KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The Old Republic canon or not?

Star Wars: The Old Republic canon or not?
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Star Wars: The Old Republic canon or not?

According to Bioware that hasn't been decided yet but absolutely nothing will change for them.

Source: http://www.gamefront.com/is-star-wa...non-ask-disney/

For me and any fan of the EU this could mean a lot. Is it possible that SWTOR along with all it's tie-ins and references to other works can become canon? Apparently it's a definite possibility and could result in huge things for Tales of the Jedi, Knights of the Old Republic and SWTOR itself going forward.

Perhaps just as important is that Ol' Georgie himself seems much more involved with the EU than he likes to admit.

Thoughts?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 09:27 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

If Disney say non canon I just say :
Official or not that's commercial bullshit.

Remember about my topic... About the canon....

We are the fan they are the dumb commercial. We decide what's canon or not !!!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 10:26 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Anything like that comes under Legends at best- but it's so detached from main continuity anyway, it doesn't matter.

Disney isn't going to make it part of their continuity; it will be left to itself. Which won't stop them importing new-canon elements- I bet we see new sabre styles...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 29th, 2014 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 10:39 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nope. Disney has straight up said the EU is non-canon. Perhaps they could recanonize TOR in time, but I highly doubt it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 03:50 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The EU yes however SWTOR is a special case.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 03:54 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Disney has said nothing to suggest that.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 03:55 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Bioware themselves said they don't know if it is canon or not they haven't received word.

All currently releasing star wars content is canon and SWTOR is releasing new content all the time.

Read the article, nothing has changed for them unlike every other piece of EU.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 03:59 PM
ares834

Thats just the interviewee being a dumbass. They have said it's non-canon right here.

"Nothing has changed" for them, in that they can continue to create their stories and make money. Just as Disney will continue to publish legends books and comics.

So until something definitively comes out to say it's canon, it's not.

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 29th, 2014 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 04:02 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

It's officially a part of the EU, per Disney. EA has the license to make all Star Wars games into the near future, yes. That doesn't mean this product made before the new canon policy falls under the same umbrella just because new content is being made now.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 11:30 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

I'd really like to know as well. It has to be non-canon because if it is canon, it will destroy the clean new continuity that Disney struggled to make.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Considering how much it references other EU stuff, probably Legends.

Basically if it's canon, then things like KotoR 1 and 2, the Dark Jedi from the Hundred Years Darkness, and a lot more are all pseudo-canon since they get mentioned.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Does they have the power to decide? I mean they have so many stupids things !

Imagine a dirigent who send to death 95421364 people by a very poor decision.. If he remade it again? Do you follow his order?

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF COURRRSSSEEE NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

Same thing here It as been a long time than the canonisation is made the fans !!!

I mean if you just say non canon because there is just a mistake you erase 78% of the EU.... But that's not so simple you have to make compromosie : Half canon, alternates versions...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 10:23 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 10:54 AM
Revanchiste

key board device problème I'm usivg avirtual keyboard i will peaps use sms. R u o;k 4that?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 02:48 PM
Darth Thor

I see people still have trouble accepting that all of the EU (Pre-Rebels) is not canon.

Official canon can however draw on any of that stuff.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 03:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Official canon can however draw on any of that stuff.
I've always found this funny.

"Nah the EU isn't real, just a parallel universe. I don't get too involved with any of that.

Ooooh but I like that saberstaff! I'll take one of those please!"

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 03:12 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I've always found this funny.

"Nah the EU isn't real, just a parallel universe. I don't get too involved with any of that.

Ooooh but I like that saberstaff! I'll take one of those please!"

Or, y'know, Darth Bane.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Lucas was actually the one who came up with Darth Bane.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote