KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which is the most interesting SWTOR story?

Which is the most interesting SWTOR story?
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

Which is the most interesting SWTOR story?

From the 8 storylines in total, which one have you found most interesting?

REPUBLIC

- Jedi Knight
- Jedi Consular
- Smuggler
- Trooper

EMPIRE

- Sith Warrior
- Sith Inquisitor
- Imperial Agent
- Bounty Hunter

---

AQ: Which storyline has the best starship?

NOTE: I find the starship of Imperial Agent fascinating.

---

Remarks for each storyline is welcome.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 10:01 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Imperial Agent. Everyone agrees.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys Imperial Agent. Everyone agrees.

Interesting.

Does the Jedi Consular have a good story?

I find the Jedi Knight storyline less story-driven and more action-oriented.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 10:32 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Consular has a strong story in my opinion. I might have enjoyed it so much because people had told me that it was bad, so I appreciated it more when it was actually really good. The story for Nar Shaddaa and Hoth was pretty dumb for the Consular, but I otherwise thought it was a strong storyline. Vivicar and the First Son are good villians and I enjoyed the overall storyline of going around saving Jedi Masters and helping the Rift Alliance. I also really enjoyed the Tython storyline with the ghost of the first ever Dark Jedi. It was really cool!

I recommend going for a female character if you go Consular. The Male voice is really annoying. I deleted my male consular like 10 minutes into the game and restarted.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 10:42 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Yeah IA has the best story but ship wise, I think Fury is awesome.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 11:16 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Imperial Agent.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 11:20 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Personally I found the Jedi Consular story to be the most interesting.

I don't really care about any of the starships but if I had to pick one I'd go with the Phantom (Imperial Agent ship).

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 12:54 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Agent has the best ship for sure. That's a fact.

Storylines is a bit more subjective but IA, BH and SW seem to be the most famous ones.

Haven't played for a while, but for me, it's:

- IA

- SI

- SW

- JC

- JK

- BH

- Smuggler

- Trooper

I've only finished a few storylines and only dabbled in the rest, but I've also heard a lot from others, watched videos, etc.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 11:49 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The Sith Inquisitor storyline is moderately interesting so far, not too bad. I'm not that far into it, though.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 12:03 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I liked both Sith ones more than the Agent one. I think from an objective standpoint the Agent one is the best written, but I just prefer the more "forcey" star wars stuff, personally.

if I had to pick one, probably sith warrior.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 01:24 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by |King Joker|
The Sith Inquisitor storyline is moderately interesting so far, not too bad. I'm not that far into it, though.

How far are you? Because it's pretty terrible aside from Korriban and Dromand Kaas.

Sith Warrior is easily the best of the force user classes (though I haven't played JC).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 02:29 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by ares834
How far are you? Because it's pretty terrible aside from Korriban and Dromand Kaas.

Sith Warrior is easily the best of the force user classes (though I haven't played JC).
Idk, Zash and I are doing some sneaky, preemptive shit so I can kill Skotia.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 04:04 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's a good plot, imo. There's a bit of a let-down later on, but in general I think it's pretty solid. Hope you enjoy it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 08:27 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wish the ****ing game would download for me

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 08:47 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

SI's Act 1 is still better than the JC's Act 1, which is just repetitive (the same things happen on every single planet, lol) and has a plot twist that's pretty damn obvious.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 10:26 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Whereas SI's plot twist isn't obvious? SI has a repetitive plot that you have no real investment in, it's worse that the JC. Vivicar is also a better villain than Zash and poses a real threat.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 10:34 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'd rather have the gathering relics thing with reference to the ancient Sith over having no moral choices apart from saving/killing the masters on every single world.

Not sure if SI's plot twist is even a plot twist, because it's repeatedly suggested throughout the storyline that you're going to be up against Zash eventually. It's more a matter of how it happens.

Vivcar was a generic, arrogant, power-hungry Sith-spirit-in-a-body villain. Zash was at least interesting when she had to share bodies with Khem Val.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 10:46 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gathering relics for something you have no stakes in and actively know is bad for you. At least with saving the masters there's real stakes and you feel like you're accomplishing something and saving people.

Meaning that it's predicable.

Vivicar was still a threatening villain with an interesting backstory. I thought that with the Parkanas and Morhage plots he was pretty unique and I enjoyed how his personal story tied in with the entire rest of the act. His power is extremely dangerous and he feels like a massive threat to the whole galaxy. Zash is just some random Sith.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 10:54 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

1. Saving the masters was an identical copy+paste on every single world. The JC's third act was easily better.

And for Legend, who seems to enjoy the hype of ancient Sith, I'd say playing the SI's Act 1 would be more rewarding due to its references of Tulak Hord.

2. And the JC one isn't? At least I was actually interested interested to see how it goes down for the boss battle in SI, and what happens to Zash afterwards is more of a plot twist than what happens to Vivicar (kill or exorcise, it's obvious).

3. Vivicar is a cardboard cut-out of a Sith - the same power-hungriness of an ancient Sith spirit inhabiting a younger body attempting to exact vengeance against the Jedi. Zash was at least a genuine manipulator and her fusing of personalities with Khem Val is easily more interesting than Morrhage taking over Parkanas in my opinion.

This is ultimately all subjective, of course.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 11:00 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I'm going with the IA, i've seen the walkthroughs on Youtube and really want to play them(if my pc wasn't so shit)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2015 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote