KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 1 lightsaber vs 2

1 lightsaber vs 2
Started by: Darth Demenos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Demenos

1 lightsaber vs 2

If you are good both which style would be the deadlier to fight with, 1 lightsaber or 2 lightsabers?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 10:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Demenos a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demenos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Lol, in canon the answer is seemingly always 2.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 02:02 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nah, wielding too lightsabers simply lends itself to a ferocious and fast-paced attack style. But naturally comes at the cost of increased energy expenditure and your defensive capabilities.

So its entirely dependent on your form, abilities, and the situation.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

When you wield the power of the Dark Side, one saber is all you need...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 02:24 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Kenobi - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers
Maul - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers
Kanan - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers

etc.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 03:14 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

1 imo. 2 sabers always struck me as too unwieldy and awkward unless one was a shoto.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Not sure. I'm personally a fan of wielding two.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah, wielding too lightsabers simply lends itself to a ferocious and fast-paced attack style. But naturally comes at the cost of increased energy expenditure and your defensive capabilities.

So its entirely dependent on your form, abilities, and the situation.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 06:24 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

2. If you're a master and the situation calls for it you can simply switch back to 1.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

1 is best

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

1 is practically the best, but in canon getting 2 sabers is like going Super Saiyan. In legends it made a bit more sense.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 04:10 AM
juyomaster34

2 Sabers.
I'm sharing part of my answer with BeniboyBling's answer,
I don't agree with the defense part.

I'm Quoting a book I read called Mind Sword,
San-Shin: The Sword With Three Minds
Two swords(two ploys) that,when used in concert create a third unseen possibility.
A+B= a never before seen C

Three Minds
He could use it for parry and blocking,
He could use it for cutting and stabbing
He could use it for an unorthodox manner,as he did,by
throwing it like a spear,impaling his opponent,openning the way for his coupe de grace.

I also agree with Snydicate's answer.
If the situation calls for 2.
You have to be unpredictable with 2,do something never done before. unorthodox.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 06:28 PM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lol, in canon the answer is seemingly always 2.

Anakin used 2 against Dooku and got trounced.

Kenobi - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers
Maul - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers
Kanan - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers

etc.

One of the main reasons why I think those cartoons are dumb and should not be considered canon. I HATE that trope.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:20 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Anakin used 2 against Dooku and got trounced.

That's a matter of general inferiority, though,

quote:
One of the main reasons why I think those cartoons are dumb and should not be considered canon. I HATE that trope.

Regardless, pretending that non-canon materials preside over canon ones hardly makes for a credible argument in any case.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:37 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

That trope also pops up in the Return trailer with Malgus and Kao.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by juyomaster34
2 Sabers.
I'm sharing part of my answer with BeniboyBling's answer,
I don't agree with the defense part.

I'm Quoting a book I read called Mind Sword,
San-Shin: The Sword With Three Minds
Two swords(two ploys) that,when used in concert create a third unseen possibility.
A+B= a never before seen C

Three Minds
He could use it for parry and blocking,
He could use it for cutting and stabbing
He could use it for an unorthodox manner,as he did,by
throwing it like a spear,impaling his opponent,openning the way for his coupe de grace.

I also agree with Snydicate's answer.
If the situation calls for 2.
You have to be unpredictable with 2,do something never done before. unorthodox.

Shoulda busted out a poem on the matter tbh

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Regardless, pretending that non-canon materials preside over canon ones hardly makes for a credible argument in any case.

I don't care what's "official canon." To me the quality of the material means more than the empty words of some suit that only cares about money.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
That trope also pops up in the Return trailer with Malgus and Kao.

True. That's why it's my most disliked trailer.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 05:30 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Kek, most of the EU was made by suits who only cared about money. That's basically how every business works.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 06:01 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

In SW stuff, two wins so much it's a wonder everyone doesn't use it. Pick up a second, do better! Happens *so often*. You never see someone grab two, then have the reduction in power and control from only having one hand on a blade cost them,

In real life, of course, the answer is not so easy and I'd generally go for one. This is speaking as someone who has trained with both single and double swords. I'd use two if a foe is unused to them, but it's not as great fiction tends to assume.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Kek, most of the EU was made by suits who only cared about money. That's basically how every business works.

True, but here's the difference. Most of the EU was written by people who knew the best way to make money in that line of work was to write novels, comics etc. that told great stories.

Most Star Wars "canon" by contrast is written to make money not through telling great stories, but by selling merchandise.

Originally posted by Q99
In SW stuff, two wins so much it's a wonder everyone doesn't use it. Pick up a second, do better! Happens *so often*. You never see someone grab two, then have the reduction in power and control from only having one hand on a blade cost them,

In real life, of course, the answer is not so easy and I'd generally go for one. This is speaking as someone who has trained with both single and double swords. I'd use two if a foe is unused to them, but it's not as great fiction tends to assume.

Precisely. Thank you.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 07:45 PM