KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dark Reaper?

Dark Reaper?
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Dark Reaper?

Having never played the game it's featured in?

Figure one of you could be kind of enough to link me to clips of its feats?

Kind of curious about shit like that drain and destruction of that Kashyyyk moon forest :hmm

That and scenes where its active and Anakin is shown resisting its effects

I'm aware of how he does it (something about drawing from the Force in nature around him, right?), just curious how it looks for context sake :hmm

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 01:21 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I've played it, I actually have it lying around somewhere.

Anakin's fight against the Reaper:

Harvester destroying a Forest

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Last edited by The Merchant on Jun 18th, 2015 at 01:35 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 01:30 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Here's a quote on Anakin...

"Anyone who comes near will be killed instantly. I'm the only one immune."

(please log in to view the image)

What happened to the Kashyyk moon.

Draining hundreds/thousands of Jedi during the Great Sith War.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

You guys think Anakin was able to re-teach a good chunk of the Order this tech?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 01:34 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
You guys think Anakin was able to re-teach a good chunk of the Order this tech?

Well Mace already seemed to know about it, I would assume the Jedi went over their history when teaching so...pretty sure the Dark Reaper was covered.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 01:35 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

PT = Immune to drain.

What now, KOTOR II fanboys? eek!

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 02:28 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Everyone can beat Nihilus now

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 02:31 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well Mace already seemed to know about it, I would assume the Jedi went over their history when teaching so...pretty sure the Dark Reaper was covered.

Pwned!

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 03:46 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Though lets not go saying all the PT Jedi can resist draining because as Anakin said, he was the only one immune, anyone else would instantly die.

Plus if it was something that they could do normally, Anakin wouldn't have had to speak to Ulic.

All I'm saying is that as part of Jedi studying, they would go over their Order's history. So....pretty sure this would include everything up to that point.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 04:20 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by The Merchant
I've played it, I actually have it lying around somewhere.

Anakin's fight against the Reaper:

Harvester destroying a Forest

Figure you could directly link me to the times relevant shit occurs in these videos? :hmm

Well, the first one anyway, already watched the second.

Here's a quote on Anakin...

"Anyone who comes near will be killed instantly. I'm the only one immune."

What happened to the Kashyyk moon.

Draining hundreds/thousands of Jedi during the Great Sith War.

Not bad :hmm

Wookiepedia said it took out half the forests on the moon, any quote corroborating that?

Granted, I imagine the thing will probably still want to rely on powerscaling (super weapon, would hardly be a worthy war asset if a given capital ship outgunned it and produced far more energy) even then given the moons around Kashyyyk aren't incredibly large :hmm

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 04:42 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well Anakin said that's all there was left of the forests, so...I don't think it just took out half but all of them.

There is also the quote that during the Great Sith War, no army could stand against the Dark Reaper. The Harvestar is what powers it, which drains the living Force so take from that what you will.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 04:53 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Well Anakin said that's all there was left of the forests, so...I don't think it just took out half but all of them.

I believe you, but figure either you or merchant could link me to the quote?

That said, impressive regardless if it took out the whole moon's forest covered surface.

quote:
There is also the quote that during the Great Sith War, no army could stand against the Dark Reaper. The Harvestar is what powers it, which drains the living Force so take from that what you will.

Which certainly helps if powerscaling ends up being required anyway :hmm

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 08:59 PM
Zenwolf

Well the quote is just this.

"This is all that's left of the Kashyyyk moon."

You also have Obi-Wan saying there's been similar hits on other worlds too.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 10:59 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I believe you, would just like to watch the lines be said myself

Assuming its not too much of a bother to link me then via YouTube anyway :hmm

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 03:51 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
I believe you, would just like to watch the lines be said myself

Assuming its not too much of a bother to link me then via YouTube anyway :hmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgYRfPxqag

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 04:23 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgYRfPxqag

Thanks

Interesting to note?

We're told Ulic taught the Great Sith War era Jedi how to do what Anakin does

Which, as far as I can tell, is something of a benign force drain that only targets the living force around you?

While no one is specified?

It's a pretty safe bet the more powerful Jedi like Thon and Nomi were instrumental in taking down the Reaper with this technique.

Other candidates that are hardly famous likely exist which function as powerscaling fodder too I imagine. :hmm

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 09:15 PM
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123

It's a pretty safe bet the more powerful Jedi like Thon and Nomi were instrumental in taking down the Reaper with this technique.

Doubtful, Ulic states that learning this technique would make one more prone to the dark side.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

One thing however I would like to note/ask, because I see many stating this. So I wanna see what proof there is.

But exactly how is the Dark Reaper's Drain different from Sith Triumvirate?

Both drain The Force from Force Beings and the surrounding life do they not?

So am I missing something with this? Or what?

The only difference as I see it, is that one is technology which is powered by the darkside and the other is used by darkside Force Users..

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 11:24 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Man, my best friend and I must have dumped hundreds of hours into that shitty game. So good.

Cool ass boss fight too. That Duel of Fates music blaring in the background while Ulic monologues to you.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Based
Doubtful, Ulic states that learning this technique would make one more prone to the dark side.

So the Dark Reaper spontaneously self destructed?

Ulic taught some Jedi how to take it down, so obviously this risk wasn't worth considering, especially given the circumstance

Who else could really do it?

Ulic's kind of deaf to the Force due to Nomi at this point

Who better than the ****er that sealed world razing dark side energy in a lake and his protege, the future grand master of the order, the one who led the wall of light, to learn how to resist and take this thing down?

Odan Urr is dead, Vodo-Siosk Baas is dead... named character wise?

We've kind of exhausted named characters worth a shit in terms of raw power

And, believe me, I'm more than willing to buy these 2 taking it down alone. Thon's got raw power enough in spades even ignoring Nomi.

That said, kind of figuring there's more than just them given how non-specific the narration of the conflict was.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 01:42 AM