KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » rule of Two Broken Dureing Clone Wars

rule of Two Broken Dureing Clone Wars
Started by: Naga Sado

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Naga Sado
naga/clone wars exspert

rule of Two Broken Dureing Clone Wars

Drath Sid. has broken the rule of two so many times in so many ways!Firt he allows Dooku recruite skorr,sora,ventress,vos,and mauls brother!Then he trys to develope an army of siths!WHY!?

Old Post May 30th, 2011 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Naga Sado a Private Message Find more posts by Naga Sado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Because once his rule was solidified he likely didn't care about maintaining tradition anymore.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Naga Sado
Dooku recruite skorr,sora,ventress,vos,and mauls brother!Then he trys to develope an army of siths!WHY!?
Can you really call them apprentices in the literal sense? I always viewed them as would-be apprentices - ie. beings who desperately wanted to be accepted as formal Sith apprentices, so they followed Dooku's every order in hopes of attaining that position.

Personally, I'd just call them force adept assassins employed by the Sith. Nothing more. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 30th, 2011 at 02:13 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2011 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

He refers to them as Dark Side Adepts, I think. Or Dark Acolytes. Or Dark Somethings.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 02:11 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea. The only ones who got the good Sith training were Maul, Dooku, and Anakin.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 05:24 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Really it just comes down to semantics. Ventress is as capable as any Sith, but she's not, because Palpatine said so and Dooku is disinclined to disagree.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Re: rule of Two Broken Dureing Clone Wars

Naga Sado
Drath Sid. has broken the rule of two so many times in so many ways!Firt he allows Dooku recruite skorr,sora,ventress,vos,and mauls brother!Then he trys to develope an army of siths!WHY!?

Unless you're referring to Dark Empire or similar material, Palpatine never actually intended to form an army of Sith. That idea was simply another lie he led Count Dooku to believe was part of his grand design.

Dooku's many recruits are just what he calls them: acolytes. They are renegade Force-users whose talents he can make use of; he never imparts to them the secrets of the Sith, and with the exception of Opress I don't believe he ever even spent much time instructing them personally, relying on the competency and aggression that led them into his service to begin with.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Originally posted by Eminence
Unless you're referring to Dark Empire or similar material, Palpatine never actually intended to form an army of Sith. That idea was simply another lie he led Count Dooku to believe was part of his grand design.

Dooku's many recruits are just what he calls them: acolytes. They are renegade Force-users whose talents he can make use of; he never imparts to them the secrets of the Sith, and with the exception of Opress I don't believe he ever even spent much time instructing them personally, relying on the competency and aggression that led them into his service to begin with.

I'd wager that he spent a fair amount of time instructing Ventress as well, considering the fact that she utilizes Makashi (albeit in an unrefined manner) as noted by Luminara Unduli.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
I'd wager that he spent a fair amount of time instructing Ventress as well, considering the fact that she utilizes Makashi (albeit in an unrefined manner) as noted by Luminara Unduli.

Makashi isn't secret sith knowledge though.

Ventress was teased with some training, but would never get the good stuff that'd really increase her power unless one of the top two died and she got to take her place.

It's too bad she wasn't born in the Legacy era, she'd have actually gotten more of what she wanted from the One Sith.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Originally posted by Q99
Makashi isn't secret sith knowledge though.

Ventress was teased with some training, but would never get the good stuff that'd really increase her power unless one of the top two died and she got to take her place.

It's too bad she wasn't born in the Legacy era, she'd have actually gotten more of what she wanted from the One Sith.

I know. I was just responding to E's comment that Dooku spent significant time training Oppress, but not Ventress. My point is that he likely spent a good amount of time training her as well. It's all rather academic. However I was bored and figured I'd comment.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Ah, I see. Yea, personally I'd think Ventress has had more training, just off-screen.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 09:54 PM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

The other 'Sith' were little more than weapons and agents. Ventress was never meant to replace Dooku or Palpatine. In TPM, Palpatine's objective was to eventually turn Anakin because he recognized his potential. After all he stated "we'll be watching your career closely."

War Doctor

Old Post May 31st, 2011 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Jinsoku Takai

Ah. I was unaware of this.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well Sidious didn't mind Dooku having assassins/soldiers. Like Greivous, Durge. I guess from Sidious's point of view Ventress was just another one.

But the second he sensed her force powers getting beyond a certain level, he ordered Dooku to kill her. Whilst Dooku of course was training her as a Sith apprentice to overthrow Sidious.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 11:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I don't believe he did. And even if he did since when does sidious give a shit about sith tradition? He killed his master in his sleep for cripes sake. Your supposed to fight them face to face.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Says who? Bane? In fact Bane actually restricted the Sith which is against their code.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 09:37 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well, its really less of a code and more like.... guidelines. pirate

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea. When telling Holocrons about the One Sith, Krayt had bad luck with the ones he grabbed. Get Sidious's and it would've been, "Sure, dude, whatever, as long as you mess Jedi up!"

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 12:15 AM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Which is why I agree with Sids. As long as it works its all good. Admittedly, Bane's Rule of Two worked better than any other Sith Order, but I think the current DLotS can do whatever he wants with the current Order.

Another thing I want to point out was I loved Kaan's system. Yes, Bane hated it and claimed it was "un-sithly" but I thought it was the exact opposite. Kaan created the perfect system for him! Which quite frankly seems very sithly to me.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 12:23 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I think Kaan's Sith were pretty much doomed to lose whatever happened, whether to force of arms or Bane's thought bomb, but the Sith would've gone down a lot sooner without him united them in the first place.

Hm, I wonder what an alt-timeline with no Kaan would've been. Sith don't get unified, or at least quite as soon, and go down. Bane never gets trained by them to get his start. No Rule of Two Sith. Galactic peace?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 12:41 AM