KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rank the greatest sith in a top five

Rank the greatest sith in a top five
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Rank the greatest sith in a top five

In order from greatest to fifth greatest in your opinion. Also in your reasoning explain why they are where they are on your list due to significance in role and where they rank in overall combat formidability.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 04:31 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The top 3 for combat are Sidious, Bane and Nihilus. Then maybe Zannah and Vader for the next two.

I have no idea about significance other than Sidious is probably at the top of the list. The other significant Sith are Bane, Nihilus, Vader, Krayt, Revan, Traya, The Sith Emperor, Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos and Freedon Nadd. No Caedus because he didn't actually do anything of significance.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
The top 3 for combat are Sidious, Bane and Nihilus. Then maybe Zannah and Vader for the next two.

I have no idea about significance other than Sidious is probably at the top of the list. The other significant Sith are Bane, Nihilus, Vader, Krayt, Revan, Traya, The Sith Emperor, Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos and Freedon Nadd. No Caedus because he didn't actually do anything of significance.
In a battle with Bane against Sidious who would you favor ?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:50 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Originally posted by quanchi112

Sidious.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by quanchi112

There is no answer to that question. We've argued that for years without finding one.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Going to go Sidious, Krayt, Revan, Sith Emperor, and Ruin. Not necessarily in that order.

Because those are the ones who won, or at least got the farthest.

Not to discount ones like Bane and Sadow who set up later victories either.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 07:21 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Oh, and on fighting power... I think most sith this major are more-or-less on a general level. Some have more or less raw power, some techniques that give 'em an edge, but when two top sith meet there's no sure thing and depending on the circumstances either could win.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Nephthys
There is no answer to that question. We've argued that for years without finding one.
I just wondered if you favored either sith lord but you seem to see it as an even split.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 09:14 PM
ares834

Nah he favors Bane.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 09:40 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

Sidious, Bane, Kryat, Revan, and Vader.

IMO if Bane and Sidious were to fight, it would depend on if Bane had his Obelisk (sp) Armor or not.

I believe Bane was an incredible Sith. Self trained...started training as an adult...destroyed an entire order of Sith...created the most efficient sith philosophy. Sidious and Bane were both Master strategists, but Sidious had the benefit of all the work the Sith did before him as a starting point, Bane started at the bottom and worked his way up. Without Bane there is no Sidious.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 11:18 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ysoserious?
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CaedusRules
Without Bane there is no Sidious.

Agreed, but this is more or less because of Bane's institution of the Rule of Two.

I'm unfamiliar with any actual work enacted by Bane that benefited Sidious in the long run. All of his achievements seemed to be the direct result of his machinations, not other Sith.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Ysoserious? a Private Message Find more posts by Ysoserious? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You don't think of instituting the ROT as work? He did have to kill off the Brotherhood to do it.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 12:14 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He also established a network of spies and informants that no doubt benefited the Order over the millennium.

Greatest Combative Sith:

DE Sidious
Bane
Nihilus (possibly)
Caedus/Exar Kun with Amulets
Vader

Greatest Advances for the Sith Cause:

Sidious
Ragnos
Sith Emperor
Revan
Bane

Greatest Lone Displays of PowAH!:

Nihilus (Giga Drain)
Sidious (Force Storm)
Exar Kun (Mega Drain)
Krayt (Resurrection Without Clones)
Sith Emperor... (Longevity?) I couldn't really think of an impressive fifth.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CaedusRules
Sidious, Bane, Kryat, Revan, and Vader.

IMO if Bane and Sidious were to fight, it would depend on if Bane had his Obelisk (sp) Armor or not.

I believe Bane was an incredible Sith. Self trained...started training as an adult...destroyed an entire order of Sith...created the most efficient sith philosophy. Sidious and Bane were both Master strategists, but Sidious had the benefit of all the work the Sith did before him as a starting point, Bane started at the bottom and worked his way up. Without Bane there is no Sidious.
Yes, Bane was a pioneer with my cursory knowledge of him but Sidious to me is like the michael jordan of the sith in terms of impact. The guy ruled the galaxy for years under imperialistic rule. To do so he had to overcome the jedi at their peak. The planning of Sidious through subtle manipulation and turning the chosen one into his last apprentice was a sheer stroke of genius.

If Bane and Sidious both had years to plan against each other do you think Bane would have a chance ?

Last edited by quanchi112 on Aug 4th, 2011 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 01:58 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Sidious
Ragnos
Sith Emperor
Revan
Bane

Just curious but what did Ragnos do that advanced the SIth?

Anyway, for me:

Sidious
Sith Emperor
Bane
Naga Sadow
Revan

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 02:29 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by ares834
Just curious but what did Ragnos do that advanced the SIth?
Maintained their existence and prosperity for a century straight, and brought about the direct rise of Exar Kun's Brotherhood (and the indirect rise of Revan). With the exception of the Sith Emperor, he reigned over a Sith Empire of prosperity, wealth, and power longer than any other Lord.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Ragnos, Revan, Nihilus, Bandon, Traya, and Dooku.

Rofl.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

He also established a network of spies and informants that no doubt benefited the Order over the millennium.

Greatest Combative Sith:

DE Sidious
Bane
Nihilus (possibly)
Caedus/Exar Kun with Amulets
Vader

Sidious
Ragnos
Sith Emperor
Revan
Bane

Greatest Lone Displays of PowAH!:

Nihilus (Giga Drain)
Sidious (Force Storm)
Exar Kun (Mega Drain)
Krayt (Resurrection Without Clones)
Sith Emperor... (Longevity?) I couldn't really think of an impressive fifth.

I agree with the "Greatest Advances for the Sith Cause" except I would include a special mention of Vader. He didn't really "advance the Sith cause" but brought about the end of the Rule of Two, which was monumental in a way.

I agree with "Great Lone Displays of PowAH!" (lol), except perhaps mentioning Darth Plagueis since he could actually delay death and even create life.

-------------------------------------------------------

As for the greatest Sith in battle, that's extremely difficult to rank. Many Sith have demonstrated deep Force prowess and ridiculous Force abilities. Furthermore, there are some Sith who have shown incredible skill against those considered to be in the upper echelon of Sith might (Zannah against Bane, Ulic Qel-Droma against Exar Kun). Where would they lie? And there are also unknown Sith, such as Desolous, who with his army killed some two thousand Jedi, many of those deaths he was personally responsible for.

I think it would be better to throw out a collective list of Sith considered to be the strongest of all time rather than actually ranking them. However, if I had to, I would say....

1. Sidious
2. Bane
3. Caedus
4. Exar Kun
5. Vader

6. Nihilus
7. Revan
8. Tyrannus
9. Marka Ragnos/Zannah
10. Marka/Ragnos/Zannah

I think Ulic Qel-Droma and Maul could be considered due to their lightsaber abilities.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 05:39 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Korto Vos
I agree with the "Greatest Advances for the Sith Cause" except I would include a special mention of Vader. He didn't really "advance the Sith cause" but brought about the end of the Rule of Two, which was monumental in a way.
Eh, that's more of a Jedi thing.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 05:47 AM
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Eh, that's more of a Jedi thing.

True dat. Though, I would be hard-pressed to not include Vader in a list of most significant Sith.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 06:06 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote