KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 'Being too quick' is a bad thing ?

'Being too quick' is a bad thing ?
Started by: Marco1907

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

'Being too quick' is a bad thing ?

''Maul had fought his Master many times, starting when he was little more than a child and continuing through his apprenticeship. His body bore innumerable scars from those duels—lessons in the peril of being too slow or too quick, too weak or too distracted. During Maul’s apprenticeship he had always known that Sidious had been willing to kill him. The Sith had not survived their centuries of exile by being sentimental, and a student who couldn’t stand against his Master in a mere training exercise was worse than useless—he was a waste of valuable resources better used elsewhere.''

--Shadow Conspiracy

Apparently, being ''too quick'' is not always a good thing in duels, so it comes to balance and good timing, not being blatantly fast.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Yeah, it is. Making hasty strikes would disrupt the form sequence I would think. Not to mention if you're too fast you'd tire out fast.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Another bad thing for Kit Fisto tbh, speed was the only advantage of his.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If you get too much momentum going in the wrong direction, that could be a mistake, because the inertia would prevent you from changing altering the direction of your strike.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"Darth Maul vs. Kit Fisto :: Winner: Kit Fisto :: Despite Maul's relentless and frantic attacks, Kit Fisto keeps his cool and wears his opponent down."
--Star Wars: Head to Head

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

This is not talking about speed overall, but speed during specific moments. Being hasty is bad, but overall speed is not

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:30 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"Darth Maul vs. Kit Fisto :: Winner: Kit Fisto :: Despite Maul's relentless and frantic attacks, Kit Fisto keeps his cool and wears his opponent down."

That's ****ing stupid lol

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Emperordmb
That's ****ing stupid lol

http://beckermayer.com/wp-content/u...-1383093560.jpg
Qui-Gon Jinn>Darth Maul>Yoda>Darth Vader. Accept it, Emperordmb.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: 'Being too quick' is a bad thing ?

Originally posted by Marco1907
''Maul had fought his Master many times, starting when he was little more than a child and continuing through his apprenticeship. His body bore innumerable scars from those duels—lessons in the peril of being too slow or too quick, too weak or too distracted. During Maul’s apprenticeship he had always known that Sidious had been willing to kill him. The Sith had not survived their centuries of exile by being sentimental, and a student who couldn’t stand against his Master in a mere training exercise was worse than useless—he was a waste of valuable resources better used elsewhere.''

--Shadow Conspiracy

Apparently, being ''too quick'' is not always a good thing in duels, so it comes to balance and good timing, not being blatantly fast.

If you uze yuyo form VII wich iz related to the primitivz of tiger technic ---> no cat miming etc ztrong and violent attackz uze in a precize combo to control adverzary moove each moove feint etc make teh combo perfect. But Like yuyo the technic require an high level of mental focuzing and a lot of ztamina, I've zeen one guy in india or in Thaďland (don't remember) learning thoze technic in ancient templez, and he where uzing them at the 3r round of each box mach and it waz zo bad azz... I recognize in hiz ztyle zome kind of Kalaripayat but in a more methal form....
Well humhum... To come back to our problem.
If your realize teh combo too fazt.. You lozt your adverzary you ztop controlling hiz moovez.

But No problem with zpeed if go like mandalorian war Revan/Ulic Qeldroma

I think than zometimez making connection with real martial art iz a good thing to underztand...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

http://beckermayer.com/wp-content/u...-1383093560.jpg
Qui-Gon Jinn>Darth Maul>Yoda>Darth Vader. Accept it, Emperordmb.

XD Now put Zidiouz team 1.

Ztate go 200/20 quazi every where and now put Revan you obtain the zame rezult....
Revan have 245697 zepcial moove where zidiouz have only 100 000

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree being too quick is a bad thing. I can last about 7 seconds.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 09:08 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Form VII V.Z form I..Humhum Form VII iz juzt the upper verzion of form I....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 09:42 PM
Revanchiste

Originally posted by psmith81992
I agree being too quick is a bad thing. I can last about 7 seconds.

But I have brought an explanation.... (Anwzer it depend on your ztyle.)

And I have an other one -- Ztamina economy....

Light ztyle and heavy ztyle.... Well I think I found a third explanation.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 09:43 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Give it a rest Marco, lol.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 09:45 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

If you don't wait for your chance, you could overextend or make a strike too predictable and easy to block. It's not speed itself that's bad, but jumping to the wrong moves.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Speedblitzing really does not suit for Star Wars universe, we should call it saberblitz. Clearly being too fast / quick is not a good thing in duel, you need skill more than pure speed to beat your enemy,

That is why I called Grievous vs. Maul is the only speedblitz since Maul just blatantly jumps on him with sheer strength.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 02:37 PM
Darth Thor

^ Which is exactly why Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon doing a superfast sprint at the beginning of TPM, and many Jedi/Sith doing super fast leaps and summersaults, in no way means that Jedi/Sith move that fast in actual combat..

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Originally posted by Marco1907
Speedblitzing really does not suit for Star Wars universe, we should call it saberblitz. Clearly being too fast / quick is not a good thing in duel, you need skill more than pure speed to beat your enemy,

That is why I called Grievous vs. Maul is the only speedblitz since Maul just blatantly jumps on him with sheer strength.

But having both iz a great advantage learn the technic at normal zpeed and the uze force zpeed at phyzical and mental level. That'z what Ulic and Mandalorian war Revan doez and that'z effectiv....

The equilibre between phyzical abilitiez/zkillz require to win depend on the fighting ztyle employed by you and your ennemy.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:13 PM
WildBantha88

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Which is exactly why Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon doing a superfast sprint at the beginning of TPM, and many Jedi/Sith doing super fast leaps and summersaults, in no way means that Jedi/Sith move that fast in actual combat..
except they actually do, and this thread is stupid. The quote was about jumping the gun and not waiting for an opening, being "too quick". Not speed overall. That is like saying the Flash sucks because he is too quick. Speed in general is a good thing, Idk what Marco is thinking right now

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 12:36 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's quite simple really.

Vader is slow robot man who can't compete with speedy beings like Dooku and Maul.

Sidious is an overexcited old man who gets his torso kicked for being too reckless with his speed.

Maul is the perfect middle ground. He's not too fast but not too slow either, and that's why he will always reign supreme.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 01:25 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote