KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Legends Banner on Movie Novelizations?

Legends Banner on Movie Novelizations?
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Legends Banner on Movie Novelizations?

Is that a thing?

Google image search isn't exactly coming up with anything, nor is amazon

Though Amazon is missing the Legends banners on covers of things that should be "Legends" anyway at this time :hmm

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 09:47 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I recall reading somewhere that the novelizations are still canon.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Novels are still canon.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 01:10 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Novels are still canon.

No disney is like ankama with the randomness of their own game dofus...
They are extremists...

They have said than this wasn't canon because it was just an false interpretations of the moovie !

But that's doesn't mean than they are true...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Leland Chee said something along the lines that the novels are still canon except the contradicted/retconned stuff within the novels. I don't know.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 03:48 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Leland Chee said something along the lines that the novels are still canon except the contradicted/retconned stuff within the novels. I don't know.

It's just so odd with that tbh. :/ I mean scenes that weren't in the movies or changed in the novels, ok fine sure, will take that.

But the context within the fights and bits in scenes that are seen on screen and told in the novel, kinda throw me off. I mean would the context be canon? Or not?

If not, it just seems pointless to make the novels canon. I tried asking once, but never did get a full answer from Lee.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Zenwolf
It's just so odd with that tbh. :/ I mean scenes that weren't in the movies or changed in the novels, ok fine sure, will take that.

But the context within the fights and bits in scenes that are seen on screen and told in the novel, kinda throw me off. I mean would the context be canon? Or not?

If not, it just seems pointless to make the novels canon. I tried asking once, but never did get a full answer from Lee.
I don't see why the context within the fights would be considered non-canon.

Maybe they can just edit out the contradictions and non-canon stuff? I doubt it would change the quality of the novels themselves.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 05:07 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I don't see why the context within the fights would be considered non-canon.

Maybe they can just edit out the contradictions and non-canon stuff? I doubt it would change the quality of the novels themselves.

I was thinking along the same lines, but then people say that if it didn't show/appear in the movies, then the context is not canon. So that's why I'm kinda confused about it...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 05:15 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I guess we just have to try and get Leland to comment on this issue again. What he said wasn't very clear.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 05:21 PM
Revanchiste

For one contradiction disney can make the all novelisation non canon like they did with ToR....

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote