KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » "Light Side" Force Nexus?

"Light Side" Force Nexus?
Started by: SIDIOUS 66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dominis

"Light Side" Force Nexus?

I have heard the argument on here before that when facing a dark sider in the Jedi Temple, a jedi has the advantage of a "light side" nexus. Where is this coming from exactly? What advantage would they get from this force nexus that a dark sider would not?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Vjun's a Dark Side nexus. So is Korriban, and Lehon, and whatever. Jedi Temple's a Light Side nexus. It's easy.

It's all magic. Let it go. Luke

Old Post May 31st, 2011 07:07 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Dark Jedi/Sith can use light side force nexuses as seen with that guy who was covered with light sabers (forgot his name). Thus, it seems likely that Jedi don't use dark side nexuses because of fear of corruption rather than because they can't.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:27 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Anakin's thoughts reveal that it's the presence of thousands of Jedi engrossed in meditation and contemplation that turn the Temple into a fountain of light; without them it would be an unaligned nexus of power.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

That makes sense.

Likewise, Korriban and similar probably used to be unaligned themselves before they became bases of the Sith.

And I think Yavin 4 actually moved from being Darkside to Lightside (sith temple, then abandoned, then re-settled by Jedi).

Old Post May 31st, 2011 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

While I don't know that the origin of the aura on Korriban has been explored, such concentrations of dark Force-energy can be created by dark events of sufficient magnitude; they don't need to originate as benign loci of energy and then be corrupted. I believe the dark nexus on Dagobah was created by the death of a Dark Jedi, and if I'm not mistaken Palpatine's "death" on the second Death Star tainted the space itself.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
E
if I'm not mistaken Palpatine's "death" on the second Death Star tainted the space itself.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 12:23 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Eminence
Anakin's thoughts reveal that it's the presence of thousands of Jedi engrossed in meditation and contemplation that turn the Temple into a fountain of light; without them it would be an unaligned nexus of power.

Well this makes more sense. Was this in the ROTS novel?

I always thought that the force was an energy field that can be accessed by anyone who is capable of manipulating it's power (force sensitives). And then you have it's dark side, which is an unnatural, imbalancing, highly addictive side of the force that should not be used, which is why the jedi forbid it's use. I never thought there was an actual "light side" of the force that only "good guys" can use. I thought the term "light side" was refering to the way in which the jedi use it's power in harmony with one another, and for maintaining peace in the galaxy, and balance in the force. In the ROTS novel, I believe it was Obi Wan who said that it was the jedi who create light, and that the dark side was always there.

Originally posted by ares834
Dark Jedi/Sith can use light side force nexuses as seen with that guy who was covered with light sabers (forgot his name). Thus, it seems likely that Jedi don't use dark side nexuses because of fear of corruption rather than because they can't.

This is true. And even if a jedi did decide to use the power of a force nexus, they still would not get the advantage that a sith would, because a sith would have more mastery over there rage and anger, and the different variety of powers that the dark side gives.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Well this makes more sense. Was this in the ROTS novel?

It is.

I always thought that the force was an energy field that can be accessed by anyone who is capable of manipulating it's power (force sensitives). And then you have it's dark side, which is an unnatural, imbalancing, highly addictive side of the force that should not be used, which is why the jedi forbid it's use. I never thought there was an actual "light side" of the force that only "good guys" can use. I thought the term "light side" was refering to the way in which the jedi use it's power in harmony with one another, and for maintaining peace in the galaxy, and balance in the force.

That's basically how I see it too.

In the ROTS novel, I believe it was Obi Wan who said that it was the jedi who create light, and that the dark side was always there.

Not quite. It was Mace Windu who said that.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 11:31 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote