this was the most half assed star wars book ever written.. Hell, it was only 242 pages. Not only that but the book directly contradicts the Old Republic comics made in the past few months. The only shining beacon on this ripoff was Darth Malgus, who resembles Bane in appearance and understanding of the force.

Last edited by Dr McBeefington on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 02:01 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wow, you read that quickly.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 02:06 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's 242 pages dude.. How long does it take to read that seriously?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 02:12 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

242 pages. let me guess, 27 bucks?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 02:41 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

22.. Big waste of money but hey, I wanted to know how shitty the writing was, and I wasn't disappointed.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 02:43 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I didn't think a Jew you would spend so much money for a shitty book.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Star Wars Deceived Reviews

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
For the most part, I think this was the most half assed star wars book ever written.. Hell, it was only 242 pages.

You're entitled to your opinion but really, so what if it was only 242 pages? QUALITY is what counts, not quantity.

That's like complaining that a movie was only 81 minutes long. If you enjoyed the movie what does it matter if it's 81 minutes rather than 2 hours? Why assume that being longer makes it better.

Anyway, I'm buying this book ASAP.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 03:47 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Star Wars Deceived Reviews

Originally posted by chilled monkey
You're entitled to your opinion but really, so what if it was only 242 pages? QUALITY is what counts, not quantity.

That's like complaining that a movie was only 81 minutes long. If you enjoyed the movie what does it matter if it's 81 minutes rather than 2 hours? Why assume that being longer makes it better.

Anyway, I'm buying this book ASAP.

You're dumb. Did you even read my post? In case you missed it or lack the necessary reading skills, the complaint about it being short was just one of many.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 01:25 PM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

I wanted more on the Battle of Alderaan. The MMO trailer shows Malgus defeated by a single Jedi, but in the book he kills two Jedi in a single encounter. I would liked to have seen more intense combat scenes in it.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I wanted more on the Battle of Alderaan. The MMO trailer shows Malgus defeated by a single Jedi, but in the book he kills two Jedi in a single encounter. I would liked to have seen more intense combat scenes in it.

That single Jedi happens to be Satele Shan.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 04:42 PM
Darth Truculent

Still Dr . . . even the possible (most likely probable, but stupid gaps in history) descendant of one of the most powerful Sith Lords in Star Wars mythos (Revan) can be defeated.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't dispute that.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:11 PM
Darth Truculent

Do you think Satele is a descendant and would that bloodline still exist in the current mythos?

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 05:14 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Do you think Satele is a descendant and would that bloodline still exist in the current mythos?
According to the comics, she is the descendant of Revan and Bastilla.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 06:09 PM
chilled monkey

Re: Re: Re: Star Wars Deceived Reviews

You're dumb. Did you even read my post? In case you missed it or lack the necessary reading skills, the complaint about it being short was just one of many.

Word of advice spud; get a grip. Seriously, did my comment really upset you that much?

Being rude to people when it's completely uncalled for really does not make you look good.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 04:57 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Re: Re: Re: Star Wars Deceived Reviews

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Word of advice spud; get a grip. Seriously, did my comment really upset you that much?

Being rude to people when it's completely uncalled for really does not make you look good.
When it comes to looking good, frankly I find his anger toward your misreading of his post to look better than your indignant lecture.

Assuming this is a contest between who looks better.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 05:38 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Star Wars Deceived Reviews

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Isn't it always?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 05:55 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Star Wars Deceived Reviews

Originally posted by ares834
Isn't it always?
Yes it is, and I regret never letting any of you win.

Ha ha!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 06:06 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

When it comes to looking good, frankly I find his anger toward your misreading of his post to look better than your indignant lecture.

Rofl.. Also yes chilled monkey, instead of taking offense to your atrocious reading comprehension skills, I decided to get butt hurt regarding your comments about my comments.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 06:35 AM
chilled monkey

It is not and I apologise if I gave that impression.

Also yes chilled monkey, instead of taking offense to your atrocious reading comprehension skills, I decided to get butt hurt regarding your comments about my comments.

There is no need to be so hostile. I posted a comment that was not particularly offensive, even acknowledging your entitlement to your opinion and you responded with insults.

Why be insulting? There is no need for it.

If my comment was truly offensive to you then I am sorry. I did not intend it to be.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Mar 28th, 2011 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2011 02:42 AM