KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan - More famous then characters from the movies?

Revan - More famous then characters from the movies?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Revan - More famous then characters from the movies?

Has he gotten to the point that his fame as a Star Wars character is bigger then Obi-Wan, Anakin, or maybe even Yoda?

Could he be quite possibly the most FAMOUS CHARACTER IN STAR WARS HISTORY???? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BA--- I mean... uh...

What do you guys think?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 01:51 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Lol

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 01:59 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

nAAaaaaaaaahhhh

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:00 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Absolutely not.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:03 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Re: Revan - More famous then characters from the movies?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Has he gotten to the point that his fame as a Star Wars character is bigger then Obi-Wan, Anakin, or maybe even Yoda?

Could he be quite possibly the most FAMOUS CHARACTER IN STAR WARS HISTORY???? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BA--- I mean... uh...

What do you guys think?
No.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:08 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Maybe with the EU fans, but a majority of Star Wars fans have probably never heard of him.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:13 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I sincerely doubt that there are any EU fans who know of Revan but not, say, Vader, lol.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:15 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan is the most famous EU character (alongside Thrawn). I would put him up with second-tier movie characters in terms of fame.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Probably.

Who would you consider second tier?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:27 AM
red8

Originally posted by NemeBro
I sincerely doubt that there are any EU fans who know of Revan but not, say, Vader, lol.

True, but I'm sure there are quite a few that know Revan's feats and accolades but not Vader's.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:28 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Probably.

Who would you consider second tier?

Like Qui-Gon Jinn.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by red8
True, but I'm sure there are quite a few that know Revan's feats and accolades but not Vader's.

That's because Revan hardly has any, at least without combing. Most of his fans wouldn't know anything besides the fact that he's that gurl, cuz Revan was was "muh Revan," that walked into a bomb as it blew up and is powerfulz. Revanites are the absolute worst and most disgusting form of Star Wars fan there is, because they don't need to know a single thing about him.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 02:49 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Re: Revan - More famous then characters from the movies?

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by ares834
Lol

Originally posted by ILS
nAAaaaaaaaahhhh

Originally posted by carthage
Absolutely not.

No.

^ This.

In general popularity:

Vader > Sidious > Yoda > Kenobi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Revan

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 6th, 2014 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Which version of Kenobi?

And yeah Vader >> Sidious, that ugly old bastard's dry scrotum looking face doesn't look as appealing as Vader's occult mask of death

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Nov 6th, 2014 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 03:40 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Which version of Kenobi?

Old "I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" Kenobi

And yeah Vader >> Sidious, that ugly old bastard's dry scrotum looking face doesn't look as appealing as Vader's occult mask of death

True, Vader is the epitome of SW. Quintessential villain and bada$$.

Tbh neither Revan, nor any other EU character/rip-off (Vitiate) come even close to the iconic status that Vader or Sidious or Yoda enjoy.

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 6th, 2014 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Old "I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" Kenobi

He didn't become more "powerful" Vader shanked him and he became a Walmart bathrobe on the Deathstar floor

Sidious and Tempest are jealous because Vader has more emotional depth, has bad@$$ armor, and can collapse a cathedral. What has Sidious done to compare to the fawkin Chosen one?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 03:50 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

He didn't become more "powerful" Vader shanked him and he became a Walmart bathrobe on the Deathstar floor
haha true. I probably should have said Old "these aren't the droids you're looking for" Kenobi or Old "Use the force, Luke" Kenobi.

Kenobi's Walmart bathrobe still >>>>>>> Revan

Sidious and Tempest are jealous because Vader has more emotional depth, has bad@$$ armor, and can collapse a cathedral. What has Sidious done to compare to the fawkin Chosen one?

I long suspected that Gideon's Tempest's love for Sidious is primarily a reactionary response to how much better Vader is as a character. stick out tongue

But jokinhg aisde, Sidious is second, most probably

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:00 AM
ares834

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Like Qui-Gon Jinn.

Lol no. Hell, even Ackbar is far more well known than Revan.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:03 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Stigma
I long suspected that Gideon's Tempest's love for Sidious is primarily a reactionary response to how much better Vader is as a character. stick out tongue

But jokinhg aisde, Sidious is second, most probably

Yoda is way more popular than Sidious dude. As is Han and Luke.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:04 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Agreed on Han and Luke.

Yoda perhaps, they are interchangble in my order either way.

EDIT: for the moment I was thinking more of a SW villain, not all characters

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:07 AM