KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rank the greatest jedi in a top five

Rank the greatest jedi in a top five
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Rank the greatest jedi in a top five

In order from greatest to fifth greatest in your opinion. Also in your reasoning explain why they are where they are on your list due to significance in role and where they rank in overall combat formidability.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 03:29 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
In terms of Jedi I'd say either the Exile or Luke. Luke because he's just done so many things and had so many adventures. And the Exile because she stopped the Sith Triumvirate almost single-handedly. Thats a single-handed saving of the galaxy. Surprisingly not many Jedi can match that. Revan maybe, but that was a problem he caused himself, so it doesn't count imo. And Yoda barely accomplished anything that we know of.

Probably Luke though.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Luke.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 03:55 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Combat Abilities:

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu
4. ROTS Anakin Skywalker/"Zonakin"
5. Galen Marek

Honorable Mentions: 6. Kyp Durron 7. Obi-Wan Kenobi

I think Revan would probably be on this list, at #5 or #6, but not enough is known.

Importance (not in any order):

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Anakin Skywalker
3. Revan
4. Odan-Urr
5. Jedi Exile?

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 04:08 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Luke... while I agree to be a great pick, did fall to the dark side at one point. It kinda puts him below others in terms of pureness(?)imo like: Yoda, or Obi Wan. Obi Wan is faithful to the light side, but has significantly less power and authority(and most likely accomplishments) than Yoda.

Yoda would be my pick for #1. The rest in no particular order:

Luke Skywalker

Obi Wan Kenobi

Mace Windu. Incredibly powerful and influential. Created a badass lightsaber form and one of the few characters with shatterpoint. A bit more merciless than others I listed is why I would never rank him as #1 as a jedi.

Anakin Solo. Just read the books is the best I can offer

I really dont like debating game chars, but wouldn't Bastila Shan be a good candidate? I can't remember if she had a turn to the dark or not...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Korto Vos
Combat Abilities:

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu
4. ROTS Anakin Skywalker/"Zonakin"
5. Galen Marek

And Greatest Contribution to the Jedi Order/Republic:

Luke
Revan
Exile
Uliq Qel Droma (for turning on Exar)
Cade Skywalker

Huh. Not a lot of "Savior" Jedi.

Greatest Displays of (Light) PowAH!:

Luke for being an overpowered everything.
Marek for his Death Blast with Palpatine.
Anakin for subduing the Son and Daughter.
Yoda for something probably in Dark Rendezvous.
Kyp for reversing that Dovin basal (or something) easier than Luke.

Huh. Not a lot of solitary feats of wonder for Jedi.

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Luke... while I agree to be a great pick, did fall to the dark side at one point. It kinda puts him below others in terms of pureness
The fact that he later went on to found a New Order and made a complete recovery from Palpatine's grasp is strong evidence of his "purity".

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Aug 6th, 2011 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 04:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

"Wars not make one great."

Anyway, I've got two more considerations. First, is Qui-Gon Jinn. He apperaed to be highly intune with the force and was the epitome of the Jedi. He also redisocered the Shaman of the Whills' technique.

Another even more obscure and controversial choice would be Jacen Solo. He briefly reached a oneness with the force that no other force user has ever attained in life.

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Luke... while I agree to be a great pick, did fall to the dark side at one point.

I recall reading somewhere that Luke didn't actually fall to the dark side.

4. ROTS Anakin Skywalker/"Zonakin

Not really a Jedi IMO.

Last edited by ares834 on Aug 6th, 2011 at 04:32 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 04:28 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

1. Luke Skywalker

(gap)

2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu
4. Nomi Sunrider

(pretty huge ass gap)
5. Revan.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

What did Nomi Sunrider do that was so great?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 04:55 AM
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The fact that he later went on to found a New Order and made a complete recovery from Palpatine's grasp is strong evidence of his "purity".

No doubt.

He was not immune to corruption, which I view as important when being considered as "best jedi". Yes, he makes up for it; thats why I put him easily in top 5, probably 2nd. I wouldnt really mind if Luke was the best, because I could certainly see why... but I think a jedi should be above falling to corruption, frankly.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

Ganner Rhysode fought off thousands of Vong when he became one with the Force. Ri-vi Anu lifted a Star Destroyer, though for a few seconds, when she accepted death and oneness with the Force. Those were incredible.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 10:09 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by ares834
What did Nomi Sunrider do that was so great?

She severed Ulic Qel-Droma from the force, and she was the one who lead the Wall of Light combined force power in order to imprison Exar Kun's spirit on Yavin.

So pretty much, she was the key figure in ending the Great Sith War.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Originally posted by Q99
She severed Ulic Qel-Droma from the force, and she was the one who lead the Wall of Light combined force power in order to imprison Exar Kun's spirit on Yavin.

Where do you get the idea that she lead them? In the comic she simply suggests it.

Originally posted by Q99
So pretty much, she was the key figure in ending the Great Sith War.

"A" not "the", let's not get carried away.

And compared to the achivments of the Exile and Revan hers are totally eclipsed.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 01:56 PM
Q99

Originally posted by ares834
Where do you get the idea that she lead them? In the comic she simply suggests it.

I don't have the comic on hand so I just went by wookiepedia's summary, which said she both suggested it and lead it.

The Ulic moment is more of the key turning point anyway. She both took out one of the enemy's two commanders and got him to help against the other one. The Sith side was doomed once that happened.

quote:

"A" not "the", let's not get carried away.

True.

quote:
And compared to the achivments of the Exile and Revan hers are totally eclipsed.

Still, even if it's not on the level of the Exile, she's rather impressive.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

Why hasn't anyone else said that Odan-Urr is one the most influential/important/contributional Jedi in the Order?

Odan-Urr predicted Sadow's Sith attack (even though the Senate failed to obey his warnings). However, he was supported by Teta and he was one of the key commanders of the Battle of Kirrek, which was a major victory for the Republic and a devastating loss for Sadow and his army.

He established the Great Jedi Library on Ossus, heavily contributing knowledge to the Order, and was Master of Antiquities.

Most importantly, he interpreted the Jedi Code and created a version that was clear and was practiced for the next several thousand years. The implications of his Code on the Order and later famous Jedi (Revan, Anakin) are well detailed.

IMO, he easily should stand alongside Luke, Anakin, and Revan as some of the most influential Jedi of all time.

Last edited by -kV- on Aug 6th, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 10:24 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Moved since this should really be in this thread rather than the other.

Revan single-handedly saved the galaxy from the Sith Empire and Star Forge, which were much more powerful than the Sith Triumvirate and its assassins.

And the underlying main character of KOTOR 2 was Revan. Revan influenced everything of galactic importance that happened during that time. The Exile wouldn't be the Exile if it wasn't for Revan. Kreia became Darth Trayus as a result of her search for Revan. Indirectly, Nihilus and Sion owe their Sith existence to Revan. The Sith Triumvirate rose out of the remnants of Revan's old Empire, and only grew dominant after Revan had left the known galaxy.

I don't know how you can say Revan doesn't count. As Kreia/Traya herself said, perhaps after meeting the Sith Emperor, Revan had to fall to prevent a greater evil. Granted, he shouldn't have followed such a dark path, but he delayed the Sith Empire's entrance for several hundred years and prevented them from obtaining the Star Forge.

Revan was the one who created the problem in the first place. The Star Forge wouldn't even be a factor if Revan hadn't of tracked down the Star Maps or if he had never fell to the darkside. How can he be a great Jedi for fixing a problem he himself created in the first place? And no, the Triumvirate was a much greater threat to the galaxy than the Star Forge and the Sith. Nihilus was a threat to Life itself, and if Traya's plan had been successful the Force itself would have died, again representing a threat to literally the entire galaxy rather than just the Republics citizens.

Revan was not the main character of Kotor 2. Much of the story is centered around him and his impact, but the central character is still The Exile and how she saved the galaxy from a far greater threat than Malak and his empire. And Traya was around before Revan.

Traya was guessing at that. Sure it was an informed decision, but ultimately she had no idea what caused Revan to fall, and perhaps she didn't even know the extent to which the Madalorian War changed him. Furthermore Revan has his past as a Sith Lord holding him back as well as the slight problem of him being preprogrammed towards being a Jedi. I seriously disagree with him being a great Jedi on these grounds alone, in that he was brainwashed into acting as the Jedi ideal, rather than by any actual choice. That takes him clean out of the running imo.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Revan's super-important to be sure, but it's half on Jedi side and half on Sith side, so the points are kinda divided for him compared to someone who's great feats are on one side or another like the Exile.

Also on the Exile's point total, keep in mind the defeat of Nihilus, and he ultimately was a much bigger threat than the assassins.

quote:
Kortos Vos
Why hasn't anyone else said that Odan-Urr is one the most influential/important/contributional Jedi in the Order?

Odan-Urr predicted Sadow's Sith attack (even though the Senate failed to obey his warnings). However, he was supported by Teta and he was one of the key commanders of the Battle of Kirrek, which was a major victory for the Republic and a devastating loss for Sadow and his army.

He established the Great Jedi Library on Ossus, heavily contributing knowledge to the Order, and was Master of Antiquities.

Most importantly, he interpreted the Jedi Code and created a version that was clear and was practiced for the next several thousand years. The implications of his Code on the Order and later famous Jedi (Revan, Anakin) are well detailed.

He set the groundwork for stuff, but others did IMO more. As you say, his warnings of Sadow's attack weren't followed. Also on the code, he revised it's language, he didn't create it from the ground up. The library is probably his biggest contribution.

Definitely one of the most impressive scholars at the least.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:30 PM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Originally posted by Nephthys
And Traya was around before Revan.

As Kreia sure, not as Darth Traya though. She didn't fall until she began retraicing her former padawans footsteps and it led her to Malachor V.

Furthermore, I have never believed Kreia could have truly destroyed the force. I mean in the game it isn't really even explained, rather I took it as away for her to drawn the Exile to Malachor V. Or, the theroy I subscribe to, Kreia "killed" the force by transforming the Exile into a vessel that would continue to spread her beliefs.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:32 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Is that so? I can't actuallly recall Traya talking about the exact order of events, but I recall that she was at least kicked out of the Order before Revan and hints that she had fallen when she talks about Revan coming to her to learn how to leave the Jedi.

It is explained, you just have to pay attention to a few obscure things she says. Things that don't seem that important at the time, such as on Nar Shaddar when she discusses the 'fractures in the Force' and how they can create 'ripples' that can affect the whole thing. Her goal was to kill the Exile, a wound in the Force, at the centre of Malachor, itself a wound in the Force and a place where these 'fractures' are as well and the resulting chain-reaction would poison the Force and cause it to die.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:37 PM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Maybe. It's been to long since I played the game. Maybe she did fall prior to Revan, but I'm fairly certain she didn't become Darth traya until she arrived on Malachor V.

As for destroying the force... Yes, I recall her talks on "echoes" and such but she never makes it clear how she is going to create these. Furthermore, if life countined to exist the Force should just come back. And considering how happy she appears to be when you do defeat her I never got the feeling that it was her actual goal.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:42 PM