KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » TWC 2003 or 2008?

TWC 2003 or 2008?
Started by: Revanchiste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Revanchiste

TWC 2003 or 2008?

I watched this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHuJYAtKLWI
My reaction.

Because In the episode III there is Grievous who say to Obiwan Kenobi "You fool : Doku train me to your Jedi art" That's mean that's the first time they fight. And what happen in the 2008 TWC???? And also :
http://darthtemoc.deviantart.com/ar...sited-325956474 That's a ****ing good argument.

Don't care about stupid intrigue non canon and illogic story.... ANd childly thinking philosophy about SW universe..... Let's blow up everything yhea? Because the episode with R2D2 where good in the season five? No exept the time where we see a Commando !!! Gregor !!!

Your thinking here.. You oppinion... Let's go simple.

And they also try to match the prequel trilogy what they did well and that's a good thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGl6r5tQYPM
Did they ever watch an anime?
Because we don't care bout sympathique marine clone 2008 serie I want soldier perfect soldier who obey and die without question... Imperail guard with better train and gun !!!
Yhea spec ops training remember republic commando.. And in the republic commando novels they can speak in there helmet without be heard from the exterior..

Last edited by Revanchiste on Nov 16th, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Because there is Jarjar in TWC 2008 not in TWC 2003 !!!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

TCW 2008 > TCW 2003 IMO.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

All of it is terrible, but Grievous was a badass in the OCW

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 03:45 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

2008 was decent story-wise, 2003 was non-existent story-wise.

2003 had more entertaining action, 2008 butchered some of my favourite characters.

Toss up.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:54 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
2008 butchered some of my favourite characters.

Let me guess, Maul?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

And Grievous

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 05:22 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Windu in 2003 CW was cooler than ***** mode Windu in TcW imo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 05:24 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Although it's funny, they both got butchered in different ways. Maul's personality was the issue for me during TCW, as well as the lack of focus placed on martial arts skill during fights, although the latter is minor thing. Grievous' personality was still true to his original self from what I can tell, but as a combatant they changed him from a rage-filled, fearless warrior to a coward who uses underhanded tactics to gain an edge over opponents he should be beating by his own merit.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 05:26 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
Yeah. To be honest the OCW is an awesome visual source for how Force Users should fight. TCW is decent but it's not quite on-par in terms of the action sequences.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 05:27 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by ILS
Yeah. To be honest the OCW is an awesome visual source for how Force Users should fight.

Can't agree more.

I'm curious if the characters in the new movie will be really powerful like their EU versions or if we'll see humble duels and small rocks flying around via TK.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 06:47 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sinious
I'm curious if the characters in the new movie will be really powerful like their EU versions or if we'll see humble duels and small rocks flying around via TK.
Lol, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 06:52 AM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Dionysus
TCW 2008 > TCW 2003 IMO.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 08:43 AM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage

He had no personality in either.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 10:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

He doesn't need personality, he has a purple lightsaber.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Trocity
He doesn't need personality, he has a purple lightsaber.

Urrghh... Yuk.

Samuel L J could have asked for any color Lightsaber and he picked PURPLE.. WTF?

Now Pre-Vizsla's Dark Saber was a Bad Ass Lightsaber.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 03:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by ILS
Yeah. To be honest the OCW is an awesome visual source for how Force Users should fight. TCW is decent but it's not quite on-par in terms of the action sequences.

You think so?

The fight between Dooku and Kenobi&Skywalker in season 6 of TCW is hard to beat, IMO.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Agreed. There were so many great Lightsaber fights in TCW.

Dooku vs Nightsisters, Dooku vs Opress and Ventress.. Pretty much all the Darth Maul fights..

Fights against Mandalorians and Bounty Hunters were pretty awesome as well.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:18 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

TCW Darth Maul>CW 2003>>TCW 2008.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Urrghh... Yuk.

Samuel L J could have asked for any color Lightsaber and he picked PURPLE.. WTF?

Now Pre-Vizsla's Dark Saber was a Bad Ass Lightsaber.

He requested purple because every SLJ character needs something purple. It's not his fault you can't keep up with his SWAG.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 07:00 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote