KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Rebels is better then Star Wars the clone wars?

Star Wars Rebels is better then Star Wars the clone wars?
Started by: RexCloneWarsMVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Star Wars Rebels is better then Star Wars the clone wars?

I think Star Wars rebels might become better then the clone wars really soon, well fist off Star Wars rebels season 1 was way better then the first 3 seasons of Star Wars the clone wars, it took about 3 seasons and half of season 4 for the clone wars to be great, it took rebels 2 episodes to beat the shit out of season 1 2 3 and half of season 4 of TCW, season 2 looks really promising considering we have ahsoka and vader, and maybe Cade, boba, and rex in later episodes of this season, the characters are also WAY better then the cast of TCW, in the first 3 seasons, Anakin was a care free idiot with no sign of his corruption, ahsoka was a whiny annoying little ****, obi wan was arrogant and all he did was say dumb banter to Grievous, Ventress, and satine In the first 3 seasons, Captain Rex was basically a droid with no emotion that barely talked in the first several seasons, and all the characters were 2 dimension kids show idiots, in rebels, everyone has a good personality and a good story, as well as a very good love relationship heheh ❤️❤️Ezra and Sabine❤️❤️ The animation is also INCREDIBLY better as well as the graphics, in the clone wars everyone looked like some blocky action figure and in the 1st season the animation looked like a halfassed youtube Star Wars stopmotion, the villains are also way better (ahem, inquisitor, kallus, Tarkin) in the first season of rebels then season 1 2 and 3 of TCW.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 01:41 AM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Nah, late TCW animation was vastly better, just look at the last episode of Season 6.

It has potential, but it's much more restricted than TCW just because of the timeframe really.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 01:50 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah, late TCW animation was vastly better, just look at the last episode of Season 6.

It has potential, but it's much more restricted than TCW just because of the timeframe really.
I'm talking about the first 3 seasons of TCW bro.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 01:53 AM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ah yeah, I wasn't fond of the first three seasons either. It had it's moments, but so far Rebels has had a better start for the most part.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 03:34 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'd agree Rebels > TCW.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 03:35 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Later seasons of TCW is clearly superior to Rebels, but I'd agree Rebels is > the first couple seasons of TCW.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 03:37 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nope. Rebels > Any season of TCW.

TCW had some great episodes/arcs, some admittedly better than anything Rebels has done so far. But the disjointed nature of the show and the bad arcs (and every season had some absolutely terrible arcs) makes it a weaker show.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 03:45 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I disagree. I personally didn't mind the arc format. It gave us the ability to focus on different characters and the other goings on during the Clone Wars. It's just a matter of preference, really.

Season 3 and 4 of TCW are easily better seasons than season 1 of Rebels. Easily. The only really bad arcs/episodes of season 4 was that stupid R2/3PO episodes where they travel around or whatever. The Mon Cala arc was mediocre at worst. And I don't really remember any really bad episodes in Season 3 of TCW. Compare to Rebels, the whole half season of season 1 was mediocre, at least in my opinion.

I'll concede that the first half of Season 5 of TCW kinda sucked, though.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:18 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Season 3 was awful... The Mandalore arc, the Padme arc, and the Mortis arc (first episode was bad ass the other two sucked). Not to mention a few of the single episodes were pretty bad like Supply Lines. The Savage arc was admittedly great and the Citadel arc was fun but the rest was pretty bad.

Season 4 was decent but yeah it had some horrible arcs as well like Mon Cala and the droid arc along and the rest were pretty much middling. I also hated that first episode of the Maul arc. Absolute trash.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:33 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

On a completely unrelated note, is this who I think it is? If so, wb.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:35 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

I agree that each season had horrible and amazing story arcs, like the umbara arc in season 4 (amazing) the ahsoka arc in season 5 (amazing) the mortis arc (season 3) the geonosis arc (season 2) and cloak of darkness from season 1, and the fives arc from season 6. But the season finale of Star Wars rebels and "path of the jedi" beat every single episode the clone wars ever had

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:39 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I don't see how the Mandalore arc or the Padme arcs were terrible. They weren't great either, but I think they were nice. For me, the first two Mortis episodes were really good, but the third one was pretty lame. Supply Lines was forgettable, though, yeah. I think season 3 all around was good for the most part. I don't think any of the episodes were terrible.

The Mon Cala arc was a bit boring, and the droid arc was just flat out bad. Whoever wrote that episode deserves to be set aflame.

The Umbara arc, Kadavo slave arc, the Obi-Wan/Bounty Hunter arc completely blows anything we've seen from Rebels out of the water, though. The Umbara arc particularly.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:44 AM
ares834

Umbara was great, yes. But I wasn't blow away by the other two though. In fact, I'm kinda fuzzy on both suggesting they were merely decent or, at best, good.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:50 AM
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't see how the Mandalore arc or the Padme arcs were terrible. They weren't great either, but I think they were nice. For me, the first two Mortis episodes were really good, but the third one was pretty lame. Supply Lines was forgettable, though, yeah. I think season 3 all around was good for the most part. I don't think any of the episodes were terrible.

The Mon Cala arc was a bit boring, and the droid arc was just flat out bad. Whoever wrote that episode deserves to be set aflame.

The Umbara arc, Kadavo slave arc, the Obi-Wan/Bounty Hunter arc completely blows anything we've seen from Rebels out of the water, though. The Umbara arc particularly.
rebels will NEVER get as good as the umbara storyline, probably not even the geonosis storyline

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:51 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
On a completely unrelated note, is this who I think it is? If so, wb.

That's what I was thinking too.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 06:59 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Rebels do less worse things but in my opinion it's not doing so great...
TWC was pointlless in devlopping them or make the story evolve.. That's insulting when you know than they had more time than the microseries and then the micro series did more with less dialogs retcons etc....
The action scene still fun.. But that's all.. And damn the show could be even better if it wasn't canon !!! I've contacted a crittic, he give TWC 2008 5/10.....
With Rebels the only thing great about it is the character... But this a rip off... So... No creativity here...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 09:37 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

guys you realize that they are made by the exact same people. Saying that "Rebels animation is better than TCW" is redundant because it is literally the same animation team and to be frank if there is a difference in animation its so small that its hardly noticable

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:50 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Yep same guys....
There is a difference at the begining Rebels have this old RPG style at the begining.... There is less action and les mistakes.....

We cannot congrat them for the character dev.. Coz ---> Ripp off...
Al the good point of the series came from the novel....

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by WildBantha88
guys you realize that they are made by the exact same people. Saying that "Rebels animation is better than TCW" is redundant because it is literally the same animation team and to be frank if there is a difference in animation its so small that its hardly noticable

Are you kidding me right now?

(please log in to view the image)

No difference at all.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 05:53 PM
ares834

Wow. Obi-Wan looks way better in Rebels. Too bad the rest of the animations wasn't always on par with that (those damn Wookiees...).

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 06:49 PM