KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Killing Terentatek with the Force

Killing Terentatek with the Force
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Killing Terentatek with the Force

These little bastards are incredibly force resistant and all

I imagine that would mean it'd be a mean feat to put one down with the force, right?

How seriously do you all take the TOR class trailers then anyway?

What's it say about killing one with the Force when it looks like the Sith Inquisitor can do it from the get go (without his force walking from what I can tell)? :hmm

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:35 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I suspect Nox previously severely injured the Terentatek via his lightsaber, then came in for the 1% HP closer with lightning. wink (I don't take TOR class trailers canon though).

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I suspect Nox previously severely injured the Terentatek via his lightsaber, then came in for the 1% HP closer with lightning. wink

Unlike my analogy yesterday, HP would be a game mechanic :maybe

That said, this looks more like a cinematic, and there's no jump cut to insinuate any combat in between the Terentatek's emergence and Lightning putting it down occurred.

And that's fair enough if so about the trailers, just humor the premise as if it does portray it accurately for a bit :maybe

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:41 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Unlike my analogy yesterday, HP would be a game mechanic :maybe

That said, this looks more like a cinematic, and there's no jump cut to insinuate any combat in between the Terentatek's emergence and Lightning putting it down occurred.

It was a joke. no expression I don't take the trailers canon, lol.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:47 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It was a joke. no expression I don't take the trailers canon, lol.

I got that

Hence my continued use of :maybe

And I saw that too, I just felt like seeing if you'd humor me and give an answer as if you do if you felt like doing so

Not like you're obligated :maybe

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:49 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It would indicate Nox is incredibly powerful.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I knew that much

Was sort of hoping for some connect the dots though :maybe

Ah well, if the topic doesn't really interest you enough to go any further, not like I can force you to think on it harder

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:17 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

What dots?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Nephthys
What dots?

It's my way of asking

Who can and can't replicate this? Or is there not enough information in the mythos for direct comparisons (which is possible, given I hardly know of every appearance of this species myself)?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:26 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nox's raw Force power probably clocks up in front of basically everyone sans the Luke and Anakin duo, TBH.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:28 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Force-resistant beasts don't make any sense in the first place. How would that even work?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:37 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Thousands of years of constant exposure to dark side energies should do the trick. wink
Add that onto it was probably a natural adaptation for their prey: powerful Force-sensitives.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:40 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

That doesn't answer my question. Even Force sensitives aren't protected against the Force unless trained to shield themselves.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:41 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Well it is the hide of the Terenatek that makes it Force-resistant, which would be an animal adaptation, similar to some of the strange shit we see on Earth.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:44 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

More specifically, the Terentateks were a product of selective breeding and Sith Alchemy. So it's not even raw evolution at work here. They were specifically bred by the Sith to have that adaptation.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:47 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

How could a living creature's meat be resistant to the life force of the universe?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:48 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by NewGuy01
How could a living creature's meat be resistant to the life force of the universe?

Hell if I know

It happened though

Feel free to fret over the how, doesn't really change much though given both the creature and energy source is fictional

The rules by which they exist can pretty much be made up on the fly with no rhyme or reason

Have fun sifting through the contradictions :maybe

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:52 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01

Because ball is life. Duh.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:57 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Special traits in the force sometimes pop up evolutionarily in species, both sentient (Hutts, Toydarians, etc.) and nonsentient creatures (Vornskrs, Ysalamiri, Taozin, etc.). If these traits can occur in a species naturally, than with selective breeding and Sith alchemy (which can grow this ****in thing: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb..._of_Sith%29.JPG), it's actually very plausible.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Killing Terentatek with the Force

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
These little bastards are incredibly force resistant and all

I imagine that would mean it'd be a mean feat to put one down with the force, right?

How seriously do you all take the TOR class trailers then anyway?

What's it say about killing one with the Force when it looks like the Sith Inquisitor can do it from the get go (without his force walking from what I can tell)? :hmm

Perhaps we should intepret that as sith magic.....

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 06:03 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote