KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

First there was Dark Forces...

Next there was Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight...

Then there was Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast...

Now there is Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy!

LucasArts and the Official Site have just announced that Jedi Academy will be released this year on Xbox and PC. Straying away from the development of Kyle Katarn's skills in the Force (for he is taking a vacation with Jan, if you recall the cutscene at the end of Jedi Outcast), you control an aspiring young Jedi being trained under the great Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

Here's some details:

-- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy allows players to go through locations in the classic Star Wars universe as they control a eager student of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Players will interact with Original Trilogy locations and characters while deciding if they will fight for those who need help on the Light-Side or go down the path of power on the Dark-Side.

-- Players design their characters by picking individual characteristics for their characters: species, gender, clothing, and physical attributes help make the experience more exciting and gives the character more experience before entering the Academy to learn about and use the Force.

-- Players also design their lightsaber, including blade color and the handle. You can use a single blade, or use two blades, or have a double-edged lightsaber like Exar Kun or Darth Maul, and then choose from a variety of colors.

-- New and familiar vehicles, weapons, and planets enhance the gameplay.

-- Multiplayer like the past Jedi Knight games.

-- Choose which missions to take to attain new skills.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 02:42 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Here is a female Twi'lek Jedi with a purple double-edged lightsaber slashing her way through a crowd of saber-wielding masked men.

Attachment: 10.jpg
This has been downloaded 243 time(s).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 02:58 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

A male human Jedi with a green double-edged lightsaber taking on two masked men, each with two red lightsabers.

Attachment: 9.jpg
This has been downloaded 233 time(s).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 03:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Another female Twi'lek Jedi, this time with two lightsaber, one blue and one yellow, against more masked men.

Attachment: 8.jpg
This has been downloaded 232 time(s).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 03:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

A male Rodian Jedi with a purple double-edged lightsaber up against a terrorizingly huge Rancor with big sharp teeth.

Attachment: 5.jpg
This has been downloaded 228 time(s).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 03:06 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The male human Jedi from an earlier pic, fighting more masked men. This time he's in a darkened room and, while cutting down another of his opponents, is approached by a big man with a red double-edged saber.

Attachment: 3.jpg
This has been downloaded 217 time(s).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 03:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The Rodian Jedi from an earlier pic. It looks like he is in a bar, likely on Nar Shadda or Coruscant. A Trandoshan with a blaster rifle is at a nearby table, and a Rodian hitman in the background. I have spotted some bacta containers near the bartender on the bar, so there is a Jedi Outcast reference for ya...

I'll show you more pics when more pics surface! smile

Attachment: 2.jpg
This has been downloaded 213 time(s).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 03:11 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

With any luck it will have multi-play much BETTER than that of the previous ones...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I hope so too, though probably not too advanced... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 04:15 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Jedi Outcast multi-play was just a confused free-for-all. No finesse, no skill, and a huge disappointment for thise who wanted proper sabre fights.

They need to tone down some of the Force powers as well; all that overt lightning and drain usage just looked dumb.

And speed was TOO powerful in Outcast- they would use it in the film ALL the time if it was that good.

And I hate to say this... but sabres should KILL PEOPLE when they hit them! Bad guys like Desann shouldn't have to take ten hard sabre hits to the face to be killed. They should just be very difficult to hit! How can they say the sabre fights are just like those in the film if it feels more like you are holding a club than the Galaxy's most dangerous personal weapon?

Plenty of room for improvement from Outcast, if you ask me.

(Oh, and get rid of those gay "can't be blocked by sabres" sniper rifles as well)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

In Jedi outcast...I just cheated.........:-).....got the code for unlimited damage....Dessan was pretty hard to beat anyway..

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, I agree with the unblocked disruptors. Every so often you do a quick auto Force speed dodge, but it doesn't happen often. In a story I wrote it could be deflected.

When it comes to how many times it takes to kill someone, I use the realistic saber combat codes. If you set it on level 20 the people just fall apart. big grin

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 03:58 AM
Julie
The Student

ouch that sounds painful

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, but the game has been designed with that NOT happening in mind, The stances, for example, become pointless if a light stroke kills as fast as a strong one.

Now, frankly, the strong stance is just dumb anyway- why make silly long strokes with a sabre when a quickl thrust would kill just as dead? Nonetheless, that is how the game was designed so just turning up the sabre damage didn;t really get to grips with the issue.

Duelling should be re-done from the ground up to make it hard to hit but making hits kill.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 08:00 PM
Julie
The Student

I usually like to go with the fast stance....yes the strong stance is silly...you usually end up riddled with blaster bolts by the time your finished your first swing

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 02:39 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, the strong stance is only good for taking out a group of enemies around you, though that never happens anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The fast and normal stances are my fav, but after finding the unlimited Force energy code for Outcast on the Cube, I've been using just lightning and throwing the saber, as well as using the unlimited ammo code with the repeater.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 08:16 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The point is that they designed the game to make the strong stance do something. The strong stance should not- at the design stage- exist. Some of those strokes take two seconds to complete. Now, compare the lightning-fast blows of the duels we see in the films. How cool would Maul have been if he had hefted his sabre around like an ogre's club?

Frankly, even medium is a bit slow.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 10:10 PM
Julie
The Student

that's why I stick with the fast...I stand there until the bad guys shoot themselves big grin Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 10:14 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But you can hit someone with a solid stroke in fast and he does not die unless you hack the game. It is just silly. I know it is a agame where it seems to take five blaster shots to drop someone but... even so, you know? Lightsabres have a certain style to them, and there is no point in them if you can stab someone in the head with them and have to do it again.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 10:43 PM
Julie
The Student

I usually don't have to worry about that because I've hit the attack button so many times that the bad guy gets buried in lightsaber strikes and falls right quick...but I do see your point about the lightsaber's flaws in the game

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 03:54 AM