KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan: Temple of Sacrifice Hardmode

Revan: Temple of Sacrifice Hardmode
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan: Temple of Sacrifice Hardmode

Revan is insane in HM. The best stuff:
(0:09): Revan hurls a lot of large rocks.
(0:15): Revan uses Essence Corruption.
(0:18): Revan displays skill in Force Wield.
(0:27): Revan unleashes a "trail of agony."
(1:44): Revan obliterates many large rocks.
(3:41): Spirit Revan lifts a massive walkway.
(4:51): Revan forms deadly Force Aberrations.
(6:02): Revan uses Force Teleporation to move.
(6:50): Revan makes an insane Force Barrier.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

HM ain't canon m8

Hell, game mechanics aren't even canon.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

All of this is canon, and game mechankcs are canon

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Hardmode might be canon, it might not, but you're definitely high.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 10:42 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Unfortunately not:

"C-canon is Continuity canon: consisting of materials from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon."

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Until a version of the mission is officially established, may that be the standard version or not, I really don't care. And thats probably, definitely, never going to happen anyway. The point is Revan can do it, not that he did.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 10:54 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Bioware already said they want story mode operations to be easy for the specific reason that people should see the storyline, hard mode was never supposed to be the actual continuity and taking HM as canon just so you can wank off your favorite characters more is pathetic.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 10:55 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Pfft, you'd do it if Surik opened a wormhole, went back in time, and killed Vitiate. Everyone wants their favorite character to be capable. As for HM being canon, there's a difference between wanting someone to see the story, and Revan using certain powers not being a part of that story just because of difficulty. What you describe is more akin to the operation being easy so the player can get through the story and see the cutscenes, not the scripted fights. As long as it's scripted, no one should care. That being said, this doesn't really change anything.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 11:02 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
Unfortunately not:

"C-canon is Continuity canon: consisting of materials from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon."

I lost all respect for you quoting Wikiepedia.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Selenial, stop embarrassing yourself BTW. I no where stated I considered HM canon in any way, shape, or form, nor did I even imply such.
That being said, the only feat I will use here is also in SM where Spirit Revan lifts that huge ass walkway despite being far weaker in spirit form.
(please log in to view the image)
I also obviously am using Revan's Force Wield ability in SM too. I'm still debating if I should include his Force Aberrations seen in SM as well, not sure.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 11:48 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Gameplay isn't canon only in the sense that plot progression and how the story can unfold can occur in many random ways where declaring any one canon in the sense the events happened would be bullshit.

Kind of baffling how star wars fans seem to be incapable of understanding that, just because an event doesn't necessarily need to occur in the timeline, doesn't mean that the power or ability that was programmed wasn't an accurate depiction of a given character's powers an abilities.

Think Bayonetta. From what I've heard, you canonically have to throw Jubileus into the Sun or whatever the hell. That said, you can apparently screw this up while playing and accidentally throw the character into a planet, destroying it. This causes a game over. It's clearly a non canon event, but is it not still an accurate portrayal of the feat's power? With the same throw you either get Jubileus to hit the sun or cause the planet to explode, the latter being a fairly accurate depiction of how powerful the throw is into the sun. :hmm

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 11:52 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

No, please, spare me of mentions of how lightsabers don't behave accurately in game play (namely where limbs aren't missing and torsos aren't bisected) as some form of weak rebuttal... given you're forgetting where even in your vaunted cutscenes they fail to behave accurately

Or do I need to remind you that Vitiate hugged the Hero of Tython's lightsaber and found himself entirely intact :maybe

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 12:05 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Gameplay isn't canon only in the sense that plot progression and how the story can unfold can occur in many random ways where declaring any one canon in the sense the events happened would be bullshit.

Kind of baffling how star wars fans seem to be incapable of understanding that, just because an event doesn't necessarily need to occur in the timeline, doesn't mean that the power or ability that was programmed wasn't an accurate depiction of a given character's powers an abilities.

Think Bayonetta. From what I've heard, you canonically have to throw Jubileus into the Sun or whatever the hell. That said, you can apparently screw this up while playing and accidentally throw the character into a planet, destroying it. This causes a game over. It's clearly a non canon event, but is it not still an accurate portrayal of the feat's power? With the same throw you either get Jubileus to hit the sun or cause the planet to explode, the latter being a fairly accurate depiction of how powerful the throw is into the sun. :hmm

thumb up

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 03:44 PM