KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Galen Marek's/Starkiller's lightsaber mastery

Galen Marek's/Starkiller's lightsaber mastery
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Galen Marek's/Starkiller's lightsaber mastery

So... I was just wondering, where should we rank Galen Marek's lightsaber mastery. How good duelist is he?

Please provide an exemplary tier where he belongs to. For example: he is in the same tier as Fisto, Kolar etc.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Top tier 7 at the very least imho.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He is stated to have been 'trained to near perfection.' in lightsaver combat by Darth Vader personally and he proves it when he successfully deflects and blocks Vader's all-out offensive early in the novel.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 02:58 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Galen claims later on in the novel that Vader held back during their early sessions, so it wasn't all-out. Galen had speed, knowledge of Vader's form, and Force abuse to aid him in defeating Vader.

In raw skill, Galen is hardly very impressive. He has some hype from the databank but it's not reliable if you look at his track record.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 10:25 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vader had better knowledge of his form than vice versa tbh

Old Post May 1st, 2015 11:54 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That was never stated in the novel, and it's pretty illogical that it wasn't, but there was seemingly a big deal out of Galen knowing Vader's form.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 12:06 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Funny, cause in the game, Marek, almost killed him, and while there are doubts for Sidious, you can't say Marek didn't almost kill him, he sabered his helmet off and force-pushed him through a window.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 1st, 2015 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
lightsaver

Made me cringe so hard.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Funny, cause in the game, Marek, almost killed him, and while there are doubts for Sidious, you can't say Marek didn't almost kill him, he sabered his helmet off and force-pushed him through a window.

Well according to Sam Witwer, the plans for TFU3 were for Vader to show his true power and completely batter Starkiller.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SunRazer
That was never stated in the novel, and it's pretty illogical that it wasn't, but there was seemingly a big deal out of Galen knowing Vader's form.

I don't see why it would need to be stated, Vader literally taught Galen to duel. Obviously he knows his techniques and style inside and out. Meanwhile, Vader held his own skills and true ability back from Marek.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well according to Sam Witwer, the plans for TFU3 were for Vader to show his true power and completely batter Starkiller.

Quote? I'm genuinely interested.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 1st, 2015 08:04 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So I take it in TFU 3 you play as Vader? Would have liked that.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

That would've been magical.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 08:32 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Probably low or mid tier 7, he's better than Darth Zannah, Kao Cen Darach, and maybe Adi Gallia- but probably beneath Kyle Katarn, Aryn Leneer, Sora Bulq, and definitely not tier 8 material

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 10th, 2015 12:04 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'd put him well above all of those TBH. At the end of the game he can out duel Vader.

Old Post May 10th, 2015 12:10 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Is the fight depicted in the novel differently than the game?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 10th, 2015 12:42 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yep.

Old Post May 10th, 2015 01:09 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote