KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Does anyone have a quote regarding the firepower of a Star Destroyer...

Does anyone have a quote regarding the firepower of a Star Destroyer...
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

Does anyone have a quote regarding the firepower of a Star Destroyer...

Basically how a single Star Destroyer can melt the crust of a planet in a glorious hour. Anyone know if that exists or something similar?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 05:01 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Here's something that is similar.

quote:
Imperial Star Destroyers are capable of delivering precise orbital strikes destroying only a small section of a planet. As well as delivering bombardments that wipe out all life and industry on a world.

- Taken from Starships of the Galaxy.

Among other info, the Star Destroyer is one of the best capital ships in Star Wars.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 18th, 2015 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I heard it only takes one Destroyer to execute Base Delta Zero. I don't remember where I heard it, though.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:16 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I heard it only takes one Destroyer to execute Base Delta Zero. I don't remember where I heard it, though.

Yeah, it only takes one.

quote:
The Imperial Star Destroyer has enough firepower to reduce a civilized world to slag or take on a fleet of lesser enemy vessels.

- Taken from Imperial Sourcebook 2nd

ISDs are just in general very awesome ships.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Does anyone have a quote regarding the firepower of a Star Destroyer...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
Basically how a single Star Destroyer can melt the crust of a planet in a glorious hour. Anyone know if that exists or something similar?

Needn't a quote play X-Wing alliance, or Empire at war force of corruption canon mod !
Vidéo game can be good sources sometimes....

True Zenwolf...
But I prefer test them in action or look at their max firepower max shield power etc numbers are more reliable than quotes...

Technology versus series are really different compare to the classic one trust me...
This is not really a question of quote or feat most of the time...

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 18th, 2015 at 02:38 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Obviously, but this isn't a VS thread. This is asking about the capabilities of an ISD...which I provided and since Merchant asked for quote, I gave one so...there ya go.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:16 PM
Revanchiste

I was telling this to her actualy.. Or him.. Since his/her gender is unspecified.

Since you can in an official wiki have the dimension and all the characteristics of any ships..... This not really difficults and many star war RP are using them....

This is just and advise... Not for you Zen.

One destroyeur can only in theory make a base delta 0.
If the planet have orbital defenses diverse plannetary gun it's over !
If the planet have shield generator too...
And and it take time to wipe out an entire planet with just only one.... It take an entire rotation or 2. It work only if the planet in question is heavly fortified with ground forces..... And because it wipe out evrything it better be woth of it if you use such tactic...

Better send an arma of them.... You can pierce shield. destroy the defenceses much quicker and continue the battle with less causalities if the target posses some plannetary gun...

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 18th, 2015 at 07:22 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote