KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?

Overrated/Underrated?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Over 27 67.50%
Under 13 32.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?

Make your cases.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 03:57 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vitiate sucks ass

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:03 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

quote:
Me
Make your cases.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Vitiate sucks ass

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:04 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Over, Vitiate is fine and powerful. But some just put him on a place that he doesn't belong.

More to that, why is it such a big deal anyway? He's powerful, so there's no need to try and make him something that he isn't.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Over, Vitiate is fine and powerful. But some just put him on a place that he doesn't belong.

More to that, why is it such a big deal anyway? He's powerful, so there's no need to try and make him something that he isn't.

Same can be said for Luke.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:22 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

You've already made a thread addressing that subject. What about Vitiate?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:23 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by The_Tempest
You've already made a thread addressing that subject. What about Vitiate?

I am slowly but surely trying to make a realistic assessment of all well-known powerful Star Wars characters, avoiding all FANON hype in the process. This will take some time, but I hope that fans will find such assessment useful in the long-run and rationality will replace FANON hype in debates.

However, their will be those who would still roll their eyes. And nothing can be done about them.

As for the topic, Vitiate is underrated.

An interesting revelation though: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: nothing matches Bedlam spirits.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 13th, 2015 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:28 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Originally posted by ILS
Vitiate sucks ass

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:34 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Not sure where you're going with this. Luke is fine where he's at.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by ILS
Vitiate sucks ass

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Not sure where you're going with this. Luke is fine where he's at.

The (realistic) Luke is fallible and may loose in fights against other immensely powerful opponents. However, (Fanon) Luke just solos virtually every opponent and manipulates real black holes in debates. This is the difference.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 04:50 PM
The_Tempest

The (realistic) Luke is fallible and may loose in fights against other immensely powerful opponents. However, (Fanon) Luke just solos virtually every opponent and manipulates real black holes in debates. This is the difference.

no expression

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 06:17 PM
Dominis

Exactly.

He's easily one of the most powerful sith in the mythos. After Sidious, he holds the best hype and accolades, and he has a very impressive combat feat: taking out a groups of powerful jedi with a powerful storm of lightning, which is his best feat on record as far as I know. However, placing him on par with Sidious, is vastly overrating him. Sidious has far more impressive and consistent combat feats against more powerful force users that were done with far greater ease than Vitiate's best combat showing. Even as of ROTS, Sidious is noticeably more powerful than Vitiate. As of DE, Sidious is far more powerful.

There's no reason to assume Vitiate is on par with Sidious. No, Sidious can't ragdoll Vitiate, and Vitiate would put up quite a challenge in a force contest, IMO, but there is a gap between them. And if Sidious were to close in on him, he'd annihilate Vitiate with ease.

My answer to this thread is Obvious. I believe that just by placing him on par with Sidious is overrating him. A feat to feat comparison, Sidious has him beat solidly. DE Sidious makes Vitiate look like a mere child playing around with rituals to pull off feats that are less potent than feats Sidious can pull off with mere thoughts which come from Sidious's own natural power, without aid. In terms of accolades and hype, Sidious has him beat there pretty solidly as well.

Someone please make a case for Vitiate, because I'm not seeing why people place him higher than he is.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

You've made your case, my son. Well done.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 06:37 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Exactly.

He's easily one of the most powerful sith in the mythos. After Sidious, he holds the best hype and accolades, and he has a very impressive combat feat: taking out a groups of powerful jedi with a powerful storm of lightning, which is his best feat on record as far as I know. However, placing him on par with Sidious, is vastly overrating him. Sidious has far more impressive and consistent combat feats against more powerful force users that were done with far greater ease than Vitiate's best combat showing. Even as of ROTS, Sidious is noticeably more powerful than Vitiate. As of DE, Sidious is far more powerful.

There's no reason to assume Vitiate is on par with Sidious. No, Sidious can't ragdoll Vitiate, and Vitiate would put up quite a challenge in a force contest, IMO, but there is a gap between them. And if Sidious were to close in on him, he'd annihilate Vitiate with ease.

My answer to this thread is Obvious. I believe that just by placing him on par with Sidious is overrating him. A feat to feat comparison, Sidious has him beat solidly. DE Sidious makes Vitiate look like a mere child playing around with rituals to pull off feats that are less potent than feats Sidious can pull off with mere thoughts which come from Sidious's own natural power, without aid. In terms of accolades and hype, Sidious has him beat there pretty solidly as well.

Someone please make a case for Vitiate, because I'm not seeing why people place him higher than he is.

Very nice, S66. thumb up Reading your posts is always a pleasure.

I am of opinion that also Plagueis and Caedus should be placed above Vitiate, especially concerning combat.

Other potential candidates are Nihilus (for N.'s fanbois) or Kun (for Kun's fanbois) or perhaps Krayt etc.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Sheer feats wise, Palpatine (DE) have most impressive showings in the entire mythos. I don't see why only known feats are being considered for evaluation here.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:10 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Underrated.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Make your case, b1tch. Right now, S66 is mushroom tapping the hell out of you.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:22 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by ILS
Vitiate sucks ass

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Sheer feats wise, Palpatine (DE) have most impressive showings in the entire mythos. I don't see why only known feats are being considered for evaluation here.

Don't worry. Palpatine has also better hype, and as of RotS. thumb up

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:28 PM