KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How long will the new Expanded Universe last?

How long will the new Expanded Universe last?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

How long will the new Expanded Universe last?

I don't know if the NU, can last as long as the EU. How many years do you think Disney will keep it alive, before it burns out?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

The movie trilogy should keep the demand high. I don't think its gonna die anytime soon.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Haven't the sales for the new books been low to middling? I remember reading Tarkin didn't sell as expected, at least in comparison to some off the Fate of The Jedi books.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 10:04 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Haven't the sales for the new books been low to middling? I remember reading Tarkin didn't sell as expected, at least in comparison to some off the Fate of The Jedi books.
I wouldn't have expected a book about Tarkin to sell incredibly well, tbh.

Novels like Dark Disciple and Lords of the Sith probably sold well.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 10:07 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The Star Wars comics sell Extremely Well:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...15/2015-07.html

2 Star Wars comics in the top 5, and 3 in the top 10.

Heck even Princess Leia was no.15. The lowest selling is Kanan which was number 28 with 50,000 copies sold, which is still really good for a monthly comic book. When you think these books are selling better than the likes of Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I meant the novels

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 11:47 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

The EU is going to continue selling, I don't think most people give a damn about the movie books.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 11:57 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

It won't survive long if they'll keep focusing on film and animated series characters. The old EU created many original stories and characters. So far we have only tiresome OT characters (I like them, but not so much in comic books).

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 12:06 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

>implying that literally anyone actually cared about those characters and that the old EU wasn't mainly running of the smoke of the OT and PT.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 12:27 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
>implying that literally anyone actually cared about those characters and that the old EU wasn't mainly running of the smoke of the OT and PT.

I liked em.

Also Gambler, the new EU just started so give it time.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 12:28 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

That's great, and while I was obviously exaggerating, the old EU wasn't the hot stuff the die hards want to pretend it was. It was a bunch of original saga references and OT jump offs.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 12:49 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

79 hours.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 12:56 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Heck even Princess Leia was no.15. The lowest selling is Kanan which was number 28 with 50,000 copies sold, which is still really good for a monthly comic book. When you think these books are selling better than the likes of Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men.

The old Dark Horse comics often were considered quite solid at 20k, which is not at all a bad number for a non-big-two book (Transformers nowadays does 8k-9k with two books, and that's solid enough for them to decide to give it a third ongoing).

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 01:02 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
I meant the novels

Originally posted by Q99
The old Dark Horse comics often were considered quite solid at 20k, which is not at all a bad number for a non-big-two book (Transformers nowadays does 8k-9k with two books, and that's solid enough for them to decide to give it a third ongoing).

Point is, just based on the comics alone, the new EU is holding very strong, and any talk about it dying is silly at this point.

Of course they might want to give the popular monthly comics breaks/reboots at times, given the characters and time periods they involve atm, there's only so far they can go with them.

But they certainly won't stop due to lack of financial success. Not the way they're selling atm.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 8th, 2015 at 01:54 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 01:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Point is, just based on the comics alone, the new EU is holding very strong, and any talk about it dying is silly at this point.

78 hours left.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 02:07 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

RIP Star Wars.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 02:11 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Q99
78 hours left.

Until what? The New EU finishes? LOL

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 02:12 PM