KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » why didn't Mace put the saber to Dooku's throat..

why didn't Mace put the saber to Dooku's throat..
Started by: KuRuPT Thanosi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KuRuPT Thanosi

why didn't Mace put the saber to Dooku's throat..

and instead put it to Jango's neck.. That just makes no sense to me... Not only was Jango WAY less of a target to Mace than Dooku.. he probably didn't even know who he was. Further, it seems odd that Dooku didn't sense a MASS amount of Jedi there or even Mace... People he should've been very familiar with and sensed. To make it worse... and another thing I never got.. When Mace did have Jango by the balls.. Dooku never reacted or tried to draw his saber.. Mace could've easily struck him down.. Did you know that Mace would never try such or move?

Lastly, why was Jango even choose to be the "father" of all the clones.. is it ever expanded upon why he was choosen?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 06:28 PM
Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's almost as if that movie... doesn't make any sense.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Heh, those are some interesting plot-holes you've pointed out.

Did Mace really think that threatening to kill Jango would make Dooku be like: "OHHH NOOOEZ!! I SURRENDER!!!"? Hell, Mace could have ended the entire war right there if he would have just struck [a clueless] Dooku down, instead of trying to hold Jango hostage.

It is equally as hilarious that Dooku was unable to sense the presence of DOZENS of Jedi in his local vicinity. Given that most of them were fodder, there is no feasible way that all of them would've been able to mask their presence from someone as powerful as the good Count.

The reasons Jango was chosen as the Prime Host for the Clones were mentioned in Open Seasons. His combat prowess(ie. killing multiple Jedi with his bare hands) and cunning, were ultimately what prompted Dooku to choose him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 11th, 2013 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Because nothing in that movie made sense anyway, why didn't Mace just say screw the Jedi Master and the two love birds and just annihilate the arena from space?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 08:06 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Heh, those are some interesting plot-holes you've pointed out.

Did Mace really think that threatening to kill Jango would make Dooku be like: "OHHH NOOOEZ!! I SURRENDER!!!"? Hell, Mace could have ended the entire war right there if he would have just struck [a clueless] Dooku down, instead of trying to hold Jango hostage.

It is equally as hilarious that Dooku was unable to sense the presence of DOZENS of Jedi in his local vicinity. Given that most of them were fodder, there is no feasible way that all of them would've been able to mask their presence from someone as powerful as the good Count.

The reasons Jango was chosen as the Prime Host for the Clones were mentioned in Open Seasons. His combat prowess(ie. killing multiple Jedi with his bare hands) and cunning, were ultimately what prompted Dooku to choose him.

You'd think the Jedi in the temple would have sensed an entire army of Sith rolling down on them from nearby, but they didn't see it coming. A lot of things can be cloaked in the Force. Palps chilled with the Jedi on numerous occasions and yet they had no idea they were rubbing shoulders with the most powerful Sith they could have ever come up against.

Zannah walked into the Jedi Temple and did her thing as well. That's one "plot hole" that just isn't.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Ascendancy
You'd think the Jedi in the temple would have sensed an entire army of Sith rolling down on them from nearby, but they didn't see it coming. A lot of things can be cloaked in the Force. Palps chilled with the Jedi on numerous occasions and yet they had no idea they were rubbing shoulders with the most powerful Sith they could have ever come up against.
Yoda: "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is."
Mace: "Our ability to use the force has diminished."
Etc.

The Jedi couldn't sense wtf was going on, because Palpatine was using the dark side to skew their perceptions. Conversely, there is no evidence I'm aware of which states that the dozens of Jedi on Geonosis were concealing their presence from Dooku. So if that little tidbit was never addressed in canon, it is most definitely a plot-hole.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Yoda: "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is."
Mace: "Our ability to use the force has diminished."
Etc.

The Jedi couldn't sense wtf was going on, because Palpatine was using the dark side to skew their perceptions. Conversely, there is no evidence I'm aware of which states that the dozens of Jedi on Geonosis were concealing their presence from Dooku. So if that little tidbit was never addressed in canon, it is most definitely a plot-hole.

Maybe he knew they were there. He certainly wasn't extremely surprised (maybe Palpatine let him know beforehand). Besides, he had an army that he felt would be enough to beat 200 Jedi, and it was, even if Mace "Im OP in the micro series" Windu was there.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Surely he didn't know they were there.. if so.. why would he let one of the most dangerous Jedi masters get so close.. draw his weapon and do nothing. An army wasn't going to stop mace from killing dooku right then and there. he clearly didn't know.. not sure how that can be argued.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 08:55 PM
Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He obviously didn't know.

I just find it hilarious that 200 Jedi were able to converge on Dooku at the Geonosis Arena, yet he was caught completely off-guard:
(please log in to view the image)

His inability to sense that many Jedi within a few-hundred-yards of him either a.) demonstrates that Dooku's force-senses were the worst ever seen throughout SW, or b.) showcases a massive plot-hole.

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 17th, 2013 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 09:18 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I wonder which.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 01:05 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Dooku is a weak feeb, obviously.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 01:10 AM
Q99

He obviously didn't know.

I just find it hilarious that 200 Jedi were able to converge on Dooku at the Geonosis Arena, yet he was caught completely off-guard:

His inability to sense that many Jedi within a few-hundred-yards of him either a.) demonstrates that Dooku's force-senses were the worst ever seen throughout SW, or b.) showcases a massive plot-hole.

I presume that the Jedi were hiding their presence in the force/the stronger Jedi were actively working to conceal everyone.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I suppose that I can buy-off on the notion that a handful of Jedi would be capable of concealing themselves from Dooku. However, there weren't just 'a handful' of Jedi at the arena--- there were 200. Imo, there is no way that many Jedi(most of whom were no-name fodder, mind you) were so adept at masking their presence as to go unnoticed by a force-user as powerful as Dooku.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 08:52 PM
The_Tempest

Not sure Dooku was really surprised. Sure didn't seem it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 09:01 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dookes fearz noothing!!11!!1!!!!!1111!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 09:23 PM
The_Tempest

(please log in to view the image)

erm

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 09:35 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

sad

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 09:43 PM
Vensai

I suppose that I can buy-off on the notion that a handful of Jedi would be capable of concealing themselves from Dooku. However, there weren't just 'a handful' of Jedi at the arena--- there were 200. Imo, there is no way that many Jedi(most of whom were no-name fodder, mind you) were so adept at masking their presence as to go unnoticed by a force-user as powerful as Dooku.

Yeah, I guess Dooku never bothered to develop his senses properly.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, good point there.

Even 200 strong ones doing it is a stretch, and 200 'whatever Jedi, masters, and padawans just happened to be available'? No way. Dooku had to have felt them.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Q99
Yea, good point there.

Even 200 strong ones doing it is a stretch, and 200 'whatever Jedi, masters, and padawans just happened to be available'? No way. Dooku had to have felt them.

He couldn't even feel Mace sneaking up on him. In Shatterpoint, he even laments that he should have been able to kill Dooku then and there.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 05:45 AM