KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Medstar Duology

The Medstar Duology
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

The Medstar Duology

What do you all think of this announcement?

"LucasBooks has already started exploring the time of the Clone Wars through a unified publishing program of fiction set against the backdrop of that epic conflict. A previously announced but untitled duology now has a name. Authors Steve Perry and Michael Reaves are teaming up to write the Medstar Duology, which consists of Medstar I: Battle Surgeons and Medstar II: Healer.

It is two years after the Battle of Geonosis and extended ground fighting persists on the planet Drongar. The planet is the source of bota, an important plant used for pharmaceutical purposes. The story focuses on a Republic medical team along with Jedi healer, Barriss Offee.

The two paperback books in the series are scheduled for release in July and October 2004 from Del Rey Books. Fans of Star Wars literature will recognize the authors from their previous contributions. Steve Perry wrote Shadows of the Empire, while Michael Reaves wrote Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. "
from www.starwars.com

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I am very much into the Clone Wars being told as a continuing narrative-as long as it is not overdone,as I think has been the case with the NJO.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 11:30 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

NJO overdone????does not compute.....oh
I think it'd be nice to have a series of about 5 books...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

That would be nice, as opposed to twenty of them!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 10:12 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

good grief....no one told me that this duology wasn't set to release until june or july 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 10:40 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

What will we do until then? I know...I know...catch up on the NJOs I missed...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 01:01 AM
Julie
The Student

true...and there are a whole bunch of other star wars books I haven't read yet....like Tatooine Ghost and DArksaber and part 2 and 3 of the JA series....
yup I'll be busy until then at least

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 04:23 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Since my last post in this thread, I have gone through Star By Star, Remnant, and Rebel Stand. I mention this for information purposes only.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 02:39 AM
Corran
Lucifer

You've gone through those 3 books in 4 days?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 09:07 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Cool

I actually finished Remnant over a week ago. Star By Star took nearly four days, and Rebel Stand didn't take more than a day. cool

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Apr 6th, 2003 at 12:17 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 12:11 PM
Julie
The Student

WOw...you must read fast or have way too much time on your hands....that's cool though.....reading is a lot of fun...and I plan on doing so in the summer

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 03:57 AM
Julie
The Student

one down and one to come......ohh I can't wait....more sw books the better....the character names weren't very memorable though....[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I didn't really feel any sympathy for the character that died.,...coun;t even tell you his name

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 06:47 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

OMG JULIE!!!!!! I thought you never came here anymore! Nice to see you again.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 06:53 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Thanks....I pop in and out here and there....too busy reading all those nice star wars books.....I forget when the other part of this duo comes out but I think I have the B&N people calling me when it releases:-)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 03:00 PM
yerssot

th first one is out anyway normally
getting it on friday big grin

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 06:31 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yea......that's excellent news.....the cover is pretty...I'll give 'em that

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:12 PM
yerssot

that's a unique thing already

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 08:58 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

did you read it????

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 06:14 PM
yerssot

read it??? hey! I'm still in the progress of reading it stick out tongue
I don't devour books

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 08:36 PM
Insane Monk

I devour books!

"Who needs courage when you've got a gun?"

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Insane Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote