KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Numbers of sith and jedi during SWTOR era?

Numbers of sith and jedi during SWTOR era?
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Numbers of sith and jedi during SWTOR era?

Out of curiosity, does anyone of you know a source that states the number of jedi and sith active during that period?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Millions each. Likely tens of millions or more.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Swtor E says millions, though it's in universe and known for hyperbole tbh.

If you believe in author statements it's 10,000 or slightly above.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That it's in universe would change nothing, there's no reason it would be exaggerated. I'm sure the people inside the universe know how many Jedi and Sith there are. Especially when for being "in universe" it has a shitton of hidden and obscured information.

Wouldn't it be massively hypocritical for you to take author statements into account now? stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Go Sel! Send half a dozen emails with loaded questions to various authors in hope you get the response you're looking for! DEW IT

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
That it's in universe would change nothing, there's no reason it would be exaggerated. I'm sure the people inside the universe know how many Jedi and Sith there are. Especially when for being "in universe" it has a shitton of hidden and obscured information.

Wouldn't it be massively hypocritical for you to take author statements into account now? stick out tongue

I don't take them into account at all, I don't need Karpyshyn to tell me there's not 100 million Sith running around the Galaxy, in comparison to the 10,000 max we've seen in every other era erm

And it's called propaganda Neph

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Go Sel! Send half a dozen emails with loaded questions to various authors in hope you get the response you're looking for! DEW IT

You must have me confused with Ant thumb up

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:45 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I wasn't suggesting you did that, I was just laughing at that being used as a debate tactic by some people.

If that seemed an accusation it was not intended that way.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I wasn't suggesting you did that, I was just laughing at that being used as a debate tactic by some people.

If that seemed an accusation it was not intended that way.

Nah dw I got the meaning.

Although I did do that, quite purposefully Only because a certain someone was saying the exile lost a matchup on CV just because of Avellone's quote.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Selenial
I don't take them into account at all, I don't need Karpyshyn to tell me there's not 100 million Sith running around the Galaxy, in comparison to the 10,000 max we've seen in every other era erm

You still brought it up as a legitimate source. As opposed to the actual legitimate source which trumps your personal opinion.

Propaganda? Don't make me laugh, the book isn't remotely a piece of propaganda. Especially not for the Empire, since it points out some really shitty points about them and things the Sith wanted to cover up. And is constantly calling the Jedi and the Republic heroic and the Sith evil.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 03:57 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

20,000 in the New Sith Wars actually

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 04:02 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
You still brought it up as a legitimate source. As opposed to the actual legitimate source which trumps your personal opinion.

Propaganda? Don't make me laugh, the book isn't remotely a piece of propaganda. Especially not for the Empire, since it points out some really shitty points about them and things the Sith wanted to cover up. And is constantly calling the Jedi and the Republic heroic and the Sith evil.

That's not what I meant, I mean an in universe source isn't going to be hugely accurate in terms of numbers. In universe sources during the Clone Wars put Grievous' army in "the Quadrillions" and put the Republic's loss as "certain". And we don't take them that seriously because we know they have innacuracies.

Just like the SWTORE does, saying millions of the best Sith "competed" for the position of Emperor's Wrath, yet Baras' apprentice was given the title completely unaware of what the title even meant. Simply because he hated his master....

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 04:05 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

20,000 in the New Sith Wars actually

Fair enough. But the "golden age" of the Jedi numbered in the 8000's IIRC. Krayt's One Sith Empire barely broke 10,000, as did the Jedi order of that era...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 04:05 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That's not what I meant, I mean an in universe source isn't going to be hugely accurate in terms of numbers. In universe sources during the Clone Wars put Grievous' army in "the Quadrillions" and put the Republic's loss as "certain". And we don't take them that seriously because we know they have innacuracies.

Just like the SWTORE does, saying millions of the best Sith "competed" for the position of Emperor's Wrath, yet Baras' apprentice was given the title completely unaware of what the title even meant. Simply because he hated his master....

As far as I know, the numbers for GG's army holds up unless retconned. Numbers may be smudged a bit in some instances but absolutely no way could it be so inaccurate that it repeated says millions instead of thousands. That's idiotic, especially when it's so accurate about other highly classified and obscure topics. I'm sure anyone in universe can wikipedia rough numbers for the Jedi and Sith. Plus it's supported in it's accuracy by the large numbers of Sith/Jedi seen in game in any one place. Meaning the orders are plentiful enough to field a few dozen members per planet instead of like 1 or 2. Battalions of Sith are a thing in the time of Swtor.

It says millions were "considered" by the Hand. They did not compete in person, they were evaluated. And the Warrior was given the position for his merit, not just because he had a grudge.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 19th, 2015 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 04:30 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Some of them don't respond though, or generally don't give very good answers (Troy Denning) or even know less about their writings than the reader (Kevin J Anderson) big grin.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 04:53 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

I think Jedi begin to rely on mass recruitement after the Jedi purge.. this allow the sith to send them infiltrators by thousands.... XD

SIth have expand druing an entire millenia and multiply despite some serious backstabbing, assination and sub-civil war.

If infiltrator count as Jedi so Jedi are over 900 000. (It's over 9 000 thousand laugh stupid it is a meme.)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote