KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Death Star delays

Death Star delays
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Death Star delays

I recently read an article by Dave Filoni, saying that by the time of Rebels, ( 5 years before Yavin), the Empire was still building the Death Star. That being said, it was complete in 0 BBY, and was already in construction around 19 BBY, as at the end of ROTS, Vader and Palpatine were observing its skeleton. The Death Star likely took 15-19 years to build. Yet 3 years later, the second death star was halfway done. How did they increase construction time that much?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

On an amusing side-note, I find it funny how each Death Star was destroyed earlier in it's construction than the previous one. Death Star I was complete and operational, Death Star II was incomplete but operational, and Death Star III wasn't even near being operational.

As far as we know there was a Death Star IV that had its plans destroyed before it had even begun to be built, and a Death Star V that only ever reached the conceptual stage before the person conceptualizing it was killed.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 04:19 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

I would guess one or both of:

They learned a lot while constructing the first that cut production time for the second.

They started building the second before the first was completed.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

They just advanced that much.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 06:03 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote