KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Barsen'thor is a Male

Barsen'thor is a Male
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Barsen'thor is a Male

Barsen'thor is now canonically a male. And perhaps now in Disney Canon?

"Chandrila's Jedi Tomb: Although his true name has been lost to time, the third Barsen'thor, or Warden of the Jedi Order, is thought to be entombed on Chandrila, somewhere in the famous Crystal Canyons. He was famous for a number of ancient diplomatic victories, and for an equal number as a battlefield general."
-- Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 7th, 2015 at 04:20 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Interesting....

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If you've ever heard the voice acting for the male Consular, you know this to be terrible news.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

TBH, I wanted the Consular to be female and the Knight to be male.

This is quite disappointing for me as well.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Firstly, dat shit's Legends, yo.

Secondly, I wouldn't put any stock in this whatsoever tbh.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Selenial
Firstly, dat shit's Legends, yo.

Secondly, I wouldn't put any stock in this whatsoever tbh.

Hence why I said "perhaps," yo.

And roll eyes (sarcastic).

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:41 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Anything else in there?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Hence why I said "perhaps," yo.

And roll eyes (sarcastic).

There's no perhaps about it, it's legends.

And what, it literally says they forgot his name, you think a name would be just as easy to remember as a gender. Let me put it this way, Revan was a default Dark Side Female, the literal opposite of what he actually was. These sorts of things don't mean anything.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Why not go all out and say Nadia buried herself alive next to him? This is the route we're going, yes?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 05:02 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

There's no perhaps about it, it's legends.

And what, it literally says they forgot his name, you think a name would be just as easy to remember as a gender. Let me put it this way, Revan was a default Dark Side Female, the literal opposite of what he actually was. These sorts of things don't mean anything.

Good points.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 05:04 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

And what, it literally says they forgot his name, you think a name would be just as easy to remember as a gender.

EDIT: That's a pretty terrible point, no offense.

"She saves the Jedi from extinction, and though her name is lost in history, she becomes known as the Jedi Exile."
--Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

So no, it's not far-fetched at all given it already happened under the same circumstances.

Let me put it this way, Revan was a default Dark Side Female, the literal opposite of what he actually was. These sorts of things don't mean anything.

What source highlights Revan as a dark side female, lmfao?

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 7th, 2015 at 05:32 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 05:17 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I don't agree with the points being made against the gender identification, even if I can respect the arguments and would rather Barsen'thor be female.

This is ****ing legends though.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I do like the implications that the Barsen'thor is powerful enough to leave a nexus of energy behind if he's also the Jedi entombed in JA, tho.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 02:04 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Nooo I wanted Barsen'thor to be a female :I

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 03:14 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Do any of the other protags appear in this source?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Just a note that this means that Barsen'thor's first mention would be Jedi Academy.

There's an entire level dedicated to him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLB5Qi94Pjs

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:08 AM
Q99

I'd kinda like the inverse, because it's more stereotypical to make the physical badass male and the force badass female*. Though I will admit to picturing Consular as female.

*And that said, I totally view Nox as female, Sith Warrior as male. Hm, I guess, 'whichever way the one side does it, the other side should probably be the opposite'.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote